Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5860 on: July 04, 2020, 05:07:26 AM »
It's a giant stretch to assert that Trump wanted a crony in place because of the Epstein case.

I don't think it is. The timing matches up, Trump's connections with Epstein give him a strong motive, and he's repeatedly interfered with federal investigations for his own benefit before. Again, there's no proof, but it looks like the most likely scenario, especially when you bear in mind that Trump's only real priority is looking out for himself and Barr's only real priority is catering to Trump.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #5861 on: July 04, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
It's a giant stretch to assert that Trump wanted a crony in place because of the Epstein case.

I don't think it is. The timing matches up, Trump's connections with Epstein give him a strong motive, and he's repeatedly interfered with federal investigations for his own benefit before. Again, there's no proof, but it looks like the most likely scenario, especially when you bear in mind that Trump's only real priority is looking out for himself and Barr's only real priority is catering to Trump.

The most likely? How about just having a favorable court in your hometown? That’s a waaaaaaaaaaaay more likely scenario than Trump trying to cover up his ties with pedo-island.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: July 06, 2020, 04:38:02 PM »
Fair.  But ya gotta admit, Eagle, sitting on top of a cirlcle with your national symbol on it.  Kiiiinnnddaaa makes ya wonder.
Does it, though? I mean, does it really, Dave?

American symbolism is eagles all over the place. Eagle hiding behind a shield holding some arrows and fresh herbs (Great Seal). Eagle on a ball (Marines). Eagle holding a key (NSA). Eagle holding some arrows, but this time no fresh herbs (DoD). Eagle holding a shield while tripping balls in front of a vapourwave globe (Cyber Command). Eagle sitting on top of an American flag emblem (Central Command).

The abuse of the poor eagle long predates the Nazi regime, too. This is a terrible take.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:39:33 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: July 06, 2020, 05:54:25 PM »
Fair.  But ya gotta admit, Eagle, sitting on top of a cirlcle with your national symbol on it.  Kiiiinnnddaaa makes ya wonder.
Does it, though? I mean, does it really, Dave?

American symbolism is eagles all over the place. Eagle hiding behind a shield holding some arrows and fresh herbs (Great Seal). Eagle on a ball (Marines). Eagle holding a key (NSA). Eagle holding some arrows, but this time no fresh herbs (DoD). Eagle holding a shield while tripping balls in front of a vapourwave globe (Cyber Command). Eagle sitting on top of an American flag emblem (Central Command).

The abuse of the poor eagle long predates the Nazi regime, too. This is a terrible take.

I'm gonna just think it looks similar enough that its in poor taste and call it a day.  Patters, man.  We all see different ones.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: July 08, 2020, 01:42:13 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/books/2020/07/08/mary-trump-book-family-memoir-worst-moments-donald-trump/5396178002/

More juicy stuff. It looks like this book will be the first book about Trump that reads like an episode of Dynasty.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: July 08, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
Its weird.  I don't see anything about Trump trying to block that book.  Like, is he not worried?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: July 08, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/07/donald-trump-mary-niece-book-eight-most-shocking-claims

Juicy stuff.
The stuff about his parents checks out.
He is clearly mentally ill with serious personality disorders. The way he acts when anyone questions, rejects or criticises him isn’t normal.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: July 08, 2020, 08:37:31 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/07/donald-trump-mary-niece-book-eight-most-shocking-claims

Juicy stuff.
The stuff about his parents checks out.
He is clearly mentally ill with serious personality disorders. The way he acts when anyone questions, rejects or criticises him isn’t normal.

I have been saying this all along... he has narcissistic personality disorder with sociopathic tendencies.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: July 08, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/entertainment/kanye-trump-coronavirus-forbes/index.html

Looks like somebody recognized that supporting Trump was costing him street cred and is trying to get it back.

Meanwhile I hope he does run for president. Why would anybody presume he'll take votes away from Biden when he aligned himself with Trump for so long? Please run, Kanye!

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: July 08, 2020, 10:01:26 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/entertainment/kanye-trump-coronavirus-forbes/index.html

Looks like somebody recognized that supporting Trump was costing him street cred and is trying to get it back.

Meanwhile I hope he does run for president. Why would anybody presume he'll take votes away from Biden when he aligned himself with Trump for so long? Please run, Kanye!

People forget. Just like they forgot how Trump earlier this year did everything he could to downplay and blow off the coronavirus outbreak, leading to his approval ratings bizarrely going up once he started going through the motions of taking it seriously. I don't know if he'll end up taking votes away from Biden, but anyone who's dumb enough to vote for Kanye fucking West is presumably going to have completely forgotten how supportive he was of Trump.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: July 09, 2020, 01:05:54 AM »
People forget. Just like they forgot how Trump earlier this year did everything he could to downplay and blow off the coronavirus outbreak, leading to his approval ratings bizarrely going up once he started going through the motions of taking it seriously. I don't know if he'll end up taking votes away from Biden, but anyone who's dumb enough to vote for Kanye fucking West is presumably going to have completely forgotten how supportive he was of Trump.

All of The Donald's radicalized rednecks completely forgot how supportive he was of their hated Lizard Hillary.

Of course, people in general have forgotten all about the pussy grabbin, multiple bankruptcies, his promise to release his tax returns, dissing war vets, praising dictators, etc, etc..

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: July 09, 2020, 02:24:08 AM »

All of The Donald's radicalized rednecks completely forgot how supportive he was of their hated Lizard Hillary.

Of course, people in general have forgotten all about the pussy grabbin, multiple bankruptcies, his promise to release his tax returns, dissing war vets, praising dictators, etc, etc..

When you spew as much garbage as this man does, the mental queue for bullshit can only store so many queries. So yes, people forget. They also forget because most people do not have the mental schemas that would allow them to categorize this amount of .... what’s even the right word for it? ....
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: July 09, 2020, 04:05:17 AM »
Also, many don't care.

"I'm Republican.  He's Republican.  What more do I need?"

Or

"He tells it like it is. " As if yelling and bashing other people is 'telling it like it is'.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: July 09, 2020, 07:35:43 AM »
Also, many don't care.

Exactly this. They haven't forgotten, they just don't care.
And he wasn't Hilliary, that was a big factor in why he won. There were lots of "Anyone but Trump" people but a lot of "Anyone but Clinton" people too.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: July 09, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »

People forget. Just like they forgot how Trump earlier this year did everything he could to downplay and blow off the coronavirus outbreak, leading to his approval ratings bizarrely going up once he started going through the motions of taking it seriously.

When did this happen? I just checked to make sure I wasn't seriously missing something, but no, Trump's approval rating is still holding under 40%. His net approval is still underwater by double digits. Polls are still predicting a sweeping Democratic win. The media is still citing his handling of the coronavirus as part of the reason for his current dismal ratings.

If it's just the temporary "rally round the flag" effect you're referring to, well that really did die quickly didn't it? Indeed it's a perfectly normal part of politics that Trump couldn't even take advantage of for more than a couple weeks before exposing himself as a fraud. In my view it does not support the notion that people just forgot, it mainly highlights how desperate we were for a real leader in a time of crisis, and how quickly we subsequently realized we don't actually have one.

totallackey

« Reply #5876 on: July 09, 2020, 01:05:52 PM »

People forget. Just like they forgot how Trump earlier this year did everything he could to downplay and blow off the coronavirus outbreak, leading to his approval ratings bizarrely going up once he started going through the motions of taking it seriously.

When did this happen? I just checked to make sure I wasn't seriously missing something, but no, Trump's approval rating is still holding under 40%. His net approval is still underwater by double digits. Polls are still predicting a sweeping Democratic win. The media is still citing his handling of the coronavirus as part of the reason for his current dismal ratings.

If it's just the temporary "rally round the flag" effect you're referring to, well that really did die quickly didn't it? Indeed it's a perfectly normal part of politics that Trump couldn't even take advantage of for more than a couple weeks before exposing himself as a fraud. In my view it does not support the notion that people just forgot, it mainly highlights how desperate we were for a real leader in a time of crisis, and how quickly we subsequently realized we don't actually have one.
Are you actually of the belief that most Americans are desperate to be led?

Better yet, let us just expand the question to all people.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 09, 2020, 01:11:16 PM »
Also, many don't care.

Or

"He tells it like it is. " As if yelling and bashing other people is 'telling it like it is'.

There used to be yellow dog Democrats. Now, there are orange dog Republicans.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

« Reply #5878 on: July 09, 2020, 04:53:27 PM »
https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/sevp-modifies-temporary-exemptions-nonimmigrant-students-taking-online-courses-during

this fall, every university in america should offer Fuck ICE, a 1-credit class with an optional-attendance policy that meets once per month to discuss The State and Revolution.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 09, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »

Are you actually of the belief that most Americans are desperate to be led?

Better yet, let us just expand the question to all people.

How are you defining "being led"? I feel like you're using a completely different context from the one I intended and I want to make sure I understand what you mean before I answer.