Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10000 on: September 22, 2022, 08:29:44 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/21/trump-i-could-declassify-documents-by-thinking-about-it-00058212

Ah.  Some clarity on the matter.  Trump can declassify documents just by thinking about it and this ability transcends space and time.

I wonder if he can also classify documents just by thinking about them...
He doesn't need to let anyone know that he thought about declassifying documents either.  After all, what business is it of anyone else if he thinks about declassifying a document?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: September 22, 2022, 09:26:06 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/21/trump-i-could-declassify-documents-by-thinking-about-it-00058212

Ah.  Some clarity on the matter.  Trump can declassify documents just by thinking about it and this ability transcends space and time.

He doesn't need to let anyone know that he thought about declassifying documents either.  After all, what business is it of anyone else if he thinks about declassifying a document?

So... Trump declassified EVERYTHING.
So fire up those freedom of information requests!  We got us some national secrets to read!

Also:
NARA is run by radical left wing people.
That's.... interesting.  But I guess anyone against Trump (like telling him to comply with the law) is radical left.  Go figure.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: September 22, 2022, 09:56:33 PM »

So... Trump declassified EVERYTHING.
So fire up those freedom of information requests!  We got us some national secrets to read!

Ah but there's a counter for that.  Trump simply wills it to be classified the moment anyone does a foia request.  And immediately after wills it back to be unclassified.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: September 22, 2022, 10:19:39 PM »
Ah but there's a counter for that.  Trump simply wills it to be classified the moment anyone does a foia request.  And immediately after wills it back to be unclassified.
Two problems with that.  One: Trump lost that magic power the instant Biden was sworn in.  Two: some of the charges being investigated don't depend on those documents being classified.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: September 22, 2022, 11:10:40 PM »
Two problems with that.  One: Trump lost that magic power the instant Biden was sworn in.  Two: some of the charges being investigated don't depend on those documents being classified.

There is that.  However Trump, being the smartest man ever, no doubt anticipated the need to rapidly unclassify and reclassify information and did so during his presidency.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #10005 on: September 23, 2022, 07:33:15 AM »
If Trump declassified them by thinking about it, I'm sure Biden has been keeping up to speed with the case, and has thought about re-classifying them all already.

So they are all classified again now. Prove me wrong.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: September 23, 2022, 10:52:02 AM »
Since Trump and lawyers have suggested that the FBI may have planted some docs, Special Master has given them until a week today to provide sworn statements as to which documents they allege were not seized from Mar a Lago; i.e. those which they claim were planted.
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: September 23, 2022, 02:00:48 PM »
If Trump declassified them by thinking about it, I'm sure Biden has been keeping up to speed with the case, and has thought about re-classifying them all already.

Touche.

However there is a nonzero possibility that Trump will be re elected in 2024.  If so then he can retroactivately declassify/reclassify documents through space and time in the past.

He is the National Security Kwizatz Haderach!

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: September 23, 2022, 03:06:35 PM »
Maybe they're Schrödinger's Documents, either classified or declassified depending on what Trump is thinking at the time.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: September 23, 2022, 08:54:27 PM »

It doesn't really matter if the documents are classified or declassified.  What matters is that those documents are still government property that a former president has no right to possess.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: September 23, 2022, 09:29:23 PM »

It doesn't really matter if the documents are classified or declassified.  What matters is that those documents are still government property that a former president has no right to possess.
Yes.  That's already established.  But we're hoping he digs himself an even deeper grave.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: September 23, 2022, 09:56:39 PM »

Yes.  That's already established.  But we're hoping he digs himself an even deeper grave.
The fraud charges that NY AG just filed should be plenty deep enough.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: October 17, 2022, 07:37:29 PM »
Oh hey.... Trump really sucked Tax Payer's dry.  At Cost my ass.  He should have given it to them for FREE!

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/17/1129491352/trump-hotels-overcharged-secret-service-agents

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: October 26, 2022, 09:54:24 PM »
And because voter intimidation is now a trump thing:

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/26/1131474648/arizona-ballot-drop-boxes-mules-voter-intimidation

Summary:
If you're in tactical gear and carring a gun while filming.. odds are, people are not gonna want to vote where you are.

Tho I wonder what would happen if people supporting democrats did that at the same time.  Just like wearing big ANTIFA hats while carring guns and wearing tactical gear while filming everything.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: November 04, 2022, 09:52:18 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: November 04, 2022, 02:12:32 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63508406

Oh goody...

Not sure what to think.  The U.S. populace is certainly stupid enough to elect him again.  Although, I know many republicans who are tired of him and want him to go away.  The problem is Joe Biden being idiot arrogant enough to run for a second term.  I think a reasonable democrat defeats Trump due to the fact that enough republicans will simply not vote if the alternative isn't Biden.  Kinda how Trump won in '16 due to democrats not coming out to vote for Hillary.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: November 04, 2022, 02:47:51 PM »
The U.S. populace is certainly stupid enough to elect him again.
I'm not sure about this. Obviously has a core support who will vote for him whatever. And that core is depressingly large. But it's not large enough to win an election. As we saw last time out, get a Democrat who isn't absolutely hated and they'll beat Trump. The issue in 2016 was it was Clinton and there was a big "anyone but Clinton" vote. I think after 4 years of Trump though, and the events of January 6th, it would have to be someone amazingly unpopular to lose to Trump. I doubt the GOP will select him again for that reason.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: November 04, 2022, 04:38:24 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63508406

Oh goody...

Note the date.
He's waiting to see what the senate looks like first.  It'll show if he has a shot because he really, really hates losing.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: November 10, 2022, 04:36:35 PM »
Trumpty Dumpty is getting trashed.  Not sure how he's going to play it as a win but he'll try to spin something.  He will lose to DeSantis in the primary.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: November 10, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »
Trumpty Dumpty is getting trashed.  Not sure how he's going to play it as a win but he'll try to spin something.  He will lose to DeSantis in the primary.
He's blaming his wife.