Saddam Hussein

R.I.P. Ferguson
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:31:43 AM »

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:46:46 AM »
Thank God the white people won, for change.
God is real.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:08:03 AM »
No indictment. Turns out all of the alleged witnesses admitted they weren't even at the scene. Wow.

FERGUSON ALERT – Violent protesters, SHOTS FIRED, looting, bricks being thrown at police. Numerous law enforcement agencies radio traffic on “interoperability” (IO) talk groups is very heavy. Helicopters remain in the air over Ferguson.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:49 AM »
They are trying to torch a Walgreens, looting a meat market and torching that. Idiots.
God is real.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:16:23 AM »
It's so hard to have faith in humanity when they do shit like this.

"I hate the police so I'm gonna burn a Walgreen's!"
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »
omg people on FB are getting way too emotional and irrational.

From the evidence it seems like the officer could have been legitimately defending himself but now everyone is using this case to fight police brutality.
I feel for the cops right now. This will just cause more resentment towards them when obviously they're just people and there are a lot of great ones in uniform.

Apparently there's going to be a protest in Nashville tonight. I don't know what the fuck anyone hopes to accomplish. I guess cameras on officers would be feasible, but I just wish some of these "victims" would be held more accountable as well.

If a kid waves an airsoft gun that looks real in a park and doesn't drop it after the officer warns him, then it was the kid's fault. Where the fuck were the parents?
If a teenager assaults an officer then it was his fault.
What the fuck, people. I wish some of these assholes would spend a week in uniform and see how terrifying it can be. I'd like to see what they do if someone pointed a realistic gun at them.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »
I think the real lesson here is don't rob a fucking convenience store.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »
I think the real lesson here is don't rob a fucking convenience store.
EVEN IF HE DID ROB A STOER AND ASSALT THE POPO, THE POPO SHULD HAV JUST USED PEPPR SPRAY!!! >o<

ACAB!!!!1!

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »
White people: super concerned with justice in the context of economic goods owned by other whites, less so with justice in the context of systematic oppression of millions of people of color.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
White people: super concerned with justice in the context of economic goods owned by other whites, less so with justice in the context of systematic oppression of millions of people of color.

Yes, I am sure no "people of color" were affected by "justice in the context of economic goods" with their own community being burned down. Get off your high horse and stop being so pious.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »
They should just disband the police force.  See how long the riots last before burning themselves out.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 04:56:43 PM »

Yes, I am sure no "people of color" were affected by "justice in the context of economic goods" with their own community being burned down. Get off your high horse and stop being so pious.

Christ.  I'm sure there were.  Obviously not my point.  My point is that the same people who are so loudly decrying the injustice of looting a Walgreens don't seem to give a shit that the underlying cause of the looting is systematic, society-wide, state-sponsored injustice.

Really, though, super sorry to hear about what happened to a Walgreens.  That's awful.  The injustice of it all!  How untoward!
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »

Christ.  I'm sure there were.  Obviously not my point.  My point is that the same people who are so loudly decrying the injustice of looting a Walgreens don't seem to give a shit that the underlying cause of the looting is systematic, society-wide, state-sponsored injustice.

Really, though, super sorry to hear about what happened to a Walgreens.  That's awful.  The injustice of it all!  How untoward!

No, that is not the underlying cause of the looting. People just like to loot when there's a good excuse to do it. Also, the majority of the stores looted were small businesses owned by minorities.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:11:33 PM by Particle Person »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »
the underlying cause of the looting is systematic, society-wide, state-sponsored injustice.
What exactly is systematic and state-sponsored about this?

And I mean today. Not in the past. Sure, there are some pricks who are racist, but there are no laws that uphold racism.

In this specific case there is evidence to back up an assault and that shots were fired in self defense in what seemed to be a struggle (backed up by the autopsy). Are you telling me it's a conspiracy to frame a black teenager so that the blacks will stay in their place? Do you have specific examples and laws to back up your outrage?

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
Let me back up one small step and briefly apologize.  I'm doing the whole 'everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot' thing that I dislike so much in others.  Like many, I have strong feelings on this topic.

No, that is not the underlying cause of the looting. People just like to loot when there's a good excuse to do it. Also, the majority of the stores looted were small businesses owned by minorities.

We probably have incommensurate opinions here.  I think that the riots are fundamentally caused by the belief in these citizens that the police are a violent, adversarial force that targets people of color.  I don't think that this belief is arbitrary or asinine, and I think that it reflects an empirically demonstrable bias/discrimination/oppression/whatever of persons of color in America.

What exactly is systematic and state-sponsored about this?

The shooting of Michael Brown was state-sponsored, and many people of color who distrust the police do so precisely because the use of force by police feels (and empirically is) disproportionally targeted at them.

And I mean today. Not in the past. Sure, there are some pricks who are racist, but there are no laws that uphold racism.

In this specific case there is evidence to back up an assault and that shots were fired in self defense in what seemed to be a struggle (backed up by the autopsy). Are you telling me it's a conspiracy to frame a black teenager so that the blacks will stay in their place? Do you have specific examples and laws to back up your outrage?

It's at this point that I don't know where to go in the discussion.  I don't mean that backhandedly, but we probably simply have incommensurate opinions on the degree to which racial inequality still exists in America.  I think racial inequality in America today is still quite pronounced.  No, we don't have laws that explicitly prohibit people of color from voting or whatever, but I don't think racial inequality can be measured or understood in such narrow terms.  Jim Crow laws weren't actual laws, but they undoubtedly had a material impact on people of color in their day.  Racial inequality doesn't require conspiracies or state-sponsorship.

Also, remember that there are thousands of people living in Ferguson today who were alive and remember when the federal government absolutely did target people of color as threats to national security and treated them as such.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 06:10:55 PM »
systematic oppression of millions of people of color.
Yeah, we're not very concerned about made-up shit that people keep claiming over and over without producing a shred of evidence. Go figure.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »
I feel bad for the officer, I really do. The blacks and white guilters wouldn't be satisfied until he was found guilty. It sucks that a young man had to be killed, but the evidence seems to support the officers story. What should we do, throw him in jail to make the blacks feel better? thats how they seem to want, some affirmative action reparation justice, its sickening. Of course blacks face injustice, but why is Michael Brown the face of it? He robbed a conveinent store, assaulted a police officer, using his name as an excuse to riot, chant things like "fuck the police" and so on is disgusting.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
People wonder why the police are given these riot vehicles from the military, only to happily give the police an excuse to use them and prove their function as riot containment.

Ghost of V

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »
Someone care to explain this whole situation to me like I'm five? I'm too lazy to read the article.

Is it basically the "white cop kills unarmed black guy" kinda deal?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
People wonder why the police are given these riot vehicles from the military, only to happily give the police an excuse to use them and prove their function as riot containment.
I don't think you fully appreciate the completely asinine nature of these riots.

I was watching a live stream of the protest since before it turned into a looting and burning frenzy. At first, most of them actually acted reasonably civil. As emotions got more and more built up, some of them began to get aggressive. Immediately, and I do mean immediately, they were accused by the mob of being police-hired instigators whose sole job was to discredit the riot.

These are people who are completely ready to discredit everything they see, and everything they do, just to make things fit their insane conspiracy theory. To them, it is more likely than the big bad white man hired a bunch of their own kin to make the perfectly peaceful protesters look aggressive than it is for some of the protesters to actually be aggressive. There can be no reasoning with these people. Most of them will either get locked up (but oh noes that will contribute to disproportionate distribution of races in jail!) or they'll burn all their businesses to the ground and then blame the big bad white man for there being no jobs.

Someone care to explain this whole situation to me like I'm five? I'm too lazy to read the article.

Is it basically the "white cop kills unarmed black guy" kinda deal?
Assuming you want the short answer: Yes.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume