Offline jimster

• View Profile
What is going on with these observatories
« on: February 23, 2022, 10:16:19 PM »

He said there are 35 such observatories establishing the positions of satellites in 3 space. Are these part of the conspiracy? Or are they all just wrong? Bear in mind that this is part of the gps system, and it works.

Are all the web sites that say where the satellites are correct, if so they establish RE. If not, how does gps work so well? Giant conspiracy? They are all wrong, but somehow gps works in some supersecret way that is not RE?

Can we say anything about this other than the earth is flat, so the math must be wrong and/or conspiracy?

I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
Re: What is going on with these observatories
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 12:39:46 AM »
Bendy lasers?
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 01:17:26 AM »
Quote from: jimster
the math must be wrong

Considering that you don't show what math they are using, the assumption is undemonstrated, and your concerns can be summarily dismissed due to insufficient information.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 03:53:37 AM »
the math must be wrong

Considering that you don't show what math they are using, the assumption is undemonstrated, and your concerns can be summarily dismissed due to insufficient information.
The WGS84 reference system defines the shape and size of the earth. Please refer to it.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
the math must be wrong

Let's not express it as an "assumption" then. Let's take it in stages;

Statement. There are 35 observatories firing lasers up into the sky. Y/N?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 09:07:49 PM »
Let's not express it as an "assumption" then. Let's take it in stages;

Statement. There are 35 observatories firing lasers up into the sky. Y/N?
Why should we waste our time with your game of 69 questions? If you have a position to state, state it, and back it up with evidence. If you don't have one, crawl back into the hole you crept out of.

Bendy lasers?
Are you proposing that lasers are anything other than electromagnetic in nature? This is a fascinating claim that I'd love to explore.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:18:06 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 11:32:41 PM »
Pete, I don't think lasers are different then traditionally understood. :

(Original post)  Without getting ahead of myself, I'm proposing that when we point lasers at satellites to get their positions, we are assuming the ground is spherical and the laser light is straight.  But if we consider the laser light bends as it passes through the atmosphere, you might assume the ground is flat using the same data.

It's sort of like sunrise and sunset.  Both earth models can predict the rising and setting of the sun and can probably use the same tracking equipment to do it (theoretically).

Edit:. I'm going to back away from my bendy laser theory because the laser is probably mostly straight when pointed at satellites near earth whether it be flat or round.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 02:57:00 AM by MetaTron »
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 11:37:05 PM »
I know its not the exciting answer that perhaps you are looking for but these lasers are simply producing artificial stars so astronomers can measure atmospheric turbulence prior to starting an observing run. They can they apply corrections in software to reduce the amount of noise in their images due to poor seeing.