Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Gravity, and the sun and moon
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:38 PM »
it would take a ton of energy for us to be constantly accelerating.
Possibly, but not necessarily. I'd suggest doing some more research on acceleration.

Let's not forget this jewel as evidence of junker's extensive knowledge on acceleration, where he claims that constant acceleration "possibly, but not necessarily" requires energy. If this was somehow a misstatement of what he was intending to say, then the window to provide clarification has long since passed. First let us consider that the property of requiring energy is binary. It either does or it does not require energy. The answer is not neither. It is not in a superposition of both needing and not needing energy. So automatically, a response of "possibly, but not necessarily" demonstrates he doesn't know what he is talking about. It is not that acceleration "possibly, but not necessarily" requires energy, it is that he doesn't know which.

In response to being called out on this, he offers as an explanation but fails to explain it adequately, proper vs coordinate acceleration. I can only assume from the thoroughness of his post that he means that the requirement of energy for constant acceleration is dependent upon your frame of reference, which is ridiculous because changing between reference frames does not in any way alter the fundamental laws of physics, hence why the concept of reference frames in physics is so vital to begin with. Our choice of coordinate systems is completely arbitrary and has absolutely no bearing on physical reality. If it did, then that implies that the laws of physics are not constant, and a law not held constant is the epitome of an oxy-moron. But what do I know, I'm completely ignorant and not fit to share the (flat) earth upon which junker walks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was a long-winded post for you just to confirm your ignorance. Also good to see you’re the arbiter of how long I’m allowed to have to engage or disengage in a topic.

I’d suggest spending more time brushing up on your own knowledge, and less time displaying your ignorance to the world. Best of luck!

Why not just explain yourself so he knows what you're talking about? Mora is correct in his comments concerning frames of reference and you FEers tend to play pretty loose with your misappropriation of scientific principles. It isn't exactly easy to guess what you're on about. If you spent as much time explaining your position as you did telling people they are ignorant/calling them morons (which is against the forum rules, if I remember), you might actually convince someone.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline OrigamiBoy

• more like fat earther amiright
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2017, 08:27:05 PM »
I may be more willing to believe in your conspiracy if you actually debated with us instead of saying "research it yourself". This is a debate forum, please debate. Saying "research it yourself" is implying that you don't know the information your self. If you have information on concepts that prove the earth is flat, I'm happy to hear you explain them! :)
These are very desperate people - trying SO hard to maintain this one theory that they are prepared to shut their minds to the hundreds of crazy things they have to say to defend it.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2017, 08:47:01 PM »
I’ll point you in a direction to try to help you, but I’m not going to bother trying to convince you of something since no one so far has shown the capacity to think beyond what they think they already know.
Science is not where we think beyond what we already know.  It is where we use what we already know to think beyond what we already know!  We can't confirm the Flat Earth, as it does not use any current proof or any proof of their own.

Excellent point, and a point that round earth proponents should heed.

Offline Nope:)

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2017, 09:22:58 PM »
How does the sun only light up a circle from poll to almost south pole then cover half the earth half a qourte of a year later then cover most of the earth including all after Antarctica a quarter of a year later then cover half of the earth finally finishing that year with only covering it's circle?

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2017, 09:36:19 PM »
How does the sun only light up a circle from poll to almost south pole then cover half the earth half a qourte of a year later then cover most of the earth including all after Antarctica a quarter of a year later then cover half of the earth finally finishing that year with only covering it's circle?

Answered in the FAQ
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)