Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5580 on: June 07, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »
So what's the big baby been up to lately?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-trump-coronavirus-swab-factory-visit-maine-20200606-ll7a5oucvjadzp357y2zdqpwjm-story.html

Ah, forcing a factory to throw away boxes of coronavirus swabs by refusing to wear a mask during the visit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29273182/drew-brees-stands-apology-flag-comments-response-president-trump

And getting into a feud with an NFL player over the kneeling issue.

Just being a big stupid baby as usual it seems.

Ugh..... this guy... I have been searching for the words, but they do not come....

Just can't understand... see my post here for details: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=16325.msg213989#msg213989
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline GreatATuin

• It's turtles all the way down
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: June 08, 2020, 06:12:32 AM »

And now being mad that Colin Powell is going to vote for someone other than him.

Is he really mad at that? That's the fourth time in a row Powell will not vote for the republican candidate. Makes me wonder why he choses to remain a member of that party. Maybe it's more about the two-party system of the  USA than about Powell and Trump, reminds me how earlier this year, AOC said that 'In any other country, Joe Biden and [her] would not be in the same party'.
Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

you guys just read what you want to read

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:57 AM »

And now being mad that Colin Powell is going to vote for someone other than him.

Is he really mad at that? That's the fourth time in a row Powell will not vote for the republican candidate. Makes me wonder why he choses to remain a member of that party. Maybe it's more about the two-party system of the  USA than about Powell and Trump, reminds me how earlier this year, AOC said that 'In any other country, Joe Biden and [her] would not be in the same party'.

He's mad at anyone who won't vote for him. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: June 08, 2020, 09:20:07 AM »
He's mad at anyone who won't vote for him.

He's mad at anyone who won't agree with/praise/support him, anyone who won't do his bidding, anyone who won't lick his boots...
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: June 08, 2020, 09:49:19 AM »
Whitehouse releases "photos of the week", and one shows Trump addressing a roomful of police officers, a meeting which was NOT on his published public schedule .....

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: June 08, 2020, 10:50:11 AM »
Whitehouse releases "photos of the week", and one shows Trump addressing a roomful of police officers, a meeting which was NOT on his published public schedule .....

The fist looks really bad.  Like wtf is he saying where he gestures with a fist?

Also not the vests and riot shields.  Trump is prepping for battle.  And by prepping I mean telling his men to crush the enemy (protesters) while he inspects the bunker.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #5586 on: June 08, 2020, 12:07:00 PM »

Trump tweeted his standard array of Ad Hominems very soon after Powell made the announcement, so yes, Trump is mad.

Online Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: June 08, 2020, 12:11:43 PM »
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/08/trump-tweet-players-who-kneel-are-disrespecting-our-country-our-flag/

Trump's support on this issue is eroding to dust. He just can't recognize when he's losing the argument. This is yet another example where, sure, he'll energize his base of zombies, but he risks alienating everyone else. Can he really afford to do that during an election year?

With Goodell's statement permitting the protests Trump should just drop it. It would be a PR nightmare for Goodell to change his stance now; as a businessman, surely Trump at least recognizes that much. It's hard to imagine that Trump's not only hurting himself with this at this point.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: June 08, 2020, 12:17:26 PM »
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/08/trump-tweet-players-who-kneel-are-disrespecting-our-country-our-flag/

Trump's support on this issue is eroding to dust. He just can't recognize when he's losing the argument. This is yet another example where, sure, he'll energize his base of zombies, but he risks alienating everyone else. Can he really afford to do that during an election year?

With Goodell's statement permitting the protests Trump should just drop it. It would be a PR nightmare for Goodell to change his stance now; as a businessman, surely Trump at least recognizes that much. It's hard to imagine that Trump's not only hurting himself with this at this point.

He doesn't, actually care about anyone else but his followers.   And he honestly believes he can win with just them. Or maybe he doesn't care.  Maybe he just wants crowds of people cheering him and that's all he needs to be happy.

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: June 08, 2020, 12:20:10 PM »
Wouldn't he like 4 more years of that though? I don't know, maybe he really doesn't care about reelection. Or maybe he's counting on his loss sparking a civil war. It's hard to know what's going on in the baby's brain.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

totallackey

« Reply #5590 on: June 08, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »

Ah, the good ole us v them dynamic...aren't you tiring of this?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: June 08, 2020, 01:20:07 PM »

Is Trump tiring of the "must dominate the people" dynamic?

Nearly?

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: June 08, 2020, 01:29:34 PM »

Of course. But Trump doesn't seem to be. He forces the dynamic with his unrelenting divisiveness.  :(

totallackey

« Reply #5593 on: June 08, 2020, 01:48:09 PM »

Is Trump tiring of the "must dominate the people" dynamic?
Trump, I believe, was stating that rioters and looters must be dominated.

So, yes.

If someone was tearing up, setting fire, or otherwise destroying your things, I would actually come and dominate that someone for free.

totallackey

« Reply #5594 on: June 08, 2020, 01:50:13 PM »

Of course. But Trump doesn't seem to be. He forces the dynamic with his unrelenting divisiveness.  :(
He is certainly drawing a line in the sand.

I fail to see the problem with people who draw lines in the sand.

I do not think Trump is losing this particular argument.

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: June 08, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »
Quote from: totallackey

Then apparently you aren't tiring of the us vs them dynamic. Why even bring it up if that's the case?

totallackey

« Reply #5596 on: June 08, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »

Then apparently you aren't tiring of the us vs them dynamic. Why even bring it up if that's the case?
Do people who who riot and injure others also divide?

How about people who torch and pillage?

Do they divide?

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: June 08, 2020, 02:25:44 PM »

Do people who who riot and injure others also divide?

How about people who torch and pillage?

Do they divide?

I suppose you could say they're drawing a line in the sand...

Rama Set

« Reply #5598 on: June 08, 2020, 02:26:27 PM »
I haven't seen Roundy supporting hte actions of looters though, so this seems like a strawman in development.

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: June 08, 2020, 02:35:29 PM »
I haven't seen Roundy supporting hte actions of looters though, so this seems like a strawman in development.

He wasn't even subtle about completely changing the subject but I'm always willing to see where he's going with things.