Offline miguel

• View Profile
no offense
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:39:14 AM »
Hello my name is Miguel, from Ushuaia Argentina. I am very interisting with this forum, but I have to ask why does day time always seem longer than the night in here?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: no offense
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 02:18:27 PM »
Hello my name is Miguel, from Ushuaia Argentina. I am very interisting with this forum, but I have to ask why does day time always seem longer than the night in here?
(I'm not a Flat-Earther, but I understand their world-view well enough to provide a useful answer here)

In the Flat-Earth world, the sun is a 30 mile sphere, hovering 3,000 miles above the surface of the flat earth.   It casts a beam of light downwards instead of shining light equally in all directions as the Round Earth sun does.

The FE Sun moves around the surface of the Earth in an odd spiralling loop (sadly, nobody seems to have taken the time to figure out it's actual path).   It is a property of that motion that the FE Sun moves further south in December/January and further north in June/July.   Because of the shape of the light beam that it casts, this means that there are fewer hours of daylight in winter and more in summer.

I don't personally believe that this "works" because there are other aspects of the way the sun and moon behave that are inconsistent with that.   But that's the essence of how things are claimed to work.

There are lots of documents on the Wiki (see the link up there in the menu bar?) - I suggest you read through them before asking "commonly asked questions" in the forums because that tends to annoy the site owners.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »
His question is indeed pertinent, simply for the fact he lives in the Southernmost city in the Earth. Please, correct me if it's not a correct claim, but surely it's not by far.

On all FE models I've seen so far, it's impossible days are longer in the Southern Hemisphere - or Hemiplane, call it whatever you will - than in the Northern one.

This poses a big challenge to their theories and I have yet to see someone explain it.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:27:25 AM »
His question is indeed pertinent, simply for the fact he lives in the Southernmost city in the Earth. Please, correct me if it's not a correct claim, but surely it's not by far.

On all FE models I've seen so far, it's impossible days are longer in the Southern Hemisphere - or Hemiplane, call it whatever you will - than in the Northern one.

This poses a big challenge to their theories and I have yet to see someone explain it.

Assuming that the sun moves in some magical way to exactly mimic what would happen on a spherical Earth (funny how that happens - right?!) and that it casts a "beam" of light onto the Earth that's just perfectly 'right' - then the width of the beam would be narrower at the top and bottom than in the middle.  So if the sun moved overhead some point south of the equator - then in the northern hemiplane - the days would be shorter and the nights longer.

As usual with FET, this sounds kinda plausible until you look carefully at the consequences - at which time it falls apart.

In truth, the sun has to illuminate exactly half the points on the Earth's surface at any one instant - and the way they have this described, that doesn't seem possible.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 12:58:54 PM »
Miguel, since you live there maybe you know: are there any webcams which have good sunrise or sunset visibility?  Maybe some local business or public organization hosts one?  It would be nice to be able to SEE the sun hitting the horizon at positions south of due east or west dor the next six months.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
timeanddate.com gives sunrise, sunset and time of daylight.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
Today:
Daylight
08:04 – 19:00
10 hours, 56 minutes

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
Hey my one shot Agent tina, did the hurricanes hit you? With the power out it will be dark like the fallen angels crib down under. Other than that it is probably cold too. Dark and Cold
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.