totallackey

Re: Trump
« Reply #5460 on: May 27, 2020, 02:38:30 PM »
It occurred to me that this whole business about states having the right to open as they see fit vs Trump trying to force the issue is perhaps the clearest expression of how much Republicans have sold out their basic principles in favor of supporting Trump.

Silence or support from most Republicans about it... and the Republicans are supposed to be the party of limited federal power and expanded state rights.

It's a stark reminder of the fact that the Republican Party doesn't stand for the same things that they did before Trump took office. It doesn't really seem to stand for much anymore other than keeping Donald Trump happy.

It's sad to witness the degradation of an entire political party like that.

It doesn't seem like it would take much (at this point) to push the US into another civil war. The US is already divided by at least 40/60, probably closer to 50/50, and with Trump provoking his base the way he does - creating discourse in virtually every arena of politics, civility, and economics; the further lack of trust the American's have in its leaders, and growing fears of the unknown. Mix all of this with a pandemic (and our governments inability to lead through it), and we are creating a perfect storm.

If Trump is reelected, I don't see any of this getting any better.
If we go through another shutdown over BS, you are right about that.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: May 27, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »
It occurred to me that this whole business about states having the right to open as they see fit vs Trump trying to force the issue is perhaps the clearest expression of how much Republicans have sold out their basic principles in favor of supporting Trump.

Silence or support from most Republicans about it... and the Republicans are supposed to be the party of limited federal power and expanded state rights.

It's a stark reminder of the fact that the Republican Party doesn't stand for the same things that they did before Trump took office. It doesn't really seem to stand for much anymore other than keeping Donald Trump happy.

It doesn't seem like it would take much (at this point) to push the US into another civil war. The US is already divided by at least 40/60, probably closer to 50/50, and with Trump provoking his base the way he does - creating discourse in virtually every arena of politics, civility, and economics; the further lack of trust the American's have in its leaders, and growing fears of the unknown. Mix all of this with a pandemic (and our governments inability to lead through it), and we are creating a perfect storm.

It was BS, and you still support the guy? He cried like a toddler, kicking and screaming about it, until he realized that he can just get a bigger stick and hit back.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: May 27, 2020, 02:50:03 PM »
More claims without substantiation.
I ask him to read the material he submitted and it amounts to, according to him, no evidence and no substance.

Thanks for admitting your link was bogus.

See, when someone presents an argument and gives a quote that supports it, for someone else to say, "You're wrong, just read what you posted..." 

Well, obviously I read it as I gave a quote from it.... YOU on the other hand are just blowing smoke. If you think anyone is buying it, you're mistaking. I am more annoyed at this point that I keep having to waste my time replying to your nonsense.... give me something to argue back if you feel so strongly that I'm wrong.

I can't argue the crap you post because I already did! You can't just say, "You're wrong, hahahah, and I know it because I'm right."...... enough ranting (this doesn't belong here, but you need to hear it).
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #5463 on: May 27, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »

It was BS, and you still support the guy? He cried like a toddler, kicking and screaming about it, until he realized that he can just get a bigger stick and hit back.
I don't support any policies that go against the First 10.

I think the First 10 took a big hit this time.

I think the will of the people to actually live has diminished.

I've written this before.

totallackey

« Reply #5464 on: May 27, 2020, 03:21:11 PM »
More claims without substantiation.
I ask him to read the material he submitted and it amounts to, according to him, no evidence and no substance.

Thanks for admitting your link was bogus.

See, when someone presents an argument and gives a quote that supports it, for someone else to say, "You're wrong, just read what you posted..." 

Well, obviously I read it as I gave a quote from it.... YOU on the other hand are just blowing smoke. If you think anyone is buying it, you're mistaking. I am more annoyed at this point that I keep having to waste my time replying to your nonsense.... give me something to argue back if you feel so strongly that I'm wrong.

I can't argue the crap you post because I already did! You can't just say, "You're wrong, hahahah, and I know it because I'm right."...... enough ranting (this doesn't belong here, but you need to hear it).
If I was ranting, then you would be correct.

The link you posted clearly states the words, "cautions against."

I don't care if you argue back or not...

I am getting rather tired of your orange man bad routine, regardless of what he does...

Seems like you would have enough to monitor in your own life, trying to do the best you can with that, rather than thinking you somehow have an honest critiques of Trump.

Because you don't...

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: May 27, 2020, 03:52:31 PM »

I am getting rather tired of your orange man bad routine, regardless of what he does...

Seems like you would have enough to monitor in your own life, trying to do the best you can with that, rather than thinking you somehow have an honest critiques of Trump.

Because you don't...

So, you don't think "cautions against" is a recommendation to abstain?

Also, now I have further evidence that you did not, in fact, read the article, but only the heading (which states the phrase "cautions against") - likely you only read the URL.

Had you actually read the article, you would have found something along these lines:

"We recommend initial evaluation and monitoring when using hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine " ... "Monitoring may include baseline ECG, electrolytes, renal function and hepatic tests".

So, unless you have an ECG or other hospital equipment in your home, that means they are literally recommending to use in a hospital or clinical setting.

You would know this if you had read the article.
"noche te ipsum"

totallackey

« Reply #5466 on: May 27, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »

Because you don't...

So, you don't think "cautions against" is a recommendation to abstain?
Recommendations are generally presented as RECOMMENDATIONS.

This "cautions against," BS you have been spouting has always been in place for people with HEART CONDITIONS and at risk for arrhythmia, regardless of the reason why they are taking hydroxychloroquine.

Also, now I have further evidence that you did not, in fact, read the article, but only the heading (which states the phrase "cautions against") - likely you only read the URL.

Had you actually read the article, you would have found something along these lines:

"We recommend initial evaluation and monitoring when using hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine " ... "Monitoring may include baseline ECG, electrolytes, renal function and hepatic tests".

So, unless you have an ECG or other hospital equipment in your home, that means they are literally recommending to use in a hospital or clinical setting.

You would know this if you had read the article.
Yeah, I read all of that.

Again, nothing like you wrote.

As a matter of fact, you are so far off base, it's laughable.

No recommendations to take it only in hospital.

Just give up already.

You can't win em all...especially when you lost em all.

Rama Set

« Reply #5467 on: May 27, 2020, 04:38:02 PM »
This "cautions against," BS you have been spouting
Lol
has always been in place for people with HEART CONDITIONS and at risk for arrhythmia, regardless of the reason why they are taking hydroxychloroquine.

So glad you can agree it is not recommended for Trump to take it. Unless you think an obese 70 year old who takes amphetamines to cope with the most stressful job in the world isn’t at risk of a cardiac event?

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: May 27, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »
No recommendations to take it only in hospital.

Hmmmmmm.....

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/studies-find-further-lack-covid-benefit-hydroxychloroquine

Earlier this week, the American College of Physicians posted guidelines recommending against using hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, alone or in combination with azithromycin, in COVID-19 patients, unless it's within the context of a clinical trial and the decision to treat is made with patients and their families.

American College of Physicians - https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1998

Do not use chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone or in combination with azithromycin as a treatment of patients with COVID-19 due to known harms and no available evidence of benefits in patients with COVID-19.

Not only are they recommending to only use in a clinical setting, they are also recommending to not use it PERIOD (to treat COVID).

Do I need to go on?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:57:59 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: May 27, 2020, 05:23:55 PM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 27, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »
Yeah, I think it would be better for everyone if we just stopped engaging him. In other news:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/donald-trump-twitter-threat-regulate/index.html

haha Trump is mad
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: May 27, 2020, 06:04:17 PM »
Yeah, I think it would be better for everyone if we just stopped engaging him. In other news:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/donald-trump-twitter-threat-regulate/index.html

haha Trump is mad

I want to see Twitter double down on this. It would be nice if they did something with his deplorable Joe Scarborough conspiracy theory tweets, especially since the poor woman's widower asked them to.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: May 27, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »

haha Trump is mad

I want to see Twitter double down on this. It would be nice if they did something with his deplorable Joe Scarborough conspiracy theory tweets, especially since the poor woman's widower asked them to.

He won't shut down twitter. It gives him too much power, and for free.
"noche te ipsum"

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: May 27, 2020, 07:23:49 PM »
According to one of Trump's recent tweets the media is pressing a "new narrative" that Trump was slow in responding to the coronavirus.

They've been saying that since Trump first started downplaying the threat of the virus months ago that resulted in the delayed response.

But somehow this is a "new narrative".

And the totallackeys of the world are just nodding their heads in dumb agreement, like with everything else he says.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: May 27, 2020, 07:45:25 PM »
I wanna see Trump push an Anti-Fake News law against social media then watch as he's banned when the law is implemented.

Or or...
Trump tells his followers to quit twitter and social media.  Which would destroy his entire power base in a few months.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5475 on: May 27, 2020, 08:58:36 PM »
Well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2020/05/27/trump-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-has-voted-by-mail-11-times-in-10-years/

Trump himself has voted by mail in Florida, but apparently now, it's not good enough for him.
"noche te ipsum"

« Reply #5476 on: May 27, 2020, 09:07:09 PM »
Two questions:

Those of y'all who like Trump, can you name two things he's done that you disagree with?

Those of y'all who dislike Trump, can you name two things he's done that you agree with?

Rama Set

« Reply #5477 on: May 27, 2020, 09:21:25 PM »
Two questions:

Those of y'all who like Trump, can you name two things he's done that you disagree with?

Those of y'all who dislike Trump, can you name two things he's done that you agree with?

I think he is a donkey but the China travel ban was a good step to break the inertia. I like that he has called international powers on their BS.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: May 27, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
Two questions:

1. Removed EPA regulations preventing companies from dumping toxic, harmful chemicals into rivers and cricks (more properly called 'creeks').

2. Separated children from their parents because they didn't fit a certain criteria.

Now you just have to decide whether or not I agree or disagree with these 'things'... that was a joke...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:37:06 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: May 27, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »
Two questions:

1.  Appears to genuinely want to not get us into more wars.  I know he's committed a few acts of war but I believe he's too stupid to know better and he was tricked by some of the warmongers surrounding him.

2.  Is intermittently willing to take on China.  Although he appears to be completely ineffective at it.