Offline beardo

• View Profile
Re: Supes' Must-Listen-To List (Recommend me albums!)
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 01:52:56 AM »
And here's a reminder:
I'm a sucker for 80s new wave stuff and need more of it.
Forever Young by Alphaville and Meanwhile by Celebrate the Nun. Add.
Hunting High and Low by A-Ha is another classic you might enjoy, unless you're sick of Take On Me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:55:14 AM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 04:42:59 AM »
I'm not really sure that invalidates my interpretation. He never even brought up the ending.

Incorrect and irrelevant.  Hang your head in shame.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 05:28:19 AM »
Moar dadrock.  The Rolling Stones are pretty much the ultimate in dadrock, so I guess I'd recommend Let it Bleed.  Also, I see you've got The Who's Tommy on your list, but didn't you also have Quadrophenia there?  Why is it gone?  What is this insolence?  They're both good albums, anyway.  Would it bump them up in priority if I officially recommended them?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
reply snupes

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 03:35:57 AM »
Sorry to everyone for taking so long. I've really, really not been well. I've been at one of my lowest points, certain things are going to shit pretty quickly and I've been way busier than I'd like and am not coping too well with it all. I'm not promising any dates for anything but next week should be a nice break for me...hopefully.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 04:08:52 AM »
Tell us about it.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 05:04:56 AM »
I can't believe how long ago it feels like we made some of those recommendations.  And we just keep throwing more at you.  Like these:

Billy Joel, Piano Man.  I'm not kidding, it's one of my all-time favorites.

Phish, Rift.  I owned this album back in the day.  I've never seen Phish live so I don't think I can count myself as a true fan (like the Dead, a huge part of the culture surrounding Phish is their live shows), but I do love this album.  I recently rediscovered it on Youtube and I honestly had forgotten how awesome it was.

The Postal Service, Give Up.  Knowing what I do about your tastes you might have already come across this one, but just in case you haven't... prepare to have your mind blown.

Also, I thought I recommended MGMT's Congratulations on the old site and I don't see it on the list.  Get it on there.

Korn's not on there anymore either but I'll let you off the hook for that one.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »
Tell us about it.

Forgive my Aspieness, but is that genuine interest or Sadaaming?

The Postal Service, Give Up.  Knowing what I do about your tastes you might have already come across this one, but just in case you haven't... prepare to have your mind blown.

Oh boy, don't worry, I've loved this album for years. Discovered them very shortly after Owl City and they are magnificent...but now you've made me want to listen to the album again, so listening I am. <3 "Nothing Better" is one of my all-time favourite songs. I just love Dntel's instrumentals and Ben's oddly polite mannerisms and soft vocals. It's so amazing and such a weird contrast.

Korn's not on there anymore either but I'll let you off the hook for that one.

Oh don't you worry, it'll be on there again. I stick to my word.

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
Tell us about it.

My interest is sincere.  I wouldn't make fun of you when you're feeling that down.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
Tell us about it.

My interest is sincere.  I wouldn't make fun of you when you're feeling that down.

That's a good one, sadaam.

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »
I'll throw out George Watsky's Cardboard Castles. It's some quality white-person hip-hop.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 07:04:27 PM »
snuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupes

Stop ignoring this thread!

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »

His voice is hilarious

Rama Set

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2014, 03:22:37 PM »
Banana hammock...

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2014, 09:17:23 PM »
If you like folk-y music, can I recommend Show of Hands? I've been listening to them recently and am liking what I hear.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »
Sorry about how (much) long(er than usual) this is taking. Like I said, a bunch of crap going on. The worst of which is finding out my mom might have cancer again. We won't know anything for sure 'til Friday, but it's not looking great and she's had different kinds twice before, so I'm kind of freaking out about it. That said, away from sad and onto albums.

Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues: So I am saddened to find that this is no longer a concept album about a transgender prostitute like it was originally going to be. There are hints of it throughout the album, and the best songs are the ones that seem like they were from that cut. That said, the album is really good, albeit a bit of a minor disappointment ‘cause I had pretty high expectations and thought it was going to have that story. It’s still a good album despite that, just not as good as it could’ve been. It also seems like something was weird about the mixing/production, everything seems to be way too much to the left. Anyway, the best song was “Dead Friend”, which was a morbid kind of sweet, followed by “Paralytic States”, which was clearly meant to be one of the last songs off the concept album. If only the rest were like those… ;o;

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless: Okay, so I went in a bit excited and a bit skeptical (as most great things tend to be overhyped), but wow. That was fucking amazing. This is one of those albums I would classify as an experience, because it’s just…really amazing. I can see why this album is a legend. I’m pretty sure this is one of the best albums I’ve ever heard in my life. I probably listened to it way too loud and hopefully I don’t go deaf, but it would be well-worth it if I did. The atmospheric distortion of the guitars is impeccably done, the way sounds are layered and mixed so masterfully to just create this amazing aural paradise of noise and distortion and just a noisy ambiance. If ever an album’s sound was custom-tailored to suit my tastes, this is it. I love noise music, I love distortion and harsh sounds, I love weird stuff and I love dreamy music…and weirdly this can be described with all those adjectives at the same time. This is really an awe-inspiring work of art and I am really excited to have experienced it. Srsly, I can’t wait to listen again. My favourites were “To Here Knows When”, which was the point at which I realized how breathtakingly enchanting the album is, and the closing song “Sleep”. Seriously, I don’t care who you are or what you like: listen to this album.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:34:08 PM by Supertails »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2014, 10:35:30 PM »
Seriously, I don’t care who you are or what you like: listen to this album.

You don't get to tell people that!  >:(

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
And now it's time for a special Saddam review:

Arcade Fire - Reflektor: This was weird, but good.  I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics, because I had a feeling that whatever they were singing about would just go over my head, but I liked their voices, and the music too.  I preferred the more upbeat songs like "Flashbulb Eyes," and "Normal Person" - the slower ones weren't bad or anything, but I guess they're just not my thing.  Anyway, there we go, yay for Canadian indie rock.

Now it's time for Tommy, Snupes.  DON'T TRY TO AVOID IT.