The Coriolis effect tested
« on: April 11, 2019, 12:03:18 PM »

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
Re: The Coriolis effect tested
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:31 PM »
Wow. I had to watch without sound. Did he get a tiny effect in the big tub? That’s great!

I love this dude. He always posts such engaging content. Plus, I have never once noticed an error in the videos or his reasoning (though I have not seen them all).
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 02:57:33 AM »
Wow. I had to watch without sound. Did he get a tiny effect in the big tub? That’s great!

I love this dude. He always posts such engaging content. Plus, I have never once noticed an error in the videos or his reasoning (though I have not seen them all).

Another nail in the coffin for the flat earth model.

Careful! That kind of reply will likely result in a warning.

Since you are new: argumentative comments like that are only permitted in AR or CN, at least if they are not in a reasonable context.

For example: if I had attached that comment to the end of my previous reply, then it might be allowed - since i am referencing a piece of information within that reply that is contextual. But a single sentence reply that only offers what might be insulting to someone is different.

In my experience (and I am not a mod, so take this as my subjective understanding of the rules), one can make comments that can sometimes have an edge IF they are made along with a context that directly supports the comment’s use - either as a summary, elaboration, or thesis.

Hope I’m not coming off as a dick! I was not provided detailed support from mods on exactly what was acceptable, and so have had to piece it together thru trial and error. Ya can’t blame them either - they don’t exactly have time to walk everyone through all possible linguistic scenarios. The fora rules cover much - but much is still in the gray.
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »

Another nail in the coffin for the flat earth model.

Careful! That kind of reply will likely result in a warning.

Since you are new: argumentative comments like that are only permitted in AR or CN, at least if they are not in a reasonable context.

For example: if I had attached that comment to the end of my previous reply, then it might be allowed - since i am referencing a piece of information within that reply that is contextual. But a single sentence reply that only offers what might be insulting to someone is different.

In my experience (and I am not a mod, so take this as my subjective understanding of the rules), one can make comments that can sometimes have an edge IF they are made along with a context that directly supports the comment’s use - either as a summary, elaboration, or thesis.

Hope I’m not coming off as a dick! I was not provided detailed support from mods on exactly what was acceptable, and so have had to piece it together thru trial and error. Ya can’t blame them either - they don’t exactly have time to walk everyone through all possible linguistic scenarios. The fora rules cover much - but much is still in the gray.

Thanks for the clarification, I have since deleted my reply in concern.