Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Moon landing conspiracy makes you look silly
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 02:38:46 AM »
The moon reflecting light can never be evidence of the moon landing. The moon has reflected light for longer than the existence of man kind.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2014, 03:01:20 AM »
The moon reflecting light can never be evidence of the moon landing. The moon has reflected light for longer than the existence of man kind.
But how well the Moon reflects a light directed at the landing sites is evidence, really convincing evidence. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(2008_season)#Moon_Laser
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2014, 04:03:40 AM »
But how well the Moon reflects a light directed at the landing sites is evidence, really convincing evidence. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(2008_season)#Moon_Laser

The moon reflects light directed anywhere at it. If it did not, then you would not be able to see it.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2014, 04:51:59 AM »

The moon reflects light directed anywhere at it. If it did not, then you would not be able to see it.
So you're arguing that the Moon does not absorb any light? Really?

Also, more than just reflection is involved in the experiment. The direction, intensity, and color shift of the reflection all play important roles. Please watch the MB episode again.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 02:02:34 AM »

Where did I say that? You would have such an easier time understanding other people if you stopped trying read words that aren't being said. In a debate, all the knowledge about the other person you need is in their posts.

Also, more than just reflection is involved in the experiment. The direction, intensity, and color shift of the reflection all play important roles. Please watch the MB episode again.

All of those variables simply depend on the type of laser being used.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:04:15 AM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2014, 03:13:40 AM »

Where did I say that? You would have such an easier time understanding other people if you stopped trying read words that aren't being said. In a debate, all the knowledge about the other person you need is in their posts.
You might want to look at the punctuation at the end of my question. I asked if that was your position. I did not say that it was your position. Please pay attention. Would you now do us all the favor of answering my questions? Thanks.

All of those variables simply depend on the type of laser being used.
No, they depend on quite a variety of factors beyond just the type of laser being used. I'd say that some or all of the following, and probably more, influence the result: the color of the Moon's surface targeted, the longitude and latitude targeted, the amount of moisture in the atmosphere between the source and the target, and the reflective properties of the target. Why would a laser even have to be used?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 03:01:12 AM »
You might want to look at the punctuation at the end of my question. I asked if that was your position. I did not say that it was your position. Please pay attention. Would you now do us all the favor of answering my questions? Thanks.

You don't know too much about writing, do you?

No, they depend on quite a variety of factors beyond just the type of laser being used. I'd say that some or all of the following, and probably more, influence the result: the color of the Moon's surface targeted, the longitude and latitude targeted, the amount of moisture in the atmosphere between the source and the target, and the reflective properties of the target. Why would a laser even have to be used?

No, it really just depends on the type of laser being used.