Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: The Coriolis Effect and Day/Night Cycle
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:40 AM »
I always know when FEers feel that they're losing the debate: When personal attacks is all the content of a response. Thanks Vaux!
Are you sure you're not just projecting?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2014, 01:12:20 AM »
I always know when FEers feel that they're losing the debate: When personal attacks is all the content of a response. Thanks Vaux!

Both sides are good at it, retard (mirite?)

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2014, 01:20:46 AM »
To be fair, the experimental evidence presented in the wiki is a joke.  "Is Kansas flatter than a pancake"?  Really?  The closest it comes to presenting a decent experiment is the BLE, which, when it was done properly, showed the Earth was round.  There is some controversy in this community about that result, but none of that is actually pertaining to the set up and execution of the experiment, which we know, as a matter of record, was attested by Hampden's chosen referee as showing the Earth round.  So I am not sure what experimental evidence Tausami could rely on so heavily as to discount the plethora of evidences for the Earth being round.
Sorry, but I just have to commend RS here. I've always loved the Kansas article for FES's stupidity for including it as evidence of FET. The study uses the USGS markers that calculate the distance of the point (on the surface) to the center of the Earth, which of course relies on the round shape of the Earth. Of course, even if an entire state were flat in the FET sense, it would hardly be evidence about the shape of the entire Earth. (Since an elephant's foot's bottom is flat, the elephant must be flat.) Good job, RS.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »

Both sides are good at it, retard (mirite?)
And how! Uh... you... you big fat ugly meanie, you.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
Experimental evidence has proven that the Earth is flat. This much we can be sure of. Everything else is merely speculation.
Just out of curiosity, how much of this experimental evidence (water convexity experiments, stc.) that you're so sure of relies on physical properties that you're not so sure of (bendy light, aether, etc.)?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
Experimental evidence has proven that the Earth is flat. This much we can be sure of. Everything else is merely speculation.
Just out of curiosity, how much of this experimental evidence (water convexity experiments, stc.) that you're so sure of relies on physical properties that you're not so sure of (bendy light, aether, etc.)?

Are you suggesting that the FE interpretation of Bedford relies on EA? Because from what I understand it's the RET explanation for Bedford that relies on magical bendy light.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2014, 09:06:40 PM »

Are you suggesting that the FE interpretation of Bedford relies on EA? Because from what I understand it's the RET explanation for Bedford that relies on magical bendy light.

Refraction is magical?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2014, 10:52:27 PM »

Refraction is magical?

So is gravity.  Are you a wizard or something? 

Rama Set

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »

Refraction is magical?

What are you talking about?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »

Refraction is magical?

What are you talking about?

I thought we were talking about magic? 

Rama Set

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:24 PM »
I wasn't. What are you talking about?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »

Magical things, like refraction and gravity.  Maybe we would also talk about other magical things, like dark matter and dark energy?  Maybe even the big bang? 

Rama Set

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2014, 12:13:41 AM »

Magical things, like refraction and gravity.  Maybe we would also talk about other magical things, like dark matter and dark energy?  Maybe even the big bang? 

Even though I think it is demented, I get why FEers occasionally deride gravity as "magical" but what is your issue with refraction?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »
I don't have an issue with refraction.  You are the one who mentioned that refraction is magical. 

Rama Set

« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »
I don't have an issue with refraction.  You are the one who mentioned that refraction is magical. 

¿Do you only understand question marks if there is also an inverted one at the start of the sentence?

And actually, it was Tausami who mentioned magical refraction. Keep up please. No more bourbon for 3 hours.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:28:08 AM by Rama Set »

Ghost of V

« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »

¿Do you only understand question marks if there is also an inverted one at the start of the sentence?

¿Que?

Rama Set

« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2014, 12:29:07 AM »

¿Que?

¡That's what she said!

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2014, 01:06:50 AM »

Are you suggesting that the FE interpretation of Bedford relies on EA?
No, I'm suggesting that EA conflicts with the FE interpretation of Bedford.

Because from what I understand it's the RET explanation for Bedford that relies on magical bendy light.
Then you understand wrong.  Refraction is a likely explanation for the BLE, but refraction is far from magical and not at all the same as bendy light (EA).  Among other things, EA bends light the opposite way that refraction does.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:08:30 AM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.