Ghost of V

Re: Just Watched
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »
First Class is good and you kind of have to watch it to understand this one.

Is Future Past a sequel to First Class?

« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
First Class is good and you kind of have to watch it to understand this one.

Yes.

There are too many superhero franchises out there. >o<  I haven't seen any of these X-Men movies since the original trilogy.  Should I watch them?  I've heard they're all good except for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

X3 was also crap.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:52 AM »
There are too many superhero franchises out there. >o<  I haven't seen any of these X-Men movies since the original trilogy.  Should I watch them?  I've heard they're all good except for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

X3 was also crap.

Yes, it was.  I had been referring to the movies since the original trilogy, because I've already seen them.  I probably should have made that a bit more clear, though.

Also, who owns the rights to Quicksilver?  I don't understand how two rival studios can be waving around the same character like this.  Surely one of them should be suing the other by now?

« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2014, 02:12:29 AM »
Probably because he's not quite as big as the other heroes.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:29 AM »
Here's an explanation, actually:

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2014/04/why-is-quicksilver-in-two-movies-x-men.html

I guess it makes sense.  Sort of.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2014, 02:53:38 AM »
I really wish Rogue had been a bigger character, she and Nightcrawler are my favorites. Speaking of which, I want Nightcrawler back. A better one. Alan Cumming was alright but he wasn't flirty or energetic enough.

Ffff definitely. I love Nightcrawler. ;o; I was sad because when Wolverine first said he knew someone who could break into the Pentagon unnoticed, my immediate first thought was actually Nightcrawler. :[

Yes. This is the best of the bunch, though. But you definitely want to see all of them to understand it.

It's a sequel to every X-Men movie made up to this point, pretty much. But more narrowly, it's basically a sequel to X-Men: First Class and X3: The Last Stand at the same time. It deals with both the past and present and alternate timelines. It's great.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2014, 03:06:15 AM »
I thought they meant Nightcrawler too! But then I realized it couldn't possibly be him considering his origins.

Rama Set

« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »
X-Men was not so good. They tried to pack too much into one story and did not concentrate on Phoenix like it appeared they would.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »
Sony needs to sell the Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel.

« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
Saddam, you're becoming really good at being the first person on the Internet to say things.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2014, 04:38:35 AM »
Sony needs to sell the Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel.

Fucking hell, you have no idea how much I agree with this, regardless of Vindictusnark. Marvel has such an amazing universe and continuity going that, as far as I can think of, has never really been quite done before in film, at least not in such a huge way. I'm just so eternally crushed that Spider-Man won't be in the Avengers like he should; can you imagine Joss Whedon writing Spidey's wit and jabs alongside Iron Man like he should be doing? And if they got the X-Men rights again...fuck, this pisses me off even more because in the comics Spider-Man and Wolverine are so Goddamn amazing together, they're a historical comic book duo. But we won't see them on-screen together because stupid idiotic studios I hate them so much
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
Spiderman would be another token Joss Whedon character, just like every other hero. Except it suits Spiderman more than it suits Thor.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
Snupes, you're the Marvel expert.  Tell me, have the Fantastic Four ever not sucked?  I ask because all I know about them is that they had three terrible movies and now there's a reboot coming out.  Go away superhero franchises.

« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
Hasn't every superhero sucked at one stage of their comic book lives?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
Sure, but I'm wondering what it is specifically about the Fantastic Four that keeps tripping filmmakers up.  Same with the Punisher.  Three attempts, all of them duds.  What gives?

« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Bad directors/writers. e.g. Batman & Robin, Man of Steel.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »
I watched Fargo yesterday at the recommendation of a family member after I told him I was going to school in Minnesota. I don't know why I haven't watched it before; it was phenomenal.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »
Film or TV series?

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »
film. I will probably end up watching the show at some point.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
Sure, but I'm wondering what it is specifically about the Fantastic Four that keeps tripping filmmakers up.  Same with the Punisher.  Three attempts, all of them duds.  What gives?

Y'see I prefer the Punisher films to the Spidey shite we get crammed down our throats every 6 months.