Offline Mr. Genius

• I came here to laugh.
    • View Profile
But Why?
« on: May 31, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »
Something I've seen a on the wiki is the notion that there is a conspiracy and that no one ever went to space. I have a couple of arguments for this. (One of which is a video because I'm not that smart.)

1. I don't understand how or why two opposing forces (USSR and the USA) would conspire with each other in order to trick the world. This has no benefits for either side, since they both would have to use money in order to create fake footage to broadcast throughout the world. They'd also have to get the people who literally watched the Saturn V takeoff into the conspiracy. (Those who were there, not TV, because that was faked according to FEers.) There were also multiple deaths caused by rockets, such as Roger Chaffee, Virgil “Gus” Grissom, and Ed White II in the Apollo 1 launch pad fire. (Citation: https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo1info.html) I read a lot of books, and one thing I learned is to ask "Who benefits?" In this case, no one really can benefit because of the next point.

This video provides multiple citations that back up his claims. Sorry if you don't like the humor or if it offends you.

Thanks!
Why else do you think the game is "All a*ROUND* the World?"

Offline edby

• View Profile
Re: But Why?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »
The Cui bono argument.
.. "to whom is it a benefit?", is a Latin phrase related to the identification of crime suspects, expressing a utilitarian view that the perpetrator of a crime may be found among those who have something to gain, chiefly with an eye toward financial gain.
Yup - most reasonable people would accept that argument.

But …

[Brilliant video, by the way. 'I need lasers!!!']
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:57:18 PM by edby »

Offline Mr. Genius

• I came here to laugh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 02:55:04 PM »
Yup. Apologies if it has been posted before. Didn't think about that until now.

Indeed, reasonable people lol.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:57:37 PM by Mr. Genius »
Why else do you think the game is "All a*ROUND* the World?"

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 03:30:08 AM »
Lol no one is even responding, they can't even think up a reasonable argument. Not that their arguments are reasonable...

Hi there. If you have nothing to add to the thread other than complaining about FE, then please refrain from posting. Have a warning, and do please read the rules if you find yourself struggling. Have a nice day.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 04:18:38 AM »
2. https://youtu.be/zhp-FTYSGe8
This video provides multiple citations that back up his claims. Sorry if you don't like the humor or if it offends you.

The main argument of that video is that the moon landing couldn't have been fake because the shadows are straight and don't diverge. However, that is not true. Diverging shadows was one of the first things people pointed out.

There may be explanations for some of those photos, but there are plenty of diverging shadows and whoever made that video apparently did not do any research at all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:20:41 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 04:15:40 PM »

The main argument of that video is that the moon landing couldn't have been fake because the shadows are straight and don't diverge. However, that is not true. Diverging shadows was one of the first things people pointed out.

There may be explanations for some of those photos, but there are plenty of diverging shadows and whoever made that video apparently did not do any research at all.

But what about point #1?

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »

But what about point #1?

the assumption is based on cold war history which many people debate.  i will try and find it, but there was a pretty sizable thread about the moon race and how/why the USA and USSR worked together on the hoax.   
Quote from: SiDawg
Planes fall out of the sky all the time

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 09:38:22 AM »
It puzzles me to this day how (and why) 2 superpowers kept a secret quiet for what? 60 years?

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »
In the United States alone, NASA received over 20 billion USD from the United States Government. This funding, like funding for all space agencies, is contingent on Round Earth Theory being true.

1. I don't understand how or why two opposing forces (USSR and the USA) would conspire with each other in order to trick the world. This has no benefits for either side, since they both would have to use money in order to create fake footage to broadcast throughout the world.
It wasn't the entirety of the USSR and USA governments, it was the space agencies, both of which have a vested interest in promoting Round Earth Theory regardless of reality.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.