Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10300 on: April 11, 2023, 04:34:59 AM »
So based on that, it sounds like the store and site is like cafepress: the Trump campaign submits designs like logos and such, and the platform puts it on tshirts, mugs, yard signs, etc... For them while also handling all financial transactions, printing, and inventory management.

Interesting, nice work figuring this out. So it seems like, going back to Lackey's original question, "I wonder what makes the author of the article believe the website is the official store of Donald Trump?" that it is in fact the 'official' store, or at a minimum, the graphics and such that go on the merch is 'officially' from the Trump campaign. The cafepress model afterall.
It isn't the official store of Donald Trump.
Its the official store of Donald Trump's campaign.

But yes, it is not the official Trump Inc. store.  Which no one was talking about.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: April 11, 2023, 05:13:28 AM »
So based on that, it sounds like the store and site is like cafepress: the Trump campaign submits designs like logos and such, and the platform puts it on tshirts, mugs, yard signs, etc... For them while also handling all financial transactions, printing, and inventory management.

Interesting, nice work figuring this out. So it seems like, going back to Lackey's original question, "I wonder what makes the author of the article believe the website is the official store of Donald Trump?" that it is in fact the 'official' store, or at a minimum, the graphics and such that go on the merch is 'officially' from the Trump campaign. The cafepress model afterall.
Its the official store of Donald Trump's campaign.

But yes, it is not the official Trump Inc. store.  Which no one was talking about.
The author of the article presented it as such.

"The former president’s official store ..."

So, someone was talking about it.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: April 11, 2023, 05:42:27 AM »

I don't know what to tell you. This is Trump's official campaign site, www.DonaldJTrump.com...

If I click on the "Shop" button over on the right, I end up on the Winred site...
site.

Looks pretty official to me. You know, with it saying so in the banner in quite a large font and the fact that I got here from the official, certified Trump campaign site at www.DonaldJTrump.com. Seems pretty clear to me.

Not to mention what dave found out, that Winred simply gets the graphics and content provided by the Trump campaign and then prints up the merch and ships it out. From the original article:
He has promised fans a ‘free’ T-shirt if they donate $47 to his re-election campaign.
It’s reported that the 76-year-old’s campaign chiefs wanted to use a proper mugshot but couldn’t in the end as one was not taken.

Here's what the official Trump campaign came up with instead:

And then Winred prints it on some merch and sends it out.

So I guess I don't know what your definition of "Official" is.

Magicalus

« Reply #10303 on: April 11, 2023, 05:49:24 AM »
At a certain point, he's got to admit to making shit up to make himself seem more persecuted. He didn't even take a fake mugshot, it's clearly just a mug board (?) photoshopped over a picture of him over a mugshot wall.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: April 11, 2023, 05:54:55 AM »

I don't know what to tell you.
You could write it isn't the official store of Donald Trump.

Because Donald Trump doesn't have an official store.

He may have official merchandise.

But having merchandise doesn't constitute having a store.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10305 on: April 11, 2023, 06:06:19 AM »

Fair enough. The Trump campaign's non-official store is the only store that sells official Trump campaign merchandise and only official Trump campaign merchandise. I'm glad we got that all cleared up. Totally makes sense.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: April 11, 2023, 06:14:41 AM »

Fair enough. The Trump campaign's non-official store is the only store that sells official Trump campaign merchandise and only official Trump campaign merchandise. I'm glad we got that all cleared up. Totally makes sense.
Donald Trump doesn't have a non-official store.

The Trump campaign doesn't have a non-official store.

Winred has a store.

Dave posted all of the explanation.

Maybe you ought to read it again.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: April 11, 2023, 07:09:03 AM »
Guys...

Action is being pendemic.

He's saying "Official Trump Store" = Trump inc.  where he sells golf balls, steaks, etc ..
https://www.trumpstore.com/

The author, to him, made a mistake in bot writing "the official trump campaign store"
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: April 19, 2023, 05:55:19 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65318654

Who knew that being a mouthpiece for Trump’s lies would have consequences?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: April 19, 2023, 10:20:52 AM »
Disappointing but unsurprising.
Not that it'll hurt Fox's ratings.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: April 19, 2023, 03:29:13 PM »
I guess after all the posturing it really was just the money that Dominion cared about after all. What a letdown.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: April 19, 2023, 06:13:22 PM »
I guess after all the posturing it really was just the money that Dominion cared about after all. What a letdown.

Right! I wanted Fox Broadcasting to admit that they are commie sympathizers catering to Putin and the right-wing conspiracy freaks. Not that it would make any difference to the Trumpian subnormals, but Fox should have been forced to admit what they did. They are traitors to this nation.

We still have hope with Smartmatic, they are going for 2.7 billion dollars. I personally would let Fox off for one billion if they would take some actions to accept responsibility for what they've done. Maybe, Tucker Carlson would be expelled from the country or Rupert Murdoch would have to stand on a street corner wearing a sign that says, "I'm a corrupt piece of shit that betrayed the public."

Of course, we can count on Marjorie Taylor Greene to make it all extra stupid. She calls their blatant lies 'criticism.'
https://news.yahoo.com/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-hot-071107653.html

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: April 19, 2023, 06:59:55 PM »

Right! I wanted Fox Broadcasting to admit that they are commie sympathizers catering to Putin and the right-wing conspiracy freaks. Not that it would make any difference to the Trumpian subnormals, but Fox should have been forced to admit what they did. They are traitors to this nation.

We still have hope with Smartmatic, they are going for 2.7 billion dollars. I personally would let Fox off for one billion if they would take some actions to accept responsibility for what they've done. Maybe, Tucker Carlson would be expelled from the country or Rupert Murdoch would have to stand on a street corner wearing a sign that says, "I'm a corrupt piece of shit that betrayed the public."

Of course, we can count on Marjorie Taylor Greene to make it all extra stupid. She calls their blatant lies 'criticism.'
https://news.yahoo.com/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-hot-071107653.html

That's literally all she can say.  That's her best angle and it is weak.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: April 19, 2023, 07:01:52 PM »
MTG really is a special kind of stupid.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #10314 on: April 19, 2023, 07:16:29 PM »
i wonder why fox news didn't answer this lawsuit by simply proving that the election was rigged and their evidence was accurate. i was made to believe that there were veritable mountains of obvious, direct proof that the election was rigged and that anyone who said otherwise is a desperate shill.

wouldn't it have been a good idea for fox to use some of that evidence here? it seems like it would've saved them a lot of money.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: April 19, 2023, 07:21:57 PM »
i wonder why fox news didn't answer this lawsuit by simply proving that the election was rigged and their evidence was accurate. i was made to believe that there were veritable mountains of obvious, direct proof that the election was rigged and that anyone who said otherwise is a desperate shill.

wouldn't it have been a good idea for fox to use some of that evidence here? it seems like it would've saved them a lot of money.

The judge and jury were rigged.  The whole system was rigged.  Biden personally ordered the entire court system to ensure Fox lost and no new evidence were allowed in.
This is a true fact that, if you researched like I did, you'd know.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: April 20, 2023, 06:36:00 AM »

The leaked WhatsApp conversations where Tucker Carlson et al admitted that they knew they were peddling lies probably didn’t help.

The depressing/bewildering thing is none of this will make a dent in the people who avidly lap up all these lies, they will continue to do so.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: April 21, 2023, 01:25:00 AM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: April 21, 2023, 02:21:05 AM »
I don't know what the exact terms of this arbitration panel were or how binding their decision is supposed to be, but assuming that Lindell appeals and this whole thing ends up in court, I really doubt that he'll end up having to pay. There's always an escape hatch in these "Prove that evolution/income tax/flat earth is real and I'll pay you money!" gimmicks. For example, it often turns out to be the case that the claim must be proved to their own satisfaction, and all they have to do is insist that they aren't satisfied to avoid having to pay.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: April 21, 2023, 02:35:18 AM »
I don't know what the exact terms of this arbitration panel were or how binding their decision is supposed to be, but assuming that Lindell appeals and this whole thing ends up in court, I really doubt that he'll end up having to pay. There's always an escape hatch in these "Prove that evolution/income tax/flat earth is real and I'll pay you money!" gimmicks. For example, it often turns out to be the case that the claim must be proved to their own satisfaction, and all they have to do is insist that they aren't satisfied to avoid having to pay.

You're just a Debbie Downer lately, aren't you?  >:(