Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Just a friendly reminder to everyone who saw the eclipse today. Despite that the Sun is 4 million times larger than the Moon, the Sun and Moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse. The official scientific reason for this is that it is a coincidence.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:17:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Just a friendly reminder to everyone who saw the eclipse today. Despite that the sun's diameter is hundreds of times larger than moon and millions of miles distant, the sun and moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse. The official scientific reason for this is that it is a coincidence.

Yes, Tom told the truth! It is a coincidence that the sizes and distances match up as they do. Good thing we don't live in the FE model or else the Sun and Moon would collide and we would be goners for sure!
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who saw the eclipse today. Despite that the sun's diameter is hundreds of times larger than moon and millions of miles distant, the sun and moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse. The official scientific reason for this is that it is a coincidence.

I mean, why do they match up exactly for FE? Isn't it simply coincidence they're the same size? Actually, what is the origin of Earth and everything in the FE hypothesis? I don't recall seeing it before. Do you rely on a powerful being a la religion? Or something else?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
I mean, why do they match up exactly for FE? Isn't it simply coincidence they're the same size? Actually, what is the origin of Earth and everything in the FE hypothesis? I don't recall seeing it before. Do you rely on a powerful being a la religion? Or something else?

Under FE the explanation is that the sun and moon appear to be the same size because they are the same size. The Sun and Moon being the same size may be explained as the result of a physical process which limits the maximum size of a body, similar to how wind can limit the maximum size of a sand dune. Finding two large sand dunes at the same maximum size is no coincidence.

Consider rain drops. When drops are formed, they can only become so small else they are whisked and flitted away into the air and evaporate. They can also only get so large before they break up into multiple drops by air friction. Therefore we have rain drops which can only exist in a narrow size range. The largest of the raindrops are all the same size and the smallest of the rain drops are all the same size.

Examples of forces in nature which compel bodies to be of similar sizes are seen all around us, and while it is unknown exactly what forces the Sun and Moon are under, it is no coincidence that maximums exist in nature.

Under this Round Earth Theory scenerio, however, there is no other way to describe this phenomenon of two radically different bodies appearing as the same size other than it being a coincidence of cosmic proportions.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Is that why my thumb appears to be the same size when held the appropriate distance from my face?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Under FE the explanation is that the sun and moon appear to be the same size because they are the same size. The Sun and Moon being the same size may be explained as the result of a physical process which limits the maximum size of a body, similar to how wind can limit the maximum size of a sand dune. Finding two large sand dunes at the same maximum size is no coincidence.

Consider rain drops. When drops are formed, they can only become so small else they are whisked and flitted away into the air and evaporate. They can also only get so large before they break up into multiple drops by air friction. Therefore we have rain drops which can only exist in a narrow size range. The largest of the raindrops are all the same size and the smallest of the rain drops are all the same size.

Examples of forces in nature which compel bodies to be of similar sizes are seen all around us, and while it is unknown exactly what forces the Sun and Moon are under, it is no coincidence that maximums exist in nature.

Under this Round Earth Theory scenerio, however, there is no other way to describe this phenomenon of two radically different bodies appearing as the same size other than it being a coincidence of cosmic proportions.
While interesting, and nothing I've ever heard before (got any math or examples where there's only a single force acting upon something that creates this requirement? Water can certainly form larger droplets when sheltered from wind resistance for example) how about the actual creation? I mean, if everything else is a sphere, that would dictate the Earth had to be made in a different manner would it not? It can't be obeying the same laws as every other object, so that seems to rule out the Big Bang Theory as how things formed. Is there not one right now? Or do you chalk it up to god/gods?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Just a friendly reminder to everyone who saw the eclipse today. Despite that the Sun is 4 million times larger than the Moon, the Sun and Moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse. The official scientific reason for this is that it is a coincidence.

You are finally getting it.  Good man
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Hmmm

Tom Bishop, i don't ever believe in coincidences! Everything in our reality always seems to have "multi-layered" premises.
On one layer, for example, the sun possibly gets (autonomous) maintenance, on other it could be a flaw in design, and the third could be, that the flaw is very intelligently and smartly used for other purposes of the designer.

It doesn't quite relate to the topic or answers, but the sun and the moon are definitely artificial and are in multitudes, deployed in various regions. I don't know who made or makes them regularly.

Just in case it might be interesting for someone(i hope someone will get insipiration from this for their artwork, book, plot of the game, fanfiction), i'm gonna retranslate a crazy theory hypothesis by ukrainian conspirologist Vyacheslav Kotlyarov about the sun, that more reads like a fantasy story:
There was a single sun on earth, just as in both flat earth and oblate spheroid earth theories( i personally assume and start to believe, right now there are many suns). It was larger than 32 miles in diameter, it was higher than 6000 miles up. And There was and is a bi-dome/shell/mantle/"egg"/"snowball"/"bubble"("in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean") surrounding earth with bigger altitude relative from ground to sky.

But the sun was replaced by, if they actually existed and exist now, malevolent highly-intelligent reptilian-draconian-insectoid hierarchical/hive consciousness alien(4th dimensional entity) bond at the time of beginning of human enslavement/"occupation" 217-317 years ago from now.
And after the enslavement there was a "reboot" of human history. And even today constant history rewrites are continuing via intelligent deep brainwashing from childhood to death (and will/intents) of humans and complete infiltration, for absolute control, in every aspects of human life of aliens(4th dimensional beings), hiding in interactive holographic human cloaks.

Brainwashing and alien infiltration in human life are the only parts, which i'm starting to believe in more and more! :o

The conspirologist Kotlyarov also relied his hypothesis on Korney Ivanovich Chukovsky' "Stolen sun":

"The sun in the sky walked
And for cloud ran,
Looked sainika in the window,
Became saince dark.

And magpies
White-sided
Galloped through the fields,
Cried the crane:
“Woe! Woe! Crocodile
The sun in the sky swallowed!

There was darkness,
Do not go outside the gate:
People on the street got -
Lost and gone.

Cries grey Sparrow:
“Come, honey, hurry!
Us without the sun it's a shame -
In the field of grain is not visible!”

Cry of Bunny
On the lawn:
Lost, the poor, the way,
Them to the house not to walk.

Only cancers eyed
On the earth in the darkness of the climb,
Yes in the ravine behind the mountain
The rabid wolves howl.

Early
Two sheep
Banged on the gate:
Tra-TA-TA, tra-TA-TA!

“Hey you, animals, going out,
Crocodile defeat,
To the greedy Crocodile
The sun in the sky captains!”

But shaggy afraid:
“Where we like to fight!
He and menacing, and toothy,
He told us the sun will not give up!”

And run them to Bear in the den:
“Come here you, Bear to the rescue.
Fully paw you, bum, suck,
Should the sun go fetch!”

But the Bears don't want to fight:
When he goes he goes, Bear, round swamp
He is crying, the Bear, and roars,
The cubs he calls from the swamp:

“Oh, where are you, mastopatie disappeared?
Who are you me old, threw?”

And in the swamp bear prowling around,
Cubs under the driftwood is looking for:
“Where are you, where are you gone?
Or in the ditch fell?
Or a stray dog
You broke the darkness?”

And all day she wanders through the forest,
But nowhere bears no finds.
Only black owls from the thicket
On her eyes teramat.

Then the angel went
And the Bear said:
“It's a shame the old blub -
You're not a hare and a Bear.
You podi, clumsy,
Crocodile escarpa,
Tear him to pieces,
Pluck the sun out of his mouth
And when it again
Will be in the sky to Shine
Kids your furry,
The cubs mastopatie,
Themselves to home resort:
“Hello, grandpa, here we are!”

And stood
Bear,
Growled
Bear,
And to the Great River
Ran
Bear.

And in the Big River
Crocodile
Lies,
And his teeth
No fire is lit -
Red sun,
The sun is stolen.

Came the Bear quietly,
He alkanol it lightly:
“I tell thee, villain,
Spit out the sun soon!
Not that he'll get it -
Half break, -
Are you ignorant, know
Our sun to steal!
Lost the whole world,
And him and grief no!”

But shameless laughs
So that the tree shakes:
“If you want,
And the moon I'll swallow it!”

Not stand,
Bear,
Roared
Bear,
And evil enemy
Bumped
Bear.

He rumpled his
And broke it:
“Give here
Our sun!”

Scared Crocodile,
Screamed, cried,
And out of his mouth
From toothy
The sun fell,
The sky was rolled out!

Ran through the bushes,
On birch leaves.

Hello, the sun was Golden!
Hello, the sky is blue!

Steel birds Twitter,
For insects to fly.
Became the Bunny
On the lawn
Tumbling and jumping.

And look: the cubs,
How funny kittens,
Straight to grandpa hairy,
Mastopatie, run:
"Hello, grandpa, here we are!"

Happy bunnies and squirrels,
Happy boys and girls
Hug and kiss clumsy:
"Well, thank you, grandpa, for the sun!"

The translation is almost unreadable without thorough efforts. >:(

Kotlyarov have stated that the Crocodile in the tale is a metaphore to reptilian/draconian beings on highly-technological (space)ships and the Bear is a metaphore to, not actually Russia at all, but ancient slavic people. So in that sense Vyacheslav is dogmatic, but he denies to devote himself to nationalism and patriotism, as he believes it's part of brainwashing in every country. All of the animals excluding Crocodile are metaphors to humans, and/or benevolent extraterrestrial/alien beings.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:54:26 PM by Hmmm »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Tom Bishop, i don't ever believe in coincidences! Everything in our reality always seems to have "multi-layered" premises.
On one layer, for example, the sun possibly gets (autonomous) maintenance, on other it could be a flaw in design, and the third could be, that the flaw is very intelligently and smartly used for other purposes of the designer.

It doesn't quite relate to the topic or answers, but the sun and the moon are definitely artificial and are in multitudes, deployed in various regions. I don't know who made, or makes them regularly.

Just in case it might be interesting for someone(i hope someone will get insipiration from this for their artwork), i'm gonna retranslate a crazy theory hypothesis by ukrainian conspirologist Vyacheslav Kotlyarov about the sun, that more reads like a fantasy story:
There was a single sun on earth, just as in both flat earth and oblate spheroid earth theories( i personally assume and start to believe, right now there are many suns). It was larger than 32 miles in diameter, it was higher than 6000 miles up. And There was and is a bi-dome/shell/mantle/"egg"/"snowball"/"bubble" surrounding earth with bigger altitude relative to ground.
But the sun was replaced by, if they actually existed and exist now, reptilian-draconian-insectoid hierarchical/hive consciousness alien(4th dimensional entities) bond at the time of beginning of human enslavement/"occupation" 200-300 years ago. And after the enslavement there was a "reboot" of human history. And even today constant history rewrites are happening via intelligent deep brainwashing from childhood to death of humans and complete infiltration in every aspects of human life of aliens(4th dimensional beings), hiding in interactive holographic human cloaks.

Brainwashing and aliens are the only parts, which i'm starting to believe in myself.

This wouldn't be nearly as interesting if there was actual evidence for any of this. (don't bother linking the half-baked videos you've already posted)
-Terry50

Hmmm

This wouldn't be nearly as interesting if there was actual evidence for any of this. (don't bother linking the half-baked videos you've already posted)
It depends on a person. Some, religious or not, people( like me) will be amazed by this hypothesis and " half-baked" videos, and will start to question whether it's real or not. So as i wrote it before, i'm beginning to believe it's more to the truth than ever, but i'm still tiny bit, unnoticeably skeptical. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:18:28 PM by Hmmm »

Re: Reminder: The Moon Covers the Sun in Total Eclipse Because 'Coincidence'
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »
It depends on a person. Some, religious or not, people( like me) will be amazed by this hypothesis and " half-baked" videos, and will start to question whether it's real or not. So as i wrote it before, i'm beginning to believe it's more to the truth than ever, but i'm still tiny bit, unnoticeably, skeptical.
There's probably a better thread to put this in, but I would think you would appreciate this some Hmmm. http://i.imgur.com/VHcCgPe.mp4

Also, it seems rather difficult to be 'unnoticeably skeptical' as that would imply your skepticism isn't enough to be noticeable no? My problem with your videos is they tend to have at least one gaping hole in them, or obviously wrong piece of information, that leaves me skeptical they could even be close to the mark with anything else.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
It depends on a person. Some, religious or not, people( like me) will be amazed by this hypothesis and " half-baked" videos, and will start to question whether it's real or not. So as i wrote it before, i'm beginning to believe it's more to the truth than ever, but i'm still tiny bit, unnoticeably, skeptical.

The video you posted of the sun supposedly rising from a body of water was so off the mark. Fake Suns? Why? How? Any evidence? Lizard people?? Again, any evidence? .enomai
-Terry50

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 08:13:43 PM »
If the sun is the same size as the moon, where does it get all it's energy from?
Why hasn't it already burned up all it's fuel?
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 09:20:37 PM »
... the Sun and Moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse. The official scientific reason for this is that it is a coincidence.

Coincidence is an interesting way of putting it.  Probability is the word I would choose.  Look at this...
Quote from: David Doran
At present, the Moon gets 3.8 cm further away from Earth every year, and it was much closer to Earth in prehistoric times.
https://www.spaceanswers.com/solar-system/will-the-moon-ever-leave-earths-orbit/

For millions of years the moon has appeared to be larger than the sun and for millions of years into the future the moon will appear to be smaller than the sun.  At some point in the cosmic time line it must appear the same size.  That is not coincidence; that's probability.

The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
... the Sun and Moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse. The official scientific reason for this is that it is a coincidence.

Coincidence is an interesting way of putting it.  Probability is the word I would choose.  Look at this...
At present, the Moon gets 3.8 cm further away from Earth every year, and it was much closer to Earth in prehistoric times.
https://www.spaceanswers.com/solar-system/will-the-moon-ever-leave-earths-orbit/

For millions of years the moon has appeared to be larger than the sun and for millions of years into the future the moon will appear to be smaller than the sun.  At some point in the cosmic time line it must appear the same size.  That is not coincidence; that's probability.
Measurements disagree.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 09:58:12 PM »

Measurements disagree.

What measurements? Helzer was 100% right on. The moon is moving away from the Earth and will continue to do so. (at a slow pace) That is why it used to look larger and will eventually look smaller.
-Terry50

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:12 PM »
Here is a wikipedia quote on the same subject...
While gravitation causes acceleration and movement of the Earth's fluid oceans, gravitational coupling between the Moon and Earth's solid body is mostly elastic and plastic. The result is a further tidal effect of the Moon on the Earth that causes a bulge of the solid portion of the Earth nearest the Moon that acts as a torque in opposition to the Earth's rotation. This "drains" angular momentum and rotational kinetic energy from Earth's spin, slowing the Earth's rotation. That angular momentum, lost from the Earth, is transferred to the Moon in a process (confusingly known as tidal acceleration), which lifts the Moon into a higher orbit and results in its lower orbital speed about the Earth. Thus the distance between Earth and Moon is increasing, and the Earth's spin is slowing in reaction. Measurements from laser reflectors left during the Apollo missions (lunar ranging experiments) have found that the Moon's distance increases by 38 mm (1.5 in) per year (roughly the rate at which human fingernails grow). Atomic clocks also show that Earth's day lengthens by about 15 microseconds every year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon#Tidal_effects

Did you notice that the Moon moves away from Earth the same amount that human fingernails grow? What a coincidence!!!

Not really.  As the distance between the Moon and the Earth increases, the effect of tidal acceleration decreases so in millions of years the Moon's yearly increase in distance will be less then a human finger nail grows.  Dang it!  Probability again.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:51:18 AM by JHelzer »

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 02:11:13 AM »
the Sun and Moon appear to be the same size from earth and fit perfectly into each other during the Solar Eclipse.
Except when it's an annular solar eclipse. 

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 05:58:00 AM »
Except when it's an annular solar eclipse.

Excellent point. 

How can the annular solar eclipse be explained by a FE model where the Sun and Moon are the same size?

Hmmm

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56:55 AM »
What if the solar eclipse is a part of a sun hologram, and the sun is definitely an interactive hologram!