Mind = Blown
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:38:36 AM »
I don't even know where to begin. I have been researching the flat earth topic for weeks now. This isn't just something that if you watch long enough you will believe it, but rather, when you see the evidence and all the experiments that people do, there is nothing left to do but believe. This is totally blowing my mind. I am starting to truly believe that we live on a flat earth. When I think of it, there are so many things that make so much more sense.

I am truly baffled by this. The lies, the misdirection, the falsehood that we are taught. Billions of dollars that could have been used to help those in need and so on and so forth. It could make a person angry or go mad. It is crazy and sometimes hard to believe.

Then I see the evidence and not just made up evidence or theories but people that have gone out and experimented. Then I become more aware of my surroundings and see the horizon and boom . . . Where is the curve? It should be there, but it isn't. Then I notice the sun more. Incredible.

We live on a flat earth. Wow.

Offline Oami

• View Profile
Re: Mind = Blown
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:21:10 AM »
I haven't seen any evidence for a flat earth that cannot be shortly explained away with grade school level physics.

Then again, there is a lot of evidence against a flat earth, a great deal of which being discussed on this forum.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »
Hi Librium.

Welcome to the forum, 

I also believe that the earth is flat.

You will find other like minded FEers on this forum who are true believers.
There are also plenty of REers on here who will try to talk you out of it.

Anyway, good luck.  :)

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
Hi Librium.

Welcome to the forum, 

I believe the earth is globe-shaped.

Any chance I could talk you out of believing in a FE?

Anyway, good luck.  :)
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
Any chance I could talk you out of believing in a FE?

See how nice the Roundys are, Boots is actually asking first.

This forum is also well moderated, so discussions stay on topic.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 01:22:54 AM »
I'm brand new too, but have been reading for a while.  I am fascinated by the whole Flat Earth idea even though I can't make any of it work out for me in real life.  I am definitely in the round-earth camp, but have found this forum to be a ton of fun.  I'm here to share my genuine observations with a goal to keep it respectful and polite.  Good-day to you all.
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:37:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes. Everyone is more than welcome to share their viewpoints, whether flat earth or round earth. I just wish I had billions of dollars so I could build my own ship, go to space and find out the absolute truth myself. Not a lot of people in the world have the money for that and those that do are more interested in making more money than anything else. Just my opinion anyways. Thanks again. I look forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with everyone.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »
I'm sorry but you definitely hadnt invested enough in studying your surroundings. The easiest way to see curvature is too look up on the moon during lunar eclipse. The shape of earth casted on moon is always round. Lunar eclipses occur 2-5 times a year so this is easily verifiable. There is only one 3d shape that cast round shadow in all angles. Right, it is sphere.

If you need even more proofs of
Spherical earth that are not related to images provided by NASA, write here. It should be obvious to anybody that the Earth is spherical. Without relying on images from NASA.
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:46:23 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes. Everyone is more than welcome to share their viewpoints, whether flat earth or round earth. I just wish I had billions of dollars so I could build my own ship, go to space and find out the absolute truth myself. Not a lot of people in the world have the money for that and those that do are more interested in making more money than anything else. Just my opinion anyways. Thanks again. I look forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with everyone.

You don't need to build a ship for billions of dollars.  Save up $150 and go buy a telescope.

An important thing to remember: Opinions are not facts and mean absolutely nothing when not based on facts.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 04:39:08 AM »
OMG I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! a whole new world has emerged!!! Keep jesus in your hearts yall!! xxxx

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 08:40:20 AM »
Librium, what is your education? What "facts" exactly turned you into a flat earther? Can you be more specific?
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Hmmm

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »
Librium, you haven't seen the Honeycomb Earth theory yet by Vyacheslav Kotlyarov. Then your mind will be blown several times! It doesn't have enough evidence though.
The same man proposed/supports a hypothesis about Australia being Antarctica's peninsula, China and USA, Russian Syberia and Canada being on the same continent, and many more crazy things!

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »
This isn't just something that if you watch long enough you will believe it.

There's zero reasons it can't be exactly that, and plenty of evidence that it probably is!

Examples:
There's many lessons to learn in these videos, and toolkits you can learn.

In short, the human condition can be summed up as: we see what we believe. All of us. Every single one of us. The avoid seeing things that aren't true, we have to be much, MUCH more rigorous about what and how we believe. And if you don't think that applies to you, then it's already too late! :o

What is the #1 fact that convinces you that the Earth is flat? I'm sure you have a long list, but maybe I can offer thoughts on your top one? (A big problem I see on this board is that both sides throw the kitchen sink at each other in an adversarial way. Rather than taking things one at a time in an honest attempt to ferret out the most accurate model of reality that we could understand.)