Offline Toolazytomakeausername

• Most likely a human
    • View Profile
Satellites
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:44:30 PM »
Here's my theory on satellites:
I think that they are above us, BUT they orbit around the top of FE like the sun and moon.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it and feel free to say your opinion on satellites
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
Re: Satellites
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
I think that they are above us, BUT they orbit around the top of FE like the sun and moon.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it and feel free to say your opinion on satellites

There doesn't need to be a theory on satellites.  We already know what they are and how they orbit the GLOBE.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:05:46 PM »

How would that explain satellites in a polar orbit?  Please explain.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 08:57:11 PM »

How would that explain satellites in a polar orbit?  Please explain.

To clarify:  Some satellites orbit east/west (an "equatorial orbit") - but others orbit north/south (a "polar orbit").  In RET, this is just a matter of how their circular/elliptical orbit is aligned around the globe.

In FET, the equatorial satellites would move in large elliptical orbits centered on the north pole - indeed, similarly to the FET sun and moon - so I suppose that's OK-ish.

But the polar orbital satellites would have to (say) move from their launchpad in the USA, travel North over the pole, across the pacific - then continue in (essentially) a straight line until they arrive over "The Great Ice Cliff"...and...um...well, instantaneously teleport over to the opposite side of the Flat Earth's disk and start heading up over South America to arrive back over their launch pad.

The "teleportation" over what we RE'ers would call "The South Pole" is problematic for those FE'ers who are OK with there being satellites.   But lots of FE'ers deny that NASA and the other space agencies are really launching satellites at all...so that's the "easy out" for those people.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 12:52:04 PM »
Unbelievable how many proofs for existing of sattelites including such obvious just to the liking of FE-ers: you see them with your own eyes. Via telescope you see them with solar panels and it is obvious that those are satellites. Iridium flares, ISS, gps, parabollic antennas directed at geostationary satellites. Geostationary satellites themselves visible through telescope. But FE-er will deny all these because of their religion. Simply unexplainable.
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 04:53:05 PM »
  • I have tracked the ISS on http://www.heavens-above.com/ and gone out in my back yard to watch it orbit over head.  (A bright dot moving across the entire sky)
  • I have watched the Space Shuttle launch on TV and then gone out at night and seen the ISS and Shuttle move across the sky.  (Two bright dots)
  • I have been to Edward's Air-force base and watched the Space Shuttle land with my own two eyes.[\li]
By the way the Shuttle landing was amazing.  Vapor clouds; sonic booms;  the Shuttle falls like a brick until if lifts its nose at the last second.  That thing can't fly, it was definitely in space for the week previous to landing.  This stuff isn't faked, I was there and saw it come in.

Now we have SpaceX delivering payloads to orbit and returning the first stage rocket 9 minutes after launch.  All with people watching with telescopes and live video.  Again, not faked.

Flat Earth Theory must adjust for the commercial space program being real.  It is too obvious that satellites are functional.  And as commercial spacecraft start seeing the same things out there that NASA saw, it also becomes apparent that the NASA space program wasn't faked either.

The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »
The most important point you miss is the conspiracy! If those are satellites and they are above and they take pictures of the earth then what all NASA pictures are real? You are not a genuine flat earther!
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »
Flat Earth Theory must adjust for the commercial space program being real.

Its real in the sense that NASA are sending things up and those things are circling the earth.

But just like 911, I do not believe the NASA narrative, too many faked vids and pictures.
It just reeks of conspiracy, even to non flat earthers, at least we have an answer for it.
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »

This image shows a problem with the theory that satellites move around like the sun and moon [and stars].  In this long exposure photo, you can see the stars "moving" all together, all the same speed, the man-made satellite moves much faster and at a different angle from the rest of the universe.

Here is an image showing that the moon also appears to move in line with the stars.

The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 10:14:32 PM »
I do not believe the NASA narrative, too many faked vids and pictures.

I've started a new topic to discuss the fake pics and vids.

Offline Pineal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 06:05:28 AM »

Its real in the sense that NASA are sending things up and those things are circling the earth.

But just like 911, I do not believe the NASA narrative, too many faked vids and pictures.
It just reeks of conspiracy, even to non flat earthers, at least we have an answer for it.

Do you have any specific examples of faked NASA videos? I am fascinated with conspiracy theories, and NASA is one of my favorite subjects.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:28:11 PM »
It makes you wonder why Dennis Tito, Mark Shuttleworth, Gregory Olsen, Anousheh Ansari, Charles Simonyi, Richard Garriott and Guy Laliberte didn't demand their money back!

Each one of these private individuals paid between $20 and $40 million dollars for a 7 to 10 day trip to the ISS.   One presumes that if the ISS doesn't exist, they'd have been pretty pissed at the Russians for taking their money.    Instead, they all seemed very happy about their visit there.

In 1990, TBS (a Japanese TV station) paid $28 million to send one of their reporters to Mir.   Toyohiro Akiyama was a 20 year veteran reporter at the time, with a reputation for honest reporting.  He was later promoted to deputy director of TBS.   He never mentioned a thing about the whole affair being a fake.  Which is odd because he'd have had nothing to lose and everything to gain by telling the truth.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:29 PM »

Please provide any fake image from NASA. Link to the image hosted on NASA website. Please no Youtube videos and shitty pictures from flattards.
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 12:41:22 AM »

If you don't want to believe NASA, or the numerous other space agencies out there, that is fine.  But why do you refuse to just grab a telescope and go look outside and see this all for yourself?  This is the biggest problem with the FES...not one of you wants to put a single shred of effort into helping prove your position, or disprove the opposing position.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »
Because they fear to see the truth. This will ruin all their beliefs. At the end, FET is a religion. There is nothing scientific about it.
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.