Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Cazazza Dan
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2015, 12:39:59 PM »
Brand new album Bit Player is here, and it's a doozy! Or is it?! Listen and find out!

mp3

FLAC

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »
Immediately after work on Bit Player was completed, I started to mess around with it with a view to creating a companion piece, which is this thing here.

mp3

FLAC

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2015, 05:34:51 PM »
Brand new album Bit Player is here, and it's a doozy! Or is it?!
My feng shui has been messed with. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »
Brand new album Bit Player is here, and it's a doozy! Or is it?!
My feng shui has been messed with. I hope you're proud of yourself.
I certainly am. Thank you for allowing the aforementioned messing to occur.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »
I now have around a quarter of my output on bandcamp, as opposed to the nothing that has been on there for the past few years.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2015, 09:54:06 PM »
yaaayy
The Mastery.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 06:49:10 AM »
Cazazza Dan makes generic pop music for money and fame. He is terrible. Just terrible.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »
And speaking of generic pop music... Holy shitballs, The Hole has arrived! 41 minutes of wacky sex music shamelessly stolen from a Barbados rum commercial slowed down to the point of being unrecognisable with a bit of the old shellac crackle pop serial operations thrown in for a waddlin' good time. Get it now, or don't, you can't always get it later, but get it, and be glad you didn't.

Whig spiggin' spopper spoops juioiuioiuioiuaoiueoiaueoaiueust done get enough, ugh ugh, WAUUUUGH!

mp3

FLAC

Munch munch munch yr lunch lunch lunch.

here abound streams
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:52:59 AM by Crudblud »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2015, 04:44:59 PM »
Based on Very Subtle's (last name unknown) very subtle suggestion, I thought I'd write a review on The Hole, despite my complete lack of proficiency in writing reviews for music.

In this album, Cazazza Dan makes a departure from his usual zany boops and wacky melodies to create something evoking the two tenets of Boring and Repetitive, which to me makes for a pleasant surprise, as I have been repeatedly told by certain individuals that I like those two things very much. It's markedly industrial in style; the dark and moody ambience from what sounds like banging of kitchen tools together and slowed down to extremes provides a great backdrop to a harrowing and surreal experience. Some of Cazazza Dan's usual instrumentation can be heard at times, although much more subdued and subtle, merely contributing to the sea of noise but not overshadowing it.

The Hole seems to be a concept album in structure, as the story of the hole itself is told through a great reading provided by Foxbox in the second track, Monodrama. After that, the narrative becomes more implicit, as the narration is distorted to the point of no recognition, to illustrate the descent into the hole and the surreal environment that it is. The distorted voices become more prominent and sound more agitated as time goes on, and you can hear in it the madness that the hole evokes.

The combination of ambience, harsh tones, musique concrète noises and distorted voices mixed with actual narration is very reminiscent to industrial music in general, but to me it reminded me the most of Swans' Soundtracks for the Blind, an album that to my knowledge Crudblud hasn't even listened to yet; what a gay.

It should go without saying at this point that if you like industrial or dark ambient music, you will most likely enjoy this album quite a lot, as I did. It is a fine piece of production that successfully creates an atmosphere it strives for, without ever seeming too predictable or unoriginal.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
Based on Very Subtle's (last name unknown) very subtle suggestion, I thought I'd write a review on The Hole, despite my complete lack of proficiency in writing reviews for music.

In this album, Cazazza Dan makes a departure from his usual zany boops and wacky melodies to create something evoking the two tenets of Boring and Repetitive, which to me makes for a pleasant surprise, as I have been repeatedly told by certain individuals that I like those two things very much. It's markedly industrial in style; the dark and moody ambience from what sounds like banging of kitchen tools together and slowed down to extremes provides a great backdrop to a harrowing and surreal experience. Some of Cazazza Dan's usual instrumentation can be heard at times, although much more subdued and subtle, merely contributing to the sea of noise but not overshadowing it.

This is correct in a sense. The beginning and end are built out of piano and violin tracks from a piece I wrote last year, in that sense it retains a material connection to my other work, but its treatment here is totally transformative, and very little recognisable instrument sounds are featured. The rest is almost entirely made from Foxbox's voice, whether from entire recordings or phrases or even single phonemes, using a wide array of manipulative techniques combining sample stretching and compression, pitch bending, filters, delays, signal amplification, distortion, noise removal. Almost all the work is created through combining these things in different configurations, though of course occasionally a simple application using a single tool did the job just fine. The background is actually street noise from outside my house, but the dry signal is completely removed and replaced with 200% wet signal reverb with a 6000ms tail and heavy diffusion, which makes the majority of the noise fluidly integrated while maintaining the individuality of its components to a degree, creating a spacious environment for the actually constructed elements of the piece to exist in.

The Hole seems to be a concept album in structure, as the story of the hole itself is told through a great reading provided by Foxbox in the second track, Monodrama. After that, the narrative becomes more implicit, as the narration is distorted to the point of no recognition, to illustrate the descent into the hole and the surreal environment that it is. The distorted voices become more prominent and sound more agitated as time goes on, and you can hear in it the madness that the hole evokes.

The combination of ambience, harsh tones, musique concrète noises and distorted voices mixed with actual narration is very reminiscent to industrial music in general, but to me it reminded me the most of Swans' Soundtracks for the Blind, an album that to my knowledge Crudblud hasn't even listened to yet; what a gay.

It should go without saying at this point that if you like industrial or dark ambient music, you will most likely enjoy this album quite a lot, as I did. It is a fine piece of production that successfully creates an atmosphere it strives for, without ever seeming too predictable or unoriginal.

The narrative elements of the piece, although the most obvious, are more means to a musical end, since it is the musical elements of speech that drive it for the bulk of its duration. I was very interested in getting inside the phonemes, drawing them out and exposing their melodic and timbral qualities, and things hidden inside them which could only be revealed through stripping them down to bare components, and to work with these components in a number of ways. This idea, which is the conceptual basis for tracks 3-6, was mainly inspired by Robert Ashley's Automatic Writing, which takes the editing of sentences down to basic phonemes, or rather the removal of meaning through this editing, as its focal point. In this way, I suppose, both The Hole and Automatic Writing comment on what is musical and what is extramusical. Words are extramusical, but their phonetic components as spoken are musical, the result of sentence deconstruction as practised in both pieces is perhaps a blurring of the line between the two.

Also thanks for listening, I'm glad you liked it! And yes, I will stop being gay and listen to Soundtracks for the Blind soon.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »

And yes, I will stop being gay and listen to Soundtracks for the Blind soon.

I wouldn't recommend this unless you're looking to be in severe pain.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
The Hole is good, but too long. Listen to it anyway.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2015, 11:26:25 AM »
And yes, I will stop being gay and listen to Soundtracks for the Blind soon.

I wouldn't recommend this unless you're looking to be in severe pain.
I will wear ear condoms.

Would you care to elaborate on this criticism?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2015, 11:52:41 AM »
Would you care to elaborate on this criticism?

I just found that there was too much of the same. At some point during "Deconstruction", my attention started to waver, and as a result I have a much clearer recollection of the first half of the album than the second.

It's also not the sort of music I would normally listen to, so I wouldn't take my criticism as a particularly well-seasoned commentary.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2015, 03:21:03 PM »
Look out, surfers, here come the hodads! Yes indeed, the Cazazze returns with Problem Zero, eighteen solid minutes of hot surfin' tunes for you to stand around on a beach to, featuring soprano sax, harpsichord, psaltery, kkwaengwari, janggu, and buk in eight exquisite musical manoeuvres.

mp3

FLAC

And streamy things here (the vastly preferable streaming option) and here (the not so hot streaming option).

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2015, 03:55:02 PM »

Look out, surfers, here come the hodads! Yes indeed, the Cazazze returns with Problem Zero, eighteen solid minutes of hot surfin' tunes for you to stand around on a beach to, featuring soprano sax, harpsichord, psaltery, kkwaengwari, janggu, and buk in eight exquisite musical manoeuvres.

mp3

FLAC

And streamy things here (the vastly preferable streaming option) and here (the not so hot streaming option).

I will listen to this the next time I eat at Hodad's.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »

mp3

FLAC

I will listen to this the next time I eat at Hodad's.

There will be zero problems should you choose to do so.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »
Resurrected!

No new new music yet, I'm too busy with my work as a writer/composer for a game project to compose much new stuff right now. But here's my arrangement of the first scherzo from Mahler's 10th symphony. I haven't bothered to set up my FTP client yet, so there are no regular downloads, but I've uploaded it to two different streaming sites.

bandcamp

soundcloud

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2016, 12:34:01 AM »
Why is this so good?
The Mastery.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2016, 12:12:31 AM »
Thanks beardo!

Also, super news: a selection of my music is now available on YouTube!