Thork

NASA making a right mess of things
« on: July 27, 2015, 04:04:44 PM »
The flat earth community has pointed out for some time there was only ever one picture of earth (published in 1972 during the Apollo missions), and it was photoshopped.

After much public pressure, NASA released a second picture in May of this year. 2 pictures in 43 years!

However it was pointed out to me today that the photoshopping dept in NASA is somewhat bored and fed up with painting clouds on composite earths.

If you turn the second image (2015 one) upside down, and look at the right hand side, you can clearly see someone has written 'SEX' in the clouds.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:10:00 PM by Dr David Thork »

Saddam Hussein

Re: NASA making a right mess of things
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
An excellent find.  No doubt the prankster thought that no one would notice.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:46:28 AM »
Yep,  having to do two pictures every 43 years will do that to you.  Bound to get tired of doing the same thing over and over.  ;D

Do you know that there are several  geostationary weather satellites  taking real time pictures of the whole globe every 3 hours, and you can download the images?   

Maybe you don't?

Here's a link to the Japanese meterological services Himawari8 satellite.    Launched last year on a Japanese Space Agency H-11A rocket,  from the Yoshinobu Launch Complex, no NASA here.
http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/jma-eng/satellite/news/himawari89/20141218_himawari8_first_images.html

I can't wait till the  Japanese Manga artists get to work on the production versions. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:17:29 AM by Rayzor »

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:29 AM »
Yep,  having to do two pictures every 43 years will do that to you.  Bound to get tired of doing the same thing over and over.  ;D

Do you know that there are several  geostationary weather satellites  taking real time pictures of the whole globe every 3 hours, and you can download the images?   

Maybe you don't?

Here's a link to the Japanese meterological services Himawari8 satellite.    Launched last year on a Japanese Space Agency H-11A rocket,  from the Yoshinobu Launch Complex, no NASA here.
http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/jma-eng/satellite/news/himawari89/20141218_himawari8_first_images.html

I can't wait till the  Japanese Manga artists get to work on the production versions. 

You do realize those are composites, right?  In other words, they take hundreds of small pictures and stich them all together into whatever shape suits them.  They could have stiched them into the shape of a cube, but you are already programmed to recognize a sphere as a planet, so sphere it is. 

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »

Maybe you don't?

You do realize those are composites, right?  In other words, they take hundreds of small pictures and stich them all together into whatever shape suits them.  They could have stiched them into the shape of a cube, but you are already programmed to recognize a sphere as a planet, so sphere it is.

You may well be right,  but,  I didn't think that was what they did with the geostationary satellites,  I'm aware that is how they do the lower orbit satellites.   These are images taken at particular wavelengths,  for detecting water vapour etc.    I do know that they take full disk images every 10 minutes.   But I think you have to pay for that sort of update service.

A little further research would indicate it takes full disk images every 10 minutes in 16 wavelengths.   So 144 full disk full colour images per day.   And the Evil NASA satanists are nowhere to be seen..  ;D
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html?_r=2

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:15:17 PM by Rayzor »

Offline sakura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
Can you provide the source of this picture?

There is no reason to believe that the photoshopping was not done by you.

The Reverse Image Search engine tineye.com aslo provides no results for either the image provided by you or
for the horizontally flipped version of that image.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:18 PM »
I also can't find a source for this photo.  Nevermind, I found the source.  Google image was of no help, though.  https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/nasa-captures-epic-earth-image

I did, however, discover that Thork is naildownx.

https://www.reddit.com/user/naildownx/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:59:58 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Thork

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 12:03:59 AM »
I've never used Reddit. As I said in the OP, I was informed by other flat earthers from around the plain about this only this week. They commented on our twitter feed.