Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity picture scandal
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »
Thork is gonna get Ginger Seconds.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2014, 12:04:55 AM »
Don't bad mouth me and my woman! >o<

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:06 AM »
Help. I've been thorked and I can't get up.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2014, 12:20:23 AM »
Face it, she snogged Rupert Grint first.  You'll have to kiss a woman who kissed a ginger.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2014, 12:21:55 AM »

It's like somebody shouting "Look! I'm being offensive!" without doing anything else, and people shouting back "Yes, it's working! We're offended! Offend us harder!". It's silly. It's basically just consciously allowing yourself to be trolled.

Why? I don't know what's so crazy or self-manipulative about me expressing what I think about these kinds of people. It's not like I'm slaving over this, weeping and streaming tears from my eyes as I sullenly attempt to pull myself together amidst the newfound sorrow that's burrowed deep into my soul. I just think the kinds of people that would do this shit are horrible fuckwads and wanted to say so.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Thork

« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2014, 12:25:07 AM »
Face it, she snogged Rupert Grint first.  You'll have to kiss a woman who kissed a ginger.
She's an actress. She does stuff like that so me and her can retire into a life of luxury in the near future. She kisses that beast, but she thinks of me (well a guy exactly like me. she hasn't met me yet, but when she does she will be astounded how close I am to the man in her dreams). So don't bad mouth my woman! >o<

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »
She's an actress. She does stuff like that so me and her can retire into a life of luxury in the near future. She kisses that beast, but she thinks of me (well a guy exactly like me. she hasn't met me yet, but when she does she will be astounded how close I am to the man in her dreams). So don't bad mouth my woman! >o<
But I wasn't badmouthing her.  I was simply saying how unfortunate you are if you wish to pursue her.

Thork

« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2014, 12:33:40 AM »
But I wasn't badmouthing her.  I was simply saying how unfortunate you are if you wish to pursue her.
Pursue her? Don't be absurd. I won't be able to stop her dry humping my leg. I just need to say hi and hide my new braces from her.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:39 AM »
Don't you think it's kind of silly to be offended by something created expressly to offend you?

I didn't say offended, I said grossed out. And no, it isn't silly, because what it offends in my is my hope for humanity.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »
Pursue her? Don't be absurd. I won't be able to stop her dry humping my leg. I just need to say hi and hide my new braces from her.
Then head to a Harry Potter convention and be done with it.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2014, 03:37:12 AM »

It's like somebody shouting "Look! I'm being offensive!" without doing anything else, and people shouting back "Yes, it's working! We're offended! Offend us harder!". It's silly. It's basically just consciously allowing yourself to be trolled.

Why? I don't know what's so crazy or self-manipulative about me expressing what I think about these kinds of people. It's not like I'm slaving over this, weeping and streaming tears from my eyes as I sullenly attempt to pull myself together amidst the newfound sorrow that's burrowed deep into my soul. I just think the kinds of people that would do this shit are horrible fuckwads and wanted to say so.

Don't you think it's kind of silly to be offended by something created expressly to offend you?

I didn't say offended, I said grossed out. And no, it isn't silly, because what it offends in my is my hope for humanity.

Fair enough. We simply have different ideas regarding what it means to be offensive (or grossed out), obviously. I tend not to be offended by words alone, especially if it seems like they're chosen specifically to elicit a negative reaction from as many people as possible, which is what I believe is happening here.

Even if there are nude photos of Emma Watson and they are leaked, I still wouldn't personally be offended. I would recognize the gross violation of personal privacy and that the immorality of the perpetrators, but I wouldn't have any emotional reaction. The same thing happens to people everyday. Most of them just aren't as famous.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:26 PM »
And no one was surprised.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »
So...it's a hoax of a hoax?

Ghost of V

« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2014, 08:51:35 PM »
I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »
They were trying to stir up outrage to get 4chan shut down.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Ghost of V

« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »

and shut down 4chan.

This is what I'm confused about. How?

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2014, 01:04:49 AM »

and shut down 4chan.

This is what I'm confused about. How?
Probably the same way that they shut down Pirate Bay.  Oh, wait...

Ghost of V

« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2014, 01:06:33 AM »
If internet hate machine didn't get 4chan shut down, nothing will.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:29 AM »
The "shut down 4chan" agenda is actually also a hoax. This was a classic double hoax.