Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #2020 on: July 07, 2015, 06:27:37 PM »
That is just a stupid response. If I tell you there is a boat in the harbour, when in fact there is no boat there, that means that it does not exist. I am not going to get into this. You are an illogical individual, although we knew that already.

Tom

« Reply #2021 on: July 07, 2015, 06:32:24 PM »
That is just a stupid response. If I tell you there is a boat in the harbour, when in fact there is no boat there, that means that it does not exist. I am not going to get into this. You are an illogical individual, although we knew that already.

You cannot win your stupid mind game!

Good luck with your belief in a Phantom War God!

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #2022 on: July 07, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
Ah, whatever.

Rama Set

« Reply #2023 on: July 07, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »

It's just one of many valid counter arguments such as:

A. This, in fact is not true, since one can engage in an infinite progression of superlatives. An infinity cannot exist in reality therefore your premise is false.

B. In order for this premise to hold it must be true in every possible case. There are cases where non-existence is superior such as ending a life well-lived before succumbing to a painful degenerative disease. This premise fails.

C. The premises do not hold true therefore God does not exist.

Why do you think a syllogism must necessarily be a part of reality?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #2024 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:26 PM »

It's just one of many valid counter arguments such as:

A. This, in fact is not true, since one can engage in an infinite progression of superlatives. An infinity cannot exist in reality therefore your premise is false.

B. In order for this premise to hold it must be true in every possible case. There are cases where non-existence is superior such as ending a life well-lived before succumbing to a painful degenerative disease. This premise fails.

C. The premises do not hold true therefore God does not exist.

Why do you think a syllogism must necessarily be a part of reality?

My wife needs to computer. TTYL.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: July 07, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
In the Heaven thread, someone actually suggested this. If anyone has any questions about Jews & Judaism, I'll try to answer. I'm neither the most brilliant nor the most foolish Jew in the world. I like to think I'm reasonably well informed. If I can't answer your question, I'll tell you that too. So, fire ahead. If nobody does, that won't offend me either. This is just an offer.

Do American Jews mostly vote Republican or Democrat and what are you thoughts on that?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #2026 on: July 07, 2015, 08:08:48 PM »
American Jews, very sadly, mostly vote Democratic. The reason for this is that traditionally, the Democrats have always had a stronger focus on social justice than the Republicans, and Jews, for obvious reasons, are very concerned with matters of social justice.

This is beginning to change. More Jews are beginning to realise that the Democratic Party is not their friend, as it basically wants to destroy Israel. But I suspect that for at least another 10-15 years, the Jewish vote will probably remain predominantly Democratic, depending on how anti-Israel the party ultimately becomes. If it really gets extreme, those years could decrease, of course.

I myself am a Republican with Falangist tendencies, but that is another matter altogether.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:38:11 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 08, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »
Jews, for obvious reasons, are very concerned with matters of social justice.

So long as they're not Arabs, right?...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 08, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
Jews, for obvious reasons, are very concerned with matters of social justice.

So long as they're not Arabs, right?...

A lot of SJWs replace "Arabs" with "white people".

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 08, 2015, 03:43:48 PM »
But Arabs are not white ???
The Mastery.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 08, 2015, 04:44:15 PM »
 Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick jews, do they not bleed? If you tickle jews, do they not laugh? If you poison jews, do they not die? And if you wrong jews, shall they not revenge? If jews are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute—and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 10, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »
Pete wants a true Jewish answer, I assume, as opposed to your atheist crap, @ least I hope he does.

Sure I do. Thanks for the answer. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob should always have the glory  since he is the Father of all who do his will. The other gods are not true Gods since they are only "so-called gods" but not the only true God.

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 15, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »
Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick jews, do they not bleed? If you tickle jews, do they not laugh? If you poison jews, do they not die? And if you wrong jews, shall they not revenge? If jews are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute—and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

my ducats! my daughters!

the real "god" of the jews is Mammon;
jews are, basically, materialistic atheists;
neither a race nor a religion but a sort of international criminal cabal!
hence: Marxism and robber-baron capitalism...flip-sides of the same coin!

Mammon led them on--
Mammon, the least erected Spirit that fell
From Heaven; for even in Heaven his looks and thoughts
Were always downward bent, admiring more
The riches of heaven's pavement, trodden gold,
Than aught divine or holy else enjoyed
In vision beatific.....
nisi Dominus frustra

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #2033 on: July 15, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »
You're not very bright, are you, Bickles? You can't be a Marxist and a Capitalist at the same time, see. Those two don't work and play well togther. Not that I would expect you to know this, given your approximate fifth grade iq.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 22, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »
You're not very bright, are you, Bickles? You can't be a Marxist and a Capitalist at the same time, see. Those two don't work and play well togther. Not that I would expect you to know this, given your approximate fifth grade iq.
Well no you can't but from a literary theorist's perspective Marxism is the following of capital to make a story making them two sides of the same coin. Both Concerned with ducats but oopposite views of distribution.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.