Re: Modern Feminism
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »
Yeah, he has been very critical of Sarkeesian. But to have an outspoken anti-harassment, anti-bullying advocate use her platform as a panelist to start slinging insults at an audience member seems hypocritical in the extreme.

word, i can totally see what you mean.  tbh neither of them seems like they'd be much fun at a party.

in her defense, i think there's a difference between the kind of harassment she's rallying against and calling someone a name at a conference.  i don't think her advocacy reduces to 'never be mean, ever.'  i think it's more like 'please stop threatening to rape me every time i play a video game or make a blog post.'  which, to rooster's point, would probably get frustrating.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
Yeah, he has been very critical of Sarkeesian. But to have an outspoken anti-harassment, anti-bullying advocate use her platform as a panelist to start slinging insults at an audience member seems hypocritical in the extreme.

word, i can totally see what you mean.  tbh neither of them seems like they'd be much fun at a party.

in her defense, i think there's a difference between the kind of harassment she's rallying against and calling someone a name at a conference.  i don't think her advocacy reduces to 'never be mean, ever.'  i think it's more like 'please stop threatening to rape me every time i play a video game or make a blog post.'  which, to rooster's point, would probably get frustrating.

She has actually specifically referenced almost exactly the same type of attacks as the biggest segment of the problem. I think she calls them "you suck" comments.

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
Modern Feminism < a larger perspective
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/xicanisma/posts/1630630620311008 (read the comments too)

Terrifyingly hypocritical.

Feminism is about the empowering of women, and it promotes equality and welfare for women. I am a loyal feminist and will continue to support the cause!
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.