Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FL GOP are homophobic crybabies
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 02:58:26 AM »
No. If people don’t like what is being taught then withdraw your kids from public education instead of wasting government resources.

Binary and boring thought processes lead to that response. Put more effort in or be doomed to talk only to Tom and Thork forever and ever.

There is nothing oppressive about having knowledge taught.

That depends entirely on what you think constitutes 'knowledge' and 'oppression'.

Do these parents not have a strong enough tie with their kids to indoctrinate them in to their preferred world view?

Why should a public school the parents fund with their own money be opposed to their worldview in the first place?

People who feel threatened by dissemination of knowledge about sexual orientation and gender identity are sad little cave people.

Emotional gibberish.

These cave people have options available to them already to avoid this, but the GOP, in their effort to try and remain socially relevant (they aren’t, pretty much every social issue has the more liberal view favored by a majority of Americans), they want to empower the losers that are scared of the gays to sue people. There is nothing conservative about this. The only reason they are passing these litigation-style bills is to try and end around the constitution because they know it’s nonsense that would never survive a challenge.

The GOP is putting up bills that they think their voters want. They might be correct. Acting upset that representatives are representing their voters is quite silly.

Rama Set

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 06:56:54 AM »
Binary and boring thought processes lead to that response. Put more effort in or be doomed to talk only to Tom and Thork forever and ever.

Smugness in place of an actual rebuttal. Not surprising.

That depends entirely on what you think constitutes 'knowledge' and 'oppression'.

Are you trying to sound smart? It’s not working.

Why should a public school the parents fund with their own money be opposed to their worldview in the first place?

Because the government shouldn’t support bigotry, obviously.

Emotional gibberish.

You’re scared of homosexuals. It’s ok. They don’t steal your soul.

The GOP is putting up bills that they think their voters want. They might be correct. Acting upset that representatives are representing their voters is quite silly.

It’s not good when the bill’s only good outcome is to cost the government money in court damages and waste the court’s time. There is nothing to try and effect change. It’s not good to represent bigotry in your bills either. I wouldn’t support segregation being legalized even if a majority of Floridians thought it was nifty because bigotry is immoral.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 07:06:29 AM »
No... its not.
mental illness is a styigma.  If someone has say... Bipolar disorder, and you tell them "Its not ok that you have bipolar.  You should stop being bipolar" well... that's terrible advice.  But accepting that they have Bipolar and that it's ok they have it, and encouraging them to get help is also good.

"It's okay to be bi-polar... but also... it's not, get help."

I'm sure you are an excellent authority figure for children.

Indeed you will find that it’s beneficial to one’s mental health not to shame them for things out of their control. Once your algorithm progresses you will understand.

I actually didn't say anything about shaming them.

Dave could simply say: "You're bi-polar? I grew up with several mental conditions myself, probably worse than you. Psychotherapy was a big help for me. You should ask your parents."

No need to lie to them.

Rama said it quite well.

You, however, just marginized their suffering.  Just... Wow...
"Probably worse than you" is the equivilent of saying 'suck it up'.  You, as a person not experiencing their issues, should never say 'I had it worse than you' because you don't know how they have it and probably never will.

But since you have issues with understanding concepts like acceptance, let me help.

Acceptance means not having to hide.  Doesn't mean we want you to keep being sick.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2022, 08:25:47 AM »
This thread is a perfect example of why people need educating about LGBTQ+ issues. Tom and Thork sound like every misconception that has been left behind by medicine and sociology about 40 years ago.
Isn’t this bill simply about making sure it’s done in an age appropriate way? Which it should be. Obviously that is open to interpretation, but as a principle it seems pretty sound.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 09:27:33 AM »
Discussing homosexuality with children is a gateway to child sexual abuse.
I’m sure you have excellent evidence of that over and above your own bigotry

In all of human history, no people's taught their kids that growing up to be gay was a good idea.
“In all of human history, no people’s (sic) taught their kids that slavery was wrong”
-1790’s Thork
Holy shit, you’re making it sound like kids are being actively encouraged to be gay. I’m sure you have excellent evidence of that over and above your own bigotry.

Your formative years are just that. Formative. You aren't born having any sexuality.
I’m sure you have excellent evidence of that over and above your own bigotry.
This is demonstrable bullshit. If you bother to talk to any gay person you’ll know that they often always knew they were gay.
(On being asked when he knew he was gay)
“Oh, I’ve always known. As soon as I came out of my mother I looked up and thought ‘I’m not going up one of those again!’”.
- Stephen Fry
You know this is not true from your own experience. Unless you’re saying that as a teenager you thought
“Well, I like a bit of cock, but I kinda like pussy too. Think I’ll go with pussy”.
No one has that experience.
A friend of mine “came out” to me and in the ensuing conversation she said that in some ways she wishes she wasn’t gay as her life would be a lot easier. But you can’t control who you are attracted to.

Kids should obviously be taught that being gay is a thing. They shouldn’t be taught it’s “good” or that it’s “bad”. It’s just a thing and it’s a thing for a significant enough percentage of the population that kids will probably know gay couples. Just not talking about stuff like that has worked out horribly for previous generations. But it should obviously be done in an age appropriate way, which is what this bill is apparently about.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:29:04 AM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 11:43:41 AM »
Discussing homosexuality with children is a gateway to child sexual abuse.
I’m sure you have excellent evidence of that over and above your own bigotry
Define grooming for me.

Holy shit, you’re making it sound like kids are being actively encouraged to be gay.
This is what I fear, yes. Been going on for decades. I'm not the only one who thinks so.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gay-lessons-promote-homosexuality-children/dp/0948859105

Your formative years are just that. Formative. You aren't born having any sexuality.
I’m sure you have excellent evidence of that over and above your own bigotry.
This is demonstrable bullshit. If you bother to talk to any gay person you’ll know that they often always knew they were gay.
Absolute horseshit. Not a person alive remembers being born. No one remembers being 4 months old. In fact you have very few memories of before you were 3 years old if any. You aren't gay as a new born baby. In fact you've just opened your eyes and decided the first thing you looked at must be your mother. She's a source of food and protection. You aren't deciding that screwing people of the same sex might be fun. Your sexuality will develop as you grow. I don't need a liberal professor to bullshit me into believing that people are born gay. It is obvious that they are not and I don't care that gay people want to romanticise it "I was born this way". No ... you turned out that way. Its very different.

(On being asked when he knew he was gay)
“Oh, I’ve always known. As soon as I came out of my mother I looked up and thought ‘I’m not going up one of those again!’”.
- Stephen Fry
You realise that was a joke. You know ... haha ... a joke. Its funny because we know a newborn baby isn't thinking about sex. haha. Come on ... with me ... one two three ... hahahaha!  :D

You know this is not true from your own experience. Unless you’re saying that as a teenager you thought
“Well, I like a bit of cock, but I kinda like pussy too. Think I’ll go with pussy”.
No one has that experience.
No, your formative years will define your sexuality. If you have a new age parent that likes to dress you as a drag queen so you can express yourself at the age of 4 ... you might well turn out gay. Which will delight your awful parents but ruin your life.

A friend of mine “came out” to me and in the ensuing conversation she said that in some ways she wishes she wasn’t gay as her life would be a lot easier. But you can’t control who you are attracted to.
Of course. Being gay sucks. Lesbians have to put up with no children and lesbian bed death. We should do all that is possible to shape the formative years of a child's life with heterosexual norms. Give them the best chance at a happy and healthy life. That's good parenting.

Kids should obviously be taught that being gay is a thing.
Why? Why even put that silly notion in their heads. If they turn out gay anyway, then have the chat. Encouraging children to be gay is wicked.

They shouldn’t be taught it’s “good” or that it’s “bad”.
They shouldn't be taught anything. They should be allowed to grow up naturally without you pounding gay propaganda into their little minds.

It’s just a thing and it’s a thing for a significant enough percentage of the population that kids will probably know gay couples.
Which may well be one of the reasons through out history that homosexuality was unacceptable. So that you keep it behind closed doors and stop pushing it in front of children. Society is for everyone, not just the selfish gays who want to shape the world the way they'd like it.

Just not talking about stuff like that has worked out horribly for previous generations.
You mean the previous generations that went on to create great civilisations over thousands of years? You are one of those people that thinks everyone who lived in the past was stupid. They weren't. they figured out everything. They are the reason you are wearing clothes. Sat in a house. Using electricity. Get medicine. Able to spend money, get a job, use roads, sewers, get food whenever you need. Those people from the past figured out everything, and yet you think they were stupid and didn't know how to raise children.  ::)

But it should obviously be done in an age appropriate way, which is what this bill is apparently about.
It is none of the state's business. It is for parents to guide their children. Not a heavily lobbied education department.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 11:46:52 AM by Dr David Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 11:57:07 AM »
Holy shit, you’re making it sound like kids are being actively encouraged to be gay.
This is what I fear, yes.
Why are you afraid of gays?

I don't need a liberal professor to bullshit me into believing that people are born gay. It is obvious that they are not
Nothing about human development is "obvious". If we were still basing our biology knowledge on what is "obvious", we'd still be insisting that people think with their hearts. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's quite another to assert that your made-up garbage is obviously correct.

Of course. Being gay sucks. Lesbians have to put up with no children and lesbian bed death.
As opposed to all the healthy sex you're having, you mean?

They shouldn't be taught anything.
I don't think that's really what you meant to say.

Society is for everyone, not just the selfish gays who want to shape the world the way they'd like it.
He said, without a hint of irony.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2022, 12:05:46 PM »
This is what I fear, yes.
Why are you afraid of gays?
I'm not afraid of gays. I'm afraid that children will be groomed by some of them. Vigilance is how you prevent terrible things from happening. 

I don't need a liberal professor to bullshit me into believing that people are born gay. It is obvious that they are not
Nothing about human development is "obvious". If we were still basing our biology knowledge on what is "obvious", we'd still be insisting that people think with their hearts. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's quite another to assert that your made-up garbage is obviously correct.
I feel the same way about made up garbage such as new born babies being gay. Just because you hope something is true, doesn't make it so.

Of course. Being gay sucks. Lesbians have to put up with no children and lesbian bed death.
As opposed to all the healthy sex you're having, you mean?
Don't be jelly. You're a big boy now. Have your own job and everything. If you want some sex, you go out and buy yourself some.

I don't think that's really what you meant to say.
Its almost like you took that quote out of context. Well done. That's the way to win a debate.  ::)

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 12:27:16 PM »
I'm not afraid of gays. I'm afraid that children will be groomed by some of them. Vigilance is how you prevent terrible things from happening.
And you think the way to prevent children from being groomed is not to teach them about the realities of the world, so that when they encounter someone who wants to take advantage of them they have no idea what's going on?

Just because you hope something is true, doesn't make it so.
I'm glad you concede that point.

Its almost like you took that quote out of context. Well done. That's the way to win a debate.  ::)
I see you missed the point I was making. Very well.

As soon as you teach children something, you are imparting some sort of viewpoint on them. If you teach them about English grammar, you will impart bias regarding the Oxford comma. If you teach them about history, you will impart bias regarding the moral virtues of Oliver Cromwell. If you teach them about science, you will impart bias regarding the shape of the Earth.

Now, it stands to reason that children must be given some form of sex education. If you want to avoid teen pregnancies and the spread of STIs, you need to teach children how to have safe sex. They are going to have sex either way, so a responsible education system will help them to do it safely. And if you are giving children sex education, then you are implicitly teaching them what is okay and (whether through omission or condemnation) what is not. It is not possible to deliver sex education without addressing this issue.

So, unless you are saying you want to see 14-year-old pregnancies popping up all over the country, it's not an argument about whether to teach children or not to teach children. They just aren't being taught in the way you would like.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 12:39:01 PM »
And you think the way to prevent children from being groomed is not to teach them about the realities of the world, so that when they encounter someone who wants to take advantage of them they have no idea what's going on?
Most children who are groomed, are groomed by someone in a position of power over them. Teacher is the biggest slice of the pie. Let's not make it bigger. They are the people you need to watch.

Now, it stands to reason that children must be given some form of sex education.
And you think it should be given to them by the people most likely to sexually abuse them? How about 'no'?

If you want to avoid teen pregnancies and the spread of STIs, you need to teach children how to have safe sex. They are going to have sex either way, so a responsible education system will help them to do it safely. And if you are giving children sex education, then you are implicitly teaching them what is okay and (whether through omission or condemnation) what is not. It is not possible to deliver sex education without addressing this issue.
What has any of that to do with teaching children about 'diverse relationships'?

So, unless you are saying you want to see 14-year-old pregnancies popping up all over the country, it's not an argument about whether to teach children or not to teach children. They just aren't being taught in the way you would like.
Correct. They should not be given the gay propaganda by teachers. I don't know why this is so unreasonable.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 12:47:32 PM »
Most children who are groomed, are groomed by someone in a position of power over them. Teacher is the biggest slice of the pie. Let's not make it bigger. They are the people you need to watch.

Ignoring for a moment the fact that you have provided no source or methodology for these data, by itself this is a useless statistic. Would the overall rate of grooming increase or decrease if sex education in schools were abolished? That is the statistic you want.

And you think it should be given to them by the people most likely to sexually abuse them? How about 'no'?
I think it should be given to them by the people whose job it is to give it to them.

If you want to avoid teen pregnancies and the spread of STIs, you need to teach children how to have safe sex. They are going to have sex either way, so a responsible education system will help them to do it safely. And if you are giving children sex education, then you are implicitly teaching them what is okay and (whether through omission or condemnation) what is not. It is not possible to deliver sex education without addressing this issue.
What has any of that to do with teaching children about 'diverse relationships'?
Did you miss the word "omission" in what I said?

Correct. They should not be given the gay propaganda by teachers. I don't know why this is so unreasonable.
Imagine for a moment that you are a sex education teacher. You are teaching the syllabus of your dreams — heteronormative traditions to make the Bishop of Rome blush. A young lad timidly raises his hand and tells you he feels attracted to other boys, and asks you what to do about it.

In your fantasy world, where children are taught nothing about same-sex relations, how would you as the teacher respond?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 12:49:50 PM by xasop »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 12:58:03 PM »
Ignoring for a moment the fact that you have provided no source or methodology for these data, by itself this is a useless statistic.
It is at least some data. I almost always provide a source or some reference. You don't. How about you come back with some data showing my data to be wrong?

Would the overall rate of grooming increase or decrease if sex education in schools were abolished? That is the statistic you want.
I don't believe that data like that wouldn't be suppressed or manipulated by government. It is too political for them not to shape the narrative with bent data.

I think it should be given to them by the people whose job it is to give it to them.
Why should it be anyone's job? Children have parents and guardians. People who love them. Those are the people who should provide guidance.

Imagine for a moment that you are a sex education teacher. You are teaching the syllabus of your dreams — heteronormative traditions to make the Bishop of Rome blush. A young lad timidly raises his hand and tells you he feels attracted to other boys, and asks you what to do about it.

In your fantasy world, where children are taught nothing about same-sex relations, how would you as the teacher respond?
This absolutely wouldn't happen. Kids don't come out in the middle of class in front of all their friends. Should such a ridiculous and rare situation occur, you reply "You should tell your parents how you feel". Job done.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 01:04:58 PM »
Thork's reply explains alot.
He assumes every child is loved by their parents and have a good understanding of sexuality. 
Now I'm picturing a world a generation or two down where 'Ask your parents' goes into a loop because the parents don't know shit because they weren't taught anything because their parents didn't know anything.  So said parent goes 'Ask your teacher'.
Then kids end up using google and get nothing but porn sites.  Because that'll be healthy....
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 01:14:29 PM »
Thork's reply explains alot.
I do make excellent points. Thank you.

He assumes every child is loved by their parents and have a good understanding of sexuality. 
The vast majority of children are loved by their parents. It's a thing nature does to stop you abandoning them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

Now I'm picturing a world a generation or two down where 'Ask your parents' goes into a loop because the parents don't know shit because they weren't taught anything because their parents didn't know anything.
your parents managed to form a relationship, have sex and then produce you. The idea that they 'don't know shit' is ridiculous. A rabbit is able to set up a family. Do rabbits do sex ed? Name a single other creature that needs sex education please.

So said parent goes 'Ask your teacher'.
Then kids end up using google and get nothing but porn sites.  Because that'll be healthy....
I live in a country where VPNs cost subscription money, ISPs block porn sites, browsers block porn sites, mobile phones block porn sites and search engines block porn sites. Children don't watch as much porn as your favourite tabloid newspaper might suggest.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 01:30:07 PM »
It is at least some data. I almost always provide a source or some reference. You don't. How about you come back with some data showing my data to be wrong?
I didn't say your data were wrong, but I'm glad to see your reading comprehension skills haven't changed since the last time we spoke.

I don't believe that data like that wouldn't be suppressed or manipulated by government. It is too political for them not to shape the narrative with bent data.
In other words, you won't provide data to support your case. Noted.

Why should it be anyone's job? Children have parents and guardians. People who love them. Those are the people who should provide guidance.
So you're okay with children receiving a poor education, but only orphans, children whose parents are in prison, or children of busy working parents who rarely see their kids? What about children with same-sex parents? Are you okay with them being encouraged to be gay, as you put it?

This absolutely wouldn't happen. Kids don't come out in the middle of class in front of all their friends. Should such a ridiculous and rare situation occur, you reply "You should tell your parents how you feel". Job done.
No, that is not a "job done" according to you. You have just communicated for everyone in the class that the topic is inappropriate in public. That's not teaching them nothing.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 01:40:13 PM »
Whoah, now, nobody said anything about priests.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »
I didn't say your data were wrong
Then you must have come to the same conclusion and agree with me.

In other words, you won't provide data to support your case. Noted.
I'm saying I don't know where to find such data when I live in a post-truth age full of fake news and government narratives.

So you're okay with children receiving a poor education, but only orphans, children whose parents are in prison, or children of busy working parents who rarely see their kids?
Orphans have guardians. So do children whose parents are in prison. And yet it is you who accuses me of having poor reading comprehension.

What about children with same-sex parents?
There is no such thing. And placing children in such situations should be utterly illegal. If you chose to be gay, it means you chose not to have a family. You shouldn't be able to acquire one at the expense of a child having a normal upbringing.

Are you okay with them being encouraged to be gay, as you put it?
Absolutely not. Homosexuality should be an 18+ topic in public, just as porn is. Both are destructive to young people's perceptions of how family life should be.

No, that is not a "job done" according to you. You have just communicated for everyone in the class that the topic is inappropriate in public. That's not teaching them nothing.
I've just taught them that homosexuality is not a discussion to be had in public or in polite conversation. Go learn some manners from your family about what is and isn't appropriate. Maybe they can steer you back from your mixed ideas if it isn't too late.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:36:19 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 02:51:42 PM »
No.

I'm saying I don't know where to find such data when I live in a post-truth age full of fake news and government narratives.
So you admit that your opinions aren't based on data? That's a bit better than providing irrelevant data, I suppose.

Orphans have guardians. So do children whose parents are in prison.
Yet you just said that them having guardians should be made illegal.

There is no such thing. And placing children in such situations should be utterly illegal. If you chose to be gay, it means you chose not to have a family. You shouldn't be able to acquire one at the expense of a child having a normal upbringing.
What if there are more orphans than heterosexual couples or single parents willing to adopt? Do you think it's better for a child to have no upbringing at all than a "normal" one? Is it better for a child to be adopted by an abusive heterosexual couple than a loving homosexual one? Just how far are you willing to go to stop gay people from being happy?

Absolutely not. Homosexuality should be an 18+ topic in public, just as porn is. Both are destructive to young people's perceptions of how family life should be.
No, they're destructive to your idea of how family life should be. Remember when you said this?
Society is for everyone, not just the selfish gays who want to shape the world the way they'd like it.
You can't have it both ways. If "the selfish gays" can't force their idea of family life on kids, neither can you.

I've just taught them that homosexuality is not a discussion to be had in public or in polite conversation.
Yes, exactly. But earlier you said this:
Are you now retracting this statement?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »
No.
Then you need to learn to interpret data.

So you admit that your opinions aren't based on data? That's a bit better than providing irrelevant data, I suppose.
I like Taylor Swift and Jaffa Cakes. Those opinions also aren't based on data. Do I need data to form all my opinions?

Orphans have guardians. So do children whose parents are in prison.
Yet you just said that them having guardians should be made illegal.
Only the same sex guardians.

What if there are more orphans than heterosexual couples or single parents willing to adopt?
There aren't. We haven't just had a major war or genocide.

Do you think it's better for a child to have no upbringing at all than a "normal" one? Is it better for a child to be adopted by an abusive heterosexual couple than a loving homosexual one?
Why would you want to place a child with either, you sicko?

You can't have it both ways. If "the selfish gays" can't force their idea of family life on kids, neither can you.
A natural family just happens. To make a gay family, you have to muck about with the natural order of things.

I've just taught them that homosexuality is not a discussion to be had in public or in polite conversation.
Yes, exactly. But earlier you said this:
Are you now retracting this statement?
I went from you shouldn't teach about homosexuality to children to you shouldn't teach about homosexuality to children. Seems pretty consistent to me. Please try harder to read properly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 03:17:49 PM by Dr David Thork »

Rama Set

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2022, 03:54:02 PM »
I wonder if Thork’s gay acquaintances, if they exist, which I’m pretty sure they don’t, know that he sees them as less than human? It’s truly astounding that he can project his personal discomfort on to the world as some kind of broad truth.