Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Bro, Guns
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
I am just glad that Thork is not allowed to own weapons. 
Me too. I don't need them because my penis is of adequate size so requires no compensation measures, and I wouldn't want anyone I know to get hurt by them.

Thork will stab himself in the eye with a butter knife.  Good thing his government will not allow him to have a weapon. 

Thork

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 05:07:10 PM »
Me too. I don't need them because my penis is of adequate size so requires no compensation measures, and I wouldn't want anyone I know to get hurt by them.

Thork will stab himself in the eye with a butter knife.  Good thing his government will not allow him to have a weapon. 
You know, people in Britain can apply for firearms. You can get a license. Its just not like walking into a sports store and picking a carbine off the shelf.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »
Why would you have to apply for a tool to defend yourself?  Do you have to prove first that your life is in danger before hand?  What a backward society you live in. 

Thork

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »
Why would you have to apply for a tool to defend yourself?  Do you have to prove first that your life is in danger before hand?  What a backward society you live in. 
Because we aren't a nation of pussies who need guns to defend ourselves?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »
Are you saying that Britons have never defended themselves with firearms?  Have you ever taken a history class? 

Ghost of V

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 05:20:25 PM »
Because we aren't a nation of pussies who need guns to defend ourselves?

That explains the American Revolution.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:31:21 PM by junker »

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »
Britain learned from America and decided to outlaw guns so the rest of their population couldn't revolt.

Thork

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
Are you saying that Britons have never defended themselves with firearms?  Have you ever taken a history class? 
There is a difference between a knob in starbucks with a gun and a trained soldier.

Britain learned from America and decided to outlaw guns so the rest of their population couldn't revolt.
Its easy to revolt. You just stop paying tax for a bit and the establishment collapses in a matter of weeks. You don't need guns. Just consensus for change.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »
The idea of having the law on your side and telling people what to do is an appealing one. To me anyway, it's the closest you'll get in modern society to being 'the good guy', even though most of the time you're doing medial stuff at crazy hours and scraping people off the road when they crash.
No, its the thing people who want authority and power but have none, are interested in.

You can be a good guy without being a cop. If a shitbag like me can dress up 7 times as santa again this year and raise money for local causes, I'm pretty sure a decent human like you can find ways to 'be a good guy' without pepper spraying drug addicts in the mall.

You can be a good person without being a cop. When I say 'good guy', I mean the ideal protagonist from fiction. Of course, people are people and there's heaps of cops that are cunts. But there's a reason many use a shield to symbolize their organization, and that's an appealing thought.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »
There is a difference between a knob in starbucks with a gun and a trained soldier.

I go to Starbucks a lot and see Airmen with guns (M16's, no less) and I still enjoy my coffee. Why are you so easily intimidated by men or women with guns?

Its easy to revolt. You just stop paying tax for a bit and the establishment collapses in a matter of weeks. You don't need guns. Just consensus for change.

We tried that one time, Thork. As I remember it, the king didn't appreciate the gesture and sent people with guns.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
Why are you so easily intimidated by men or women with guns?
It's easy to be intimidated when you're not used to the sight. I often see airport cops carry something that, thanks to my expertise in guns, I would describe as "big, scary fucking guns". So far, it successfully prevented me from blowing up any of the airports I've visited.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Ghost of V

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »
I go to Starbucks a lot and see Airmen with guns (M16's, no less) and I still enjoy my coffee. Why are you so easily intimidated by men or women with guns?

Weren't you in the military or something?

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »
The idea of having the law on your side and telling people what to do is an appealing one. To me anyway, it's the closest you'll get in modern society to being 'the good guy', even though most of the time you're doing medial stuff at crazy hours and scraping people off the road when they crash.
That's kind of worrisome actually.

I'm not worried about me. I'd never shoot anyone ... which is why I don't own a gun.
Then use it for target shooting.
what the hell do I need to kill anyone for?
I don't know.  Don't kill anyone then.  Problem solved.
In other news I went clay pigeon shooting for the first time ever last week. I hit 18 of 22 clays. I was a bit chuffed as its the first time I ever fired a gun.
Wait.... you used a gun for something other than killing?  I thought gun haters said that's impossible.

Most guns kill the people that own them or the people they love.
That's weird.  Mine don't do anything.  Hell, they don't even load themselves.

Ha!  I was in the military, and I'm still in the guard.  I'm a firearms expert compared to some soldiers I've known, or still know, and yet there are plenty of civilians who know a lot more than me because they've done a lot more training or are ex-military, and probably infantry or something.

I don't need them because my penis is of adequate size so requires no compensation measures,
You gun haters sure have cock on the mind a lot.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »
He probably cringes and breaks out in a cold-sweat at the sight of an open car door and steering wheel.