Thork

Bro, Guns
« on: December 05, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
The idea of having the law on your side and telling people what to do is an appealing one. To me anyway, it's the closest you'll get in modern society to being 'the good guy', even though most of the time you're doing medial stuff at crazy hours and scraping people off the road when they crash.
No, its the thing people who want authority and power but have none, are interested in.

You can be a good guy without being a cop. If a shitbag like me can dress up 7 times as santa again this year and raise money for local causes, I'm pretty sure a decent human like you can find ways to 'be a good guy' without pepper spraying drug addicts in the mall.

Saddam Hussein

Re: Bro, Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »
You don't need to be a cop to eat donuts all day or carry a gun in public.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »
Don't you have to conceal a gun in America? I didn't think members of the public could walk about with a pistol on a belt.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 01:27:38 PM »
Don't you have to conceal a gun in America? I didn't think members of the public could walk about with a pistol on a belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry_in_the_United_States
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
Its one thing having a gun at home to protect your property. Its another wandering around openly with one forcing everyone around you to double check you aren't insane. Its very threatening. I'd have to consider anyone doing this a complete dick. I'd also never hang out with them. I don't want to be around live firearms. Who wants a lethal weapon around when someone else is in charge of it? What if you spill a drunk guy's pint in the pub? Or get the last space in a car park? Or a man with a gun wants to jump a queue? Screw anyone that carries a gun around. They have them because they want to be a dick to other people and want to prevent anyone calling them out on it when they are being a dick. Its anti-social.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
Thork is easily intimidated by men with large guns.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »
Most cities I have been in do not let you carry a weapon into a bar, even if you have a concealed or open carry license.  Thork is talking shit, like ussual. 

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »
One of my classmates brought a gun to class a few days ago. He had just become a deputy sheriff, so he came to school in uniform, gun and all. Seemed kind of dumb.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Thork

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »
Most cities I have been in do not let you carry a weapon into a bar, even if you have a concealed or open carry license.  Thork is talking shit, like ussual. 
I was asking the question you dumb hill-billy. I don't live in one of the barbaric colonies. I live in the birth place of modern civilisation.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
I was asking the question you dumb hill-billy. I don't live in one of the barbaric colonies. I live in the birth place of modern civilisation.
Yet, you can't be trusted with a firearm.  I hope they let you have steak knives, at least. 

Thork

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 03:09:12 PM »
Yet, you can't be trusted with a firearm.  I hope they let you have steak knives, at least. 
I'm not worried about me. I'd never shoot anyone ... which is why I don't own a gun. what the hell do I need to kill anyone for? If no one else is allowed to either, that makes me safer. Obviously.

In other news I went clay pigeon shooting for the first time ever last week. I hit 18 of 22 clays. I was a bit chuffed as its the first time I ever fired a gun.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
News for Thork, bad guys do not always fallow laws. 

Also, if you did have a firearm, and someone broke into your home, and you thought your safety or the safety of your family was in danger, you would not shoot the intruder? 

Thork

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »
Indeed. So selling guns in a sports store is a really stupid idea. In the UK, its very hard to get a gun. That's the way it should be.

Also, if you did have a firearm, and someone broke into your home, and you thought your safety or the safety of your family was in danger, you would not shoot the intruder? 
No. It didn't work out very well for Oscar Pistorious.

Thork

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
This is friendly chat you douche bags.
Well, that's not very friendly. >:(

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »
Indeed. So selling guns in a sports store is a really stupid idea. In the UK, its very hard to get a gun. That's the way it should be.

I bet it is easier for a criminal to get a firearm than it is for a law abiding citizen. 

No. It didn't work out very well for Oscar Pistorious.
He shot his girl friend and tried to claim that it was self-defence.  How did it work out for him? 

Thork

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 03:32:41 PM »
He shot his girl friend and tried to claim that it was self-defence.  How did it work out for him? 
The judge (the person who ultimately decides what happens ... not you) decided he accidentally shot his girlfriend thinking she was an intruder. I couldn't imagine shooting one of my own family under those circumstances. Its not worth having a gun in the house. Most guns kill the people that own them or the people they love. not crazy murderous intruders.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
He shot her because they got into a fight, and then lied about thinking his life was in danger.  Can you not see this? 

Thork

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »
He shot her because they got into a fight, and then lied about thinking his life was in danger.  Can you not see this? 
Again, the judge who spent several months weighing up the facts says he shot her by accident thinking she was an intruder. What you and I think about that murderous little crapbag is irrelevant. I don't want to shoot my family by accident either.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »
I am just glad that Thork is not allowed to own weapons. 

Thork

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »
I am just glad that Thork is not allowed to own weapons. 
Me too. I don't need them because my penis is of adequate size so requires no compensation measures, and I wouldn't want anyone I know to get hurt by them.