Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
Effects of the UA on light
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
One of my pet projects has been a FE model by which UA can account for the (apparent) persistence of northern and southern celestial poles.  A piece of this model hinges on the idea that the UA affects light to a greater extent than it affects objects which have mass, including bending of said light via the aether swirling around the disc of the earth.  Also, the atmoplane seems to minimize the effects of UA for objects which have mass, but I think perhaps light is affected by UA regardless of the presence of atmosphere. 

This is a very rough approximation of the idea when I first formed it - it's evolved a bit since then, but the basic idea remains the same.  The UA pushes the earth along, but it accelerates light faster, and it swirls through the aether around us, the light from stars below the disc emerging as what we call the southern sky.  Likewise, light coming from Polaris above the disc of earth is also bent upward by the UA and Aether as it reaches earth.

I call it aetheric lensing, and it is an attempt at a more clearly defined version of "bendy light" we've seen before.  I posted about it once or twice on the old fora, but thought I'd bring it here for continued discussion.

Is it zetetic?  It is admittedly not - it's pure hypothesis, but I'm interested in thoughts from the community nonetheless, and hope that we can perhaps develop an experiment to test the idea.

Thork

Re: Effects of the UA on light
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
Nice. I advocate a crystalline firmament as described in ancient Hebrew texts which nicely explains bendy light (refraction) but it's always nice to see other reasoned theories on observational phenomena.