Re: The Coriolis Effect and Day/Night Cycle
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 01:48:20 AM »
also, id like some source on "aetheric eyewalls" and to explain this video too . thousands if not millions of people watched this man jump from the edge of space (128k up). you can see the curvature of the round earth.

Ghost of V

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 02:45:09 AM »
Aetheric eyewalls are real, and we experience it every day by looking at the Sun. What more evidence do you need?

Einstien believed in aether. Are you trying to say that Einstien was wrong?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 03:11:00 AM »
The one-pole model fails to explain why the Sun appears to the south inside the Antarctic Circle in the South's summer, for example.
4) ...I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the unipolar model. The sun would certainly appear to be in the general vicinity of Antarctica during the Southern winter.
Okay, I can simply the explanation for you. The "unipolar model" does not explain the direction you would obverse the Sun when you stand at 0o 98o S at 00.00 UTC on January 1 of any year. Indeed for all observers inside the Antarctic Circle throughout summer the Sun appears to circle above the horizon.

[video removed for the sake of space]

Oh, and the video is filmed at the South Pole further evidence of the failure of the "unipolar model".

The appearance of the midnight sun (and its opposite) is the result of Aetheric eyewalls, which distort and hide the sun in predictable patterns.
As you've said, this thread is not about the Aether. If you'd like to discuss that outlandish claim, please start a new thread and I'll ask you to provide your data there.

Also, you did not counter the point that the film was made at the South Pole. Should we assume that you now accept its existence?

By the way, your post is a great example of the "special pleading" fallacy.

Why are you so angry? Are you CT's alt or something?

First of all, sun should not be capitalized. That correction was unnecessary and incorrect. Generally accepted stylistics is that Sol, the proper name for the sun, should be capitalized but sun should not. The same goes for Luna and the moon.

Second, I merely answered the question proposed to me. I've gone out of my way to avoid getting into the details of Aetheric Theory, because this is neither the time nor the place. Also, I'm doing a frankly ridiculous amount of homework for my classes right now and don't have time to put into a proper response. Like I said, if you want me to go into detail I'll be happy to, just start a separate thread for it.

No, I do not accept that the video was taken at the South Pole. However, such discussions are more the area of Tom and Thork. I'm far more interested in the physical mechanics of the Flat Earth and have no desire to consider why or how some are deluded into believing that Amundsen-Scott is at the South Pole.

Finally, I am not guilty of special pleading.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:13:59 AM by Tausami »
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 04:13:00 AM »
you dont accept it was taken at the south pole? what would it take to prove to you? because for all your talk of free thinking and intellectualism, there is a LOT of evidence denial and conspiracy theories that make no sense. also, aether? yeah, i think einstein was wrong. he was deeply flawed on alot of things. dont believe me? ask google.

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 04:23:56 AM »
you expect us to believe that the earth is flat and say youre open to evidence but you dismiss all evidence against you as faked. i tried to research the aether youre talking about. could you provide some source that yall didnt write half-way and not finish, also some demonstrable experiments for your conclusions? and dont tell me FAQ, its all a jumbled, contradicting and highly varying mess. ive already provided some that yall can do right now to prove the earth is round and there is already lots of hard scientific evidence that the earth is round.

Ghost of V

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 04:51:54 AM »
So you trust Google, a multimillion dollar company, over Einstien? Wow. We're done here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:16:24 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 04:53:32 AM »
I've gone out of my way to avoid getting into the details of Aetheric Theory, because this is neither the time nor the place. Also, I'm doing a frankly ridiculous amount of homework for my classes right now and don't have time to put into a proper response. Like I said, if you want me to go into detail I'll be happy to, just start a separate thread for it.

No, I do not accept that the video was taken at the South Pole. However, such discussions are more the area of Tom and Thork. I'm far more interested in the physical mechanics of the Flat Earth and have no desire to consider why or how some are deluded into believing that Amundsen-Scott is at the South Pole.

So you dodge both challenges. Noted. james_zombob seems to have stumped the FEers.

You're making the claim about the "Aether". If you can't find the time to post your data, then I'm content to leave your outlandish claim unsupported. I hardly need to start a thread for you to show us how you applied the Zetetic Process to demonstrate the existence and alleged effects of the "Aether". How about when any FEer has evidence he (or she) posts it? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I don't discuss conspiracy theory comments outside of FEG ("deluded into believing" as opposed to deluded into what else"?).

Aetheric eyewalls are real, and we experience it every day by looking at the Sun. What more evidence do you need?

If you're going to make an "appeal to authority" fallacy, please try to get your facts correct.
Quote from: http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/resource/phy03.sci.phys.energy.erspeedlight/einsteins-thoughts-on-the-ether/
At the turn of the 20th century, most scientists believed that light traveled through an invisible form of matter they called ether. Einstein disagreed.
Do post your evidence (even if it's available "every day") that the "Aetheric eyewalls" are real.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 05:00:39 AM »
We see them everyday, gully, look out your window. Go outside. Unless you're blind or something. In that case, I apologize in advance.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 05:08:43 AM »
We see them everyday, gully, look out your window. Go outside. Unless you're blind or something. In that case, I apologize in advance.
I guess I need to repeat myself.
Do post your evidence (even if it's available "every day") that the "Aetheric eyewalls" are real.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 05:15:32 AM »

Approximately half the sun in this photo is hidden behind an eyewall.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »

Approximately half the sun in this photo is hidden behind an eyewall.
Do tell us how you determined that. I recommend that you try to make a relevant ray-trace diagram. See, for example: http://dvapphysics.wikispaces.com/Ray+Trace+Diagrams

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »
sun
Please stop doing this. It's not just that it's unhelpful and pedantic, but you're virtually never right when it comes to the subtleties of English grammar. We'll be better off without you causing unnecessary confusion with your under-researched remarks.

Names of celestial bodies: Mars, Saturn, the Milky Way. Do not, however, capitalize earth, moon, sun, except when those names appear in a context in which other (capitalized) celestial bodies are mentioned. "I like it here on earth," but "It is further from Earth to Mars than it is from Mercury to the Sun."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:13:44 PM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
I've gone out of my way to avoid getting into the details of Aetheric Theory, because this is neither the time nor the place. Also, I'm doing a frankly ridiculous amount of homework for my classes right now and don't have time to put into a proper response. Like I said, if you want me to go into detail I'll be happy to, just start a separate thread for it.

So you dodge both challenges. Noted. james_zombob seems to have stumped the FEers.

You're making the claim about the "Aether". If you can't find the time to post your data, then I'm content to leave your outlandish claim unsupported. I hardly need to start a thread for you to show us how you applied the Zetetic Process to demonstrate the existence and alleged effects of the "Aether". How about when any FEer has evidence he (or she) posts it? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I don't discuss conspiracy theory comments outside of FEG ("deluded into believing" as opposed to deluded into what else"?).

I dodge neither challenge. This is not the right place for one, and I'm not the right arguer for the other. Stop trying to derail the thread. It's rude.

_________

James, if you want I can go into detail about Aether. I'll write up a better, more detailed description in a bit.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
thousands if not millions of people watched this man jump from the edge of space (128k up). you can see the curvature of the round earth.

lol.  If you watch the video, sometimes the Earth looks convexly curved, and sometimes it is concavely curved.  It is called a fish eye lens. 

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
and i would like to see a ray chart as well, something more scientifically accepted that "aether eyewalls"

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »
oh my goodness, you guys are a bunch of denialists. everything is faked except what you put up. if its a fish eye lens, prove it. also, grammar? funny, i thought it was a debate on the flat earth fallacy, i mean theory. and yeah i trust a multi milliond dollar comapny over your ramblings, yes. and if you want more proof einstein was deeply flawed, ask a physicist.

Are you saying that the horizon is actually sometimes convex shaped, and sometimes concave shaped?

I find the simpler answer to be that they used a fish eye lens. 

Rama Set

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »

This is terrible, just terrible.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »
if its a fish eye lens, prove it.
It's not exactly a disputed fact, you know:

http://techland.time.com/2010/08/25/red-bull-stratos-how-do-you-document-a-freefall-from-120000-feet-up/
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-10/14/felix-space-jump
http://dailysliceofpi.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/what-felix-baumgartner-really-saw-from-the-edge-of-space/
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/05/felix-baumgartner-jump-story
http://sourcefed.com/felix-baumgartners-space-jump-helmet-cam-footage/

If you need proof, I refer you to simple geometry. With a normal human field of view (about 135°), the curvature you'd expect to see at this altitude if the earth was round (or under EAT conditions) would be reasonably clear, but not *that* obvious.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »
and i would like to see a ray chart as well, something more scientifically accepted that "aether eyewalls"

I'm still working on such details. I consider it my FET thesis (on that note: anyone else interesting in an Honorary Doctorate in Flat Earth Theory? Maybe I should start a thread about that in S&C), and as such am understandably hesitant to post my unfinished work. I can give you as much as I can, though.

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2014, 03:44:37 PM »
They didn't exclusively use a fish eye lens. Plenty of views from other cameras that show the round earth. Can you account for those, without falling on "it was faked"? An let me know if you get a ray chart working. Because that photo looked like refraction to me.