Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
NASA is putting women on the MOON in 2024
« on: September 29, 2020, 10:36:55 PM »
NASA outlines $28 billion plan to land the first woman on the Moon by 2024.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/nasa-woman-artemis-moon-scn-trnd/index.html
"Artemis is named after the Greek goddess of the moon and twin sister of Apollo."

Thats really not that far away and I sure hope its at least as good as the 1987 Amazon women on the moon flick. To think we get a real Greek goddess playing golf or tennis on the moon. Sweet, can't wait ! The camera work has come 50 years forward.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: NASA is putting women on the MOON in 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:41:21 AM »
This is posted in FE Investigations.

What is being investigated here?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »
Artemis is waaaay over schedule and has yet to produce a working model to launch above a flat earth or a round earth. In my mind it confirms more of the hocus pocus fake space flight we've proven for years. No ones going anywhere or ever has.

Move it where you like.....I'm not perfect, just real !
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:37:24 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »
This is posted in FE Investigations.

What is being investigated here?
The thread fits fine in this board just fine - it looks into authoritative claims. If you need a reminder, there's a sticky thread at the top of the board for your convenience.

Meanwhile, you playing moderator is completely off-topic. Have a look at the rules, specifically rule 9 regarding using appropriate channels for seeking help. Note that it specifically explains that complaining in the middle of a thread is a bad idea.

Cut it out. Final warning.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 12:24:06 PM »
I like how these "milestone" events are always planned sufficiently close in the future to grab peoples attention, but long enough away for people to have forgotten all about it when the year in question arrives.

I would love to have a list of all the space related achievements that were planned for 2020 back in the early 2000s and 2010s. Surely theres a calendar record somewhere? These planned events get forgotten about all too quick.

Just wait and you'll see in 2022 there will be an all black crew mission to the moon or mars planned for 2028.
Lex I: Corpus omne perseverare in statu suo quiescendi vel movendi uniformiter in directum, nisi quatenus a viribus impressis cogitur statum illum mutare.
-Hooke, Halley, Newton

Nos appropinquare

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 07:48:06 PM »
I like how these "milestone" events are always planned sufficiently close in the future to grab peoples attention, but long enough away for people to have forgotten all about it when the year in question arrives.

I would love to have a list of all the space related achievements that were planned for 2020 back in the early 2000s and 2010s. Surely theres a calendar record somewhere? These planned events get forgotten about all too quick.

Just wait and you'll see in 2022 there will be an all black crew mission to the moon or mars planned for 2028.

Oh BOOM never bloomed..
Boom! Supersonic Passenger Jet Coming by 2020

https://www.space.com/36762-boom-supersonic-passenger-jet.html

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/lowboom/overview

Hyped fail is everywhere.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:39:41 AM »
Hyped fail is everywhere.
It is, but I'd suggest that is not unique to NASA or space exploration.
In fact your example here is about supersonic plane travel, which is another thing which I've seen promised for decades.
It's never happened - that doesn't mean that planes aren't real or that Concorde never flew supersonic. It just means that some technical challenges are harder than others and the particular challenge with space flight or supersonic commercial flights is getting the cost low enough that it becomes commercially viable.

What is your claim here? You think NASA are faking stuff, right? Do you think NASA are announcing stuff but only faking some of it? If they're just faking it then surely with today's technology they can fake everything. Why are they only bothering to do it with some things?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 06:53:09 PM »
Hopefully it looks better than the television studio in the 60's.

It's well known that they "switched" to a "television studio" for the landing video when they "accidentally" fried the camera to cover themselves up. It's really likely that they just did the same thing for the rest of the landings, and will do it for Artemis.

About all the way at the bottom...
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20191108-the-switch-that-saved-a-moon-mission-from-disaster
"""
Despite the best efforts of the astronauts and support engineers in mission control, no amount of adjustment could get the picture back. It seemed the image sensors were irreparably damaged.

Fortunately, the TV networks had a back-up plan. While continuing to carry the live voices of the astronauts, CBS switched to a studio where two actors dressed in spacesuits simulate the Moonwalk.

NBC, meanwhile, commissioned puppeteer Bil Baird to build astronaut marionettes. Baird (who would train Muppet creator Jim Henson) operated the puppets from an overhead gantry above a simulated lunar landscape. Despite having the word “simulation” on the screen, Baird is quoted as saying that many viewers never realised it wasn’t real. """