Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2019, 10:14:28 PM »
It's amazing that this is still going on.  One would have thought that people would have wised up to this by now.

I don't think Chris Roberts is a scammer though.  I think this is what happens when you give a game designer unlimited resources and zero pressure from management to actually finish.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2019, 12:52:42 AM »
I think it is for the people who may be casually following the game's (lack of) progress. Not everyone is blessed to follow the scam daily like we do in IRC.
This. I haven't sunk a small fortune into this because I'm not an idiot, so I'm just a casual observer.

I think this is what happens when you give a game designer unlimited resources and zero pressure from management to actually finish.
I think this is what happens when a game makes more money whilst it is in development, than it ever could when it is released.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2019, 06:15:41 AM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »
Did they ever finish and/or commercially release this thing?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »
Did they ever finish and/or commercially release this thing?

Is the Pope a Muslim?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2019, 04:37:01 PM »
Parsifal, Anastas and myself have played patch 3.7 about 40 hours the past few weeks. It's incredibly stable (relative to all previous patches) and has a lot of things to do, both officially in the game and also incredibly dumb things we made up ourselves. My personal favorite missions are the ones where Hurston Dynamics pays us to "evict" people from their property by killing them on sight.

I'd say the majority of the time we spend playing the game is spent annoying and/or killing each other in some way with brief pauses to do group missions.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:35:21 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2019, 03:06:19 PM »
Do you have unlimited time to play the 3.7 patch btw? Or do they give you a certain amount of time to check it out?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2019, 10:31:12 PM »
Do you have unlimited time to play the 3.7 patch btw? Or do they give you a certain amount of time to check it out?

They have free flies that are timed for people who haven't bought the game, usually 3 days or a week depending on when it happens. If you've bought the game, you can play as much as you want.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 24, 2019, 08:58:23 AM »
Cautious optimism intensifies.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 24, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
So, take-aways from ShitizenConned 2949 (n.b. I only watched some of the presentations):
  • microTech looks fucking amazing compared to the planets currently in the game, like holy shit
  • I can't wait to get my hands on my Carrack in February (which in CIG-speak more likely means April)
  • The lore team thinks anyone is interested in voting in a pretend election cycle that runs for a whole year
  • The good shit (persistence between patches, server meshing) is still coming in a year or so (yeah, right)
  • They cut off the demo immediately after emerging from a jump point into the Pyro system, which implies that Pyro is just barely started and we probably won't see it for another couple of years yet
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 24, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »
won't see it for another couple of years yet

I get bored of games after a while. I certainly don't keep playing the same game for 'years'. Are you really committing to scam shitizen for years?

Kerbal Space Program 2 is my next space game. I'll likely play it a lot for 3 months ... then never touch it again.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:06:26 PM by Baby Thork »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 24, 2019, 06:28:57 PM »
They've been committed to this game for years already. It's a cult of sunk-cost fallacy, unreasonable expectations, and in general just being blind to the obvious truth of an utterly inept dev.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 24, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
They've been committed to this game for years already. It's a cult of sunk-cost fallacy, unreasonable expectations, and in general just being blind to the obvious truth of an utterly inept dev.

Rubberts isn't inept, he's just incredibly slow at delivering. If your credits and gear didn't get wiped every quarterly release I'd be playing it as a regular game. Considering the game was basically unplayable 2 years ago, I'd say they've made some decent progress since then.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 24, 2019, 08:40:16 PM »
Rubberts isn't inept

Take your $1000 rose-tinted glasses off for a minute. Zurovec is in charge of the PU which is the only reason it's making as much progress as it is. Anything Chris Roberts personally has a hand in is awful.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 25, 2019, 03:42:49 AM »
This ShitizenConned confirmed the game is still moving in the right direction. The new planet tech looks good, the new more complex missions look promising and the idea of exploring another system in 2025 is exciting. The game, as it stands right now, is pretty fun. It's a little deflating to have our progress wiped every few months, but we don't really feel the pinch too much because I can spawn so many different ships. The game is buggy and it can sometime be frustrating to play, but when it works it's a great game and it still has a lot of potential. If CIG were busy spinning their wheels, I would be concerned, but every update has had appreciable feature and quality of life upgrades. The game is progressing towards their goals and I'm generally pleased with the outcomes.

As a gameplay overview:

I shot Parsifal with a railgun from 250 meters away while on one of Hurston's moons while he was dressed up in what was essentially a Hello Kitty outfit. I once boarded Parsifal's ship and he killed me by setting the self destruct and ejecting from the ship so I couldn't turn it off. Parsifal, Anastas and myself all got wiped by NPCs while in a bunker because Anastas fired a round that alerted them all to our presence and we didn't take cover. Anastas won out against Parsifal in a land fight because they were in a cave, Parsifal tried to use his sniper rifle and Anastas blasted him with a shotgun. It's not a bad game, just an unfinished one.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:46:33 AM by Rushy »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 25, 2019, 03:01:14 PM »
the idea of exploring another system in 2025 is exciting
Is this irony or a joke I'm not part of?

It reads as though you are happy to wait 6 years for level 2 to be added to the game.

I shot Parsifal with a railgun from 250 meters away while on one of Hurston's moons while he was dressed up in what was essentially a Hello Kitty outfit.
Bloody pervert. A railgun death is too good for him.  >:(

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 25, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »
It reads as though you are happy to wait 6 years for level 2 to be added to the game.

Star Citizen is not a game, it is a multi-user virtual environment. It doesn't have points or scores, it doesn't have winners or losers.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2019, 01:01:41 AM »

Star Citizen is not a game, it is a multi-user virtual environment. It doesn't have points or scores, it doesn't have winners or losers.
*Continues* You aren't simply playing Star Citizen, you are a Star Citizen~
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2019, 01:53:37 AM »

The planned released for the next system is in 2020. The last planet of the current system releases next month (supposedly) so the next system coming next year as planned is entirely plausible. Hopefully they're not lying that the planets/systems will release more quickly now.

Bloody pervert. A railgun death is too good for him.  >:(

I've also killed Parsifal by:
  • Punching him in the face exactly one time.
  • Welding his head.
  • Landed a Hammerhead (~100m ship) on a rover he was driving.
  • Shot him with a Constellation.
  • Shot him with a Cutlass.
  • And probably more I can't think of at the moment.

And, it doesn't really count as me killing him, but I did get to watch as he took his helmet off on a moon that has the same atmospheric pressure as Earth. The problem being that the atmosphere was almost entirely SO2. He suffocated to death. A lesson to check both the pressure gauge AND the atmospheric contents gauge before removing your helmet.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:02:31 AM by Rushy »