Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Post Your Favorite NASA ISS Fails
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »
A Group Project: Create a catalogue of NASA's ISS slip-ups and flubs. We will go through and make a Wiki page out of the best of them. Please point out a specific event rather than linking a 2 hour video. A title and description of the event for porting to the Wiki would be appreciated.

I will start:

Astronaut Accidentally Admits That They Are Filming on US Soil

In a live interview from "space" Chris Cassidy accidentally admits that the astronauts are filming from the USA. Watch the following video at the 28 second mark for about 1 minute for context and decide for yourself what Cassidy is talking about.

Cassidy says: "...and all of that happened in a little town called York, Maine, which is across the United States from where we are talking to you right now."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:52:46 PM by Tom Bishop »

Earthman

Re: Post Your Favorite ISS Fails
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:47:50 AM »
Tom, thank you for starting this project.

Can the videos include astronauts on ISS and on Earth inadvertently admitting "we have nor been beyond low earth orbit" and admitting they have never been pass the Van Allen Radiation Belts.? 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:59:13 AM by Earthman »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Favorite ISS Fails
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:23:44 AM »
My guess it that he's talking about his high school experience in York, Maine, which is across the US from Riverside, California from where the caller was calling from.  Sometimes people aren't as precise with their words as they could be when they're doing informal interviews and don't expect their every word to be disceted.

You should consider starting the "Lets Make Excuses and Special Plead for NASA" thread, markjo. I am asking for users to post their favorite ISS fails.

Quote from: Earthman
Tom, thank you for starting this project.

Can the videos include astronauts on ISS and on Earth inadvertently admitting "we have nor been beyond low earth orbit" and admitting they have never been pass the Van Allen Radiation Belts.?

Sure, the videos can have any content to them. Just point out which sections to look at. I am planning to go through them and make gif animations, since it wouldn't look that great if it was just a series of 10 videos in a vertical row. I wasn't going to post long video clips to the Wiki. I'll also post a draft of the Wiki page to the Projects Forum before submitting to the Wiki.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:32:57 AM by Tom Bishop »

Earthman

Re: Post Your Favorite NASA ISS Fails
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 01:55:41 AM »
This is a short video.  2:30  It’s a live feed of 4 astronauts in ISS.

At 15 seconds an astronauts begins a back flip after someone asked “is this a hoax? are you really in space?” 

At 18 seconds midway through the back flip the astronaut behind him reaches up and moves a masked wire.

As the flip continues the astronaut is moving to the left and the astronaut on the right reaches over at 1:09 and grabs another masked wire near the waste of the flipper and pulls it towards him. You can see a tug on the pants, but its not where the hand was placed.  Both astronauts are seen coming together because of the grab.

The masked wires are nothing new, Hollywood does it all the time.

Also check out the woman’s hair. It’s stiff as a board. 

Nasa Hoax Absolute Proof of Harness Wires

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:20:27 PM by Earthman »

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 02:10:10 AM »
There's some dodgy stuff going on up there, no doubt about that.

I believe the earth is most likely a sphere but I'll call BS when I see it. This is BS.

Pure coincidence.
Naturally.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 03:03:22 AM »

At 15 seconds an astronauts begins a back flip after someone asked “is this a hoax? are you really in space?” 

At 18 seconds midway through the back flip the astronaut behind him reaches up and moves an unseen wire.

As the flip continues the astronaut is moving to the left and the astronaut on the right reaches over at 1:09 and grabs another unseen wire near the waste of the flipper and pulls it towards him. You can see a tug on the pants, but its not where the hand was placed.  Both astronauts are seen coming together because of the grab.

The unseen wires are masked with Hollywood camera tricks.

How do we know they reach for an unseen wire and not, for example, an unseen teapot?

What reliable method can we use to differentiate between unseen objects?
Where does Earth Not a Globe say that all beliefs contrary to the Scriptures are necessarily wrong?  ???

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 03:15:43 AM »
Pure coincidence
Naturally.

Post yfw Nasa forgets how old they think the universe is.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 03:29:01 AM »
Thank you. The wire stuff seems pretty damning. Here are some more pure coincidences:

Astronauts on ISS Spacewalks Push Objects at a Distance

The following video shows astronauts on spacewalks pushing objects just before touching them, suggesting that the scenes are being filmed in an underwater set. See these two examples at the 5:20 mark:

Bodies are moving before being touched, which is difficult to explain. The entire video is worth watching as well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:42:09 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:18:35 AM »
I'll watch that when I get home Tom, it sounds interesting.

Earthman

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
Thank you. The wire stuff seems pretty damning. Here are some more pure coincidences:

The following video shows astronauts on spacewalks pushing objects just before touching them, suggesting that the scenes are being filmed in an underwater set. See these two examples at the 5:20 mark:

Bodies are moving before being touched, which is difficult to explain. The entire video is worth watching as well.

I missed that one. Nice. I have added that one to my list.

At 6 seconds into this video there is a satellite deployment from the Space shuttle. It appears all of this is no more than a toy model.  A man’s face is seen moving around in space behind the space shuttle.

At 2:23 - NASA is caught using a blue screen on ISS.

At 2:50 – Astronaut is caught using a harness. But this time it’s clearly seen.

The video is full of a history of NASA blunders. Enjoy.

NASA Bloopers, Blunders & Gaffes - Is Anyone Even In Space?

Earthman

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 03:41:21 PM »

At 18 seconds midway through the back flip the astronaut behind him reaches up and moves an unseen wire.

As the flip continues the astronaut is moving to the left and the astronaut on the right reaches over at 1:09 and grabs another unseen wire near the waste of the flipper and pulls it towards him. You can see a tug on the pants, but its not where the hand was placed.  Both astronauts are seen coming together because of the grab.

The unseen wires are masked with Hollywood camera tricks.

How do we know they reach for an unseen wire and not, for example, an unseen teapot?

What reliable method can we use to differentiate between unseen objects?

The word "Masked" (as in covered up ) would have been a better choice.

The movie "Gravity" used wires too but they could not be seen, because they were covered up.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »

The movie "Gravity" used wires too but they could not be seen, because they were covered up.

I'm not picking on the words. How do you differentiate between masked objects?

That some movies use wires doesn't mean it's the only thing that can be edited out.
Where does Earth Not a Globe say that all beliefs contrary to the Scriptures are necessarily wrong?  ???

Earthman

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 04:24:41 PM »

I'm not picking on the words. How do you differentiate between masked objects?

That some movies use wires doesn't mean it's the only thing that can be edited out.

You should consider starting the "Lets Make Excuses and Special Plead for NASA" thread.

I was just trying to clarify my post.

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
You should consider starting the "Lets Make Excuses and Special Plead for NASA" thread.

I was just trying to clarify my post.

But you're still not answering my question.

A forgery can be very difficult to identify. Once a picture or video is published, there's just no way of telling how it was done for sure. That's how UFOlogists, cryptozoologists, and other truth seekers hold on their photographic evidence for so long.

Authors have sometimes admitted to faking their picture or video, but decades after their release. Even a serious study can fail to debunk with absolute certitude a well made fake. That's just a sad reality.

Here, the forgery seems as easy to prove as merely saying it. The strap moves so there's really water around it. A hand moves in the air so it's really grabbing a cable.

Both don't seem to me like the only explanations for a strap or a hand moving. What's the method to identify those suspicious moves with certitude?

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 08:37:47 PM »

The astronaut is warping the space time around that strap.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »
Since there are already others commenting on the video, I will also take the liberties to do so, even though it should actually be done elsewhere.  This video actually is represented as 'fake', but just go to 9:21 on the video and you will see what the 'real' story is.  It looks to me like the original video was of a NASA rehearsal in a pool.  You can see the divers messing with something in the background for a couple of seconds, and then a little later for a couple of seconds more.  Then the background is altered and the divers are blocked out.  Do you really think that NASA was doing the alterations of the video and trying to pass it off as a procedure done in space?  You really think that they are that incompetent?  Any video can be altered by anyone to suit their agenda and then use it as evidence to support their point.  There is no real point in posting any videos under these circumstances. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 10:50:31 PM »
This one is kind of fun. They try to fake time delays and then forget they are supposed to count to 11 before they react to anything.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 12:18:07 AM »
Since there are already others commenting on the video, I will also take the liberties to do so, even though it should actually be done elsewhere.  This video actually is represented as 'fake', but just go to 9:21 on the video and you will see what the 'real' story is.  It looks to me like the original video was of a NASA rehearsal in a pool.  You can see the divers messing with something in the background for a couple of seconds, and then a little later for a couple of seconds more.  Then the background is altered and the divers are blocked out.  Do you really think that NASA was doing the alterations of the video and trying to pass it off as a procedure done in space?  You really think that they are that incompetent?  Any video can be altered by anyone to suit their agenda and then use it as evidence to support their point.  There is no real point in posting any videos under these circumstances.
This argument assumes that all of the footage in the debunking video was taken from the same source.  It seems, however, to be a compilation of footage from various sources.  The part at around 9:21 that you are referring to is presented by the narrator as being a demonstration as to how "easy it is to fake", meaning the maker of the video presumably understood that that particular footage was never presented as being authentic space footage or that it was otherwise modified (ie: the Youtuber swapped in the pool background to make his point.) I agree that the actual sources used should be cited in order to verify whether or not the footage in question was ever claimed to be real space footage by NASA or any other organization.

Edit:  At 9:21 the pool background was obviously edited in by the video maker not to deceive but to show how easy it is to fake.  Look at 9:34, there is a youtube video time bar that can only be seen in the background pool layer.  Your point is entirely moot.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:37:34 AM by George Jetson »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 03:42:03 AM »
The footage from the video is from actual space walks, not pool training videos. The second example comes from a 11 hour video. See the 3:06:54 mark:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:44:13 AM by Tom Bishop »

Earthman

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 04:31:16 AM »
After more than 45 years and billions and billions of tax payers money NASA says.....

At 3 :10 Nasa Says we must solve the problems of the Van Allen Belt region before we send man into space.

At 3:45 Astronaut says this is the beginning of human beings leaving low earth orbit.

At 4:25 Astronaut says ; Right now we can only fly in earths low orbit. That’s the farthest we can go.

At  5:41 Astronaut says ; We don’t have the technology to go to the moon. We destroyed it and it’s a painful process to build it back again.

NASA ADMITS WE NEVER WENT TO THE MOON