Offline i80games

• Check us out on social media at @i80games
    • View Profile
Question on ORBIT.
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:27:11 PM »
At i80 Games we, like thousands of other people, follow the Flat Earth Theory to find possible evidence of a flat earth. There are so many questions that leave us wondering what NASA is hiding from us.

Rockets and space shuttles launched by NASA do not fly straight up. Instead, they curve to the left or right towards the ocean until you can't see them anymore. Is NASA purposely avoiding a dome? Wouldn't going straight up be the quickest way into orbit?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:29:05 PM by i80games »

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
Re: Question on ORBIT.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:09:08 PM »
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:25 PM »

Refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. If you have a point to make, try arguing it. Warned.

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 08:17:40 PM »
I do apologize junker. It's a clickable link.

The TL;DR version:
Using gravity and Earth's rotation, they utilize the forces to use the minimal amount of fuel to achieve orbit.
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 08:35:05 PM »
I do apologize junker. It's a clickable link.

The TL;DR version:
Using gravity and Earth's rotation, they utilize the forces to use the minimal amount of fuel to achieve orbit.

Yeah. If they went straight up, their tangential velocity would not be high enough to keep them in orbit. If they went nearly straight to the side, they would waste a lot of fuel on air friction. They have to balance the angle so that they reach the altitude they want at the speed that altitude requires (taking into account the friction energy they lost).
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.