What happens when the ice wall melts?
« on: November 22, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »
Hello folks:

I'm obviously a roundearther myself, so far, but I am open to hearing what the flat earther's believe and their arguments. I could be swayed! There are some pretty good arguments in the FAQs.

That being said, one of the first things I wanted to ask is: What happens if (or maybe when) our oceans warm enough to melt Antarctic ice caps (or the "ice wall")? I did find a thread here that mentioned how the ice wall isn't made of just ice (https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=2146.msg54441#msg54441), but curious if anyone could expand upon that.

Thanks for the time. I am looking forward to some stimulating debate!

- RoundEarther1

Re: What happens when the ice wall melts?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »
Expected FE response: If they can fake the space program, how much easier is it to fake this "global warming" hoax?

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:56:26 PM »
I do believe the FE view of the ice wall is that it is roughly 150 ft tall and infinitely thick. Under the ice is actual rocks, but the lack of sunlight beyond the ice wall allows for an infinite plane of ice/rocks.
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »
I do believe the FE view of the ice wall is that it is roughly 150 ft tall and infinitely thick. Under the ice is actual rocks, but the lack of sunlight beyond the ice wall allows for an infinite plane of ice/rocks.
I don't think they claim infinite thickness. That would cause a problem with universal acceleration requiring infinite energy.

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »
I don't think they claim infinite thickness. That would cause a problem with universal acceleration requiring infinite energy.

But not the effects of gravity on an infinite plane.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

;)

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 10:17:38 PM »

The problem with "lack of sunlight" beyond the ice wall is that it would get colder and colder the further away from the sun you went.

At some point it would be cold enough to turn the air into a liquid - then to freeze it solid.

But if the air froze solid - there would be a vacuum above it - into which air from the warmer regions would rush.    It too would freeze.    Within no much time, there would be supersonic winds rushing out over the ice wall - and within a very short time (days - not years) the air where we're living would all be gone.  With no air pressure, the oceans would start to boil - and the water vapor would also rush out over the ice wall and freeze.    Pretty soon, all life on Earth would be dead - there would be no air or water of any kind.

Since this CLEARLY hasn't happened - we must presume that the ice-wall malarky is nonsense.   A true flat Earth would need 100 mile high walls around the edges to contain the atmosphere.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 10:24:15 PM »

The problem with "lack of sunlight" beyond the ice wall is that it would get colder and colder the further away from the sun you went.

At some point it would be cold enough to turn the air into a liquid - then to freeze it solid.

But if the air froze solid - there would be a vacuum above it - into which air from the warmer regions would rush.    It too would freeze.    Within no much time, there would be supersonic winds rushing out over the ice wall - and within a very short time (days - not years) the air where we're living would all be gone.  With no air pressure, the oceans would start to boil - and the water vapor would also rush out over the ice wall and freeze.    Pretty soon, all life on Earth would be dead - there would be no air or water of any kind.

Since this CLEARLY hasn't happened - we must presume that the ice-wall malarky is nonsense.   A true flat Earth would need 100 mile high walls around the edges to contain the atmosphere.
But if the air is held in place via the firmament, it's possible.

;)

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »

But if the air is held in place via the firmament, it's possible.

I suppose so.  But that introduces many other problems.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?