I have a few opinionated questions:

1. What are your favorite scientists/philosophers?

2. What are your thoughts about Christopher Columbus and Columbus Day? Is this a day to celebrate brain-washing?

3. What needs to happen such that everyone will believe the Flat Earth Model? Does there need to be picture proof or perhaps some revelation?

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts about scientists and Christopher Columbus?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:48:10 AM »
Plato and Pythagoras

2. What are your thoughts about Christopher Columbus and Columbus Day? Is this a day to celebrate brain-washing?

Columbus believed the Earth was a pear.

3. What needs to happen such that everyone will believe the Flat Earth Model? Does there need to be picture proof or perhaps some revelation?
For starters, a map that has merit and correlates to what is naturally observed.
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:49:24 AM »
Ahh great, I like doing these cause its all about me.

1. Who are your fave scientists / philosophers?
    Francis Bacon / Meister Eckhart

2. What are your thoughts about Christopher Columbus and Columbus Day?
    Tell me your thoughts first, and I'll see if I agree

3. What needs to happen for everyone to believe in FET?
    God needs to remove the strong delusion, this most likely will never happen.
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »

1 Dr Bunsen Honeydew & Beaker/ Friedrich Nietzsche “We have to be careful that in throwing out the devil, we don't throw out the best part of ourselves.”

2 An abomination, should be Leif Erikson Day.

3 The “freedom” of US “democracy” prevails and the internet becomes our educator
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
1. Who are your fave scientists / philosophers?
    Richard Feynmann is "my fave scientist" - I believe that all philosophers are a waste of quarks...so no favorites at all there!

2. What are your thoughts about Christopher Columbus and Columbus Day?
    We should be honoring Leif Erikson (the first European to discover America) and not "Christopher Columbus"...who's name was Cristoforo Colombo.  If we're going go to all the trouble to name a day after him, it would have been nice if we could at least spell it correctly!  The archeological evidence is VERY clear that there were Viking colonies in North America 300 years before Colombo got there.  Colombo was an idiot.  There was PLENTY of knowledge around at the time that his trip to reach Japan would require a 20,000km voyage - but he only had supplies for a 3,500km voyage - so it's just as well he hit America first!  Many of the people who agreed to fund his trip knew the true distance and that he couldn't make it with the ship technology of the day.   Even after four trips to the Americas - and despite mountains of evidence and expert opinions - Colombo STILL believed he'd reached Asia.

It's ridiculous to keep up the farce that "Columbus discovered America"  or that he was some hero...it's nearly as bad as the nonsense that's said about Thanksgiving.

3. What needs to happen for everyone to believe in FET?
    I don't see how this is even remotely possible.  There is simply too much evidence against it and zero for it.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

devils advocate

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 09:38:11 PM »
1) Richard Dawkins, Charles Darwin
2) Silly, America was discovered tens of thousands of years ago by folks that bloody walked there from Africa
3) Full frontal lobotomy of entire human race and a BIG bag of weed each

Offline /

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 02:49:15 AM »

Peter Lankton and Thomas Cruise

It's a day to celebrate the slaughter of millions of native americans

Pictures are scams and are products of the government.
;)

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »
Clearly Columbus proved to a wide-eyed world that had up until that moment in history believed the Earth was flat that it's actually round, I mean, we all learned that in school right so it must be true.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 05:22:51 PM »

Peter Lankton and Thomas Cruise

It's a day to celebrate the slaughter of millions of native americans

Pictures are scams and are products of the government.
;)

Refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 05:34:46 PM »
Clearly Columbus proved to a wide-eyed world that had up until that moment in history believed the Earth was flat that it's actually round, I mean, we all learned that in school right so it must be true.

Columbus didn't believe the Earth was round, he believed it to be pear shaped while the rest of the world believed the Earth to be round.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

;)

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »

Actually, this is a myth. People of the time thought the Earth was round. In fact, the earliest proof of the Earth's roundness came 2,000 years prior to Columbus. It wasn't until Washington Irving, who also wrote 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow', wrote 'Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus' in 1828 that he added the flat Earth bit. C.C was trying to find new trade routes, which is what I learned in school.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 07:48:13 PM »
Columbus didn't believe the Earth was round
Actually, this is a myth.
So, I don't want to speak with too much confidence here, but I strongly suspect Roundy wasn't entirely serious when he wrote his post.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 07:56:58 PM »
So, I don't want to speak with too much confidence here, but I strongly suspect Roundy wasn't entirely serious when he wrote his post.
Poe's Law takes another two victims. On the bright side, I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance!

For the record, the history and how it's celebrated all around the world (what?) is fascinating though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day Truthfully never thought much about the day before. It is one of those interesting lessons in 'two sides to history' though isn't it?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 09:43:45 PM »

Re-reading his post, I think you may be right. Apologies if that is the case.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »
I knew his post was of the sarcastic variety, I was merely providing a statement-of-fact.

;)