Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Airplanes lit from below
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
Yes, you've shared this video before. But that doesn't change light. The sun will never go below an 8.5 degree angle from the observer. Fact. Light travels in a straight line. Fact. Ergo, light can never come at you from an angle of less than 8.5 degrees. Perspective is a visual trick of the eyes, as I showed you with your wiki's own example of flat Kansas. The ground still appears to rise to eye level right? Parallel lines converging in the distance is a visual illusion. They never converge, because they are parallel. The ground rising to eye level in the distance is a visual illusion (assuming a flat ground) as the ground doesn't actually rise to that level. The sun sinking below the horizon due to perspective, is a visual illusion on a FE. But the measured rays of light, cannot go below an angle of 8.5 degrees (more like 15 degrees for any reasonable approximation of Earth's size).

How do you know that it's an illusion that the perspective lines converge and that they do not really converge? Is it because you said the word "Fact."?

Tom, what causes the Sun and Moon to look larger when they are on the horizon? Wouldn't your interpretation of perspective preclude this? Also, I would appreciate your comments on my previous post as I do feel they point out some very obvious problems with how you try to use perspective to explain the setting of the Sun.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:54 PM »
Yes, you've shared this video before. But that doesn't change light. The sun will never go below an 8.5 degree angle from the observer. Fact. Light travels in a straight line. Fact. Ergo, light can never come at you from an angle of less than 8.5 degrees. Perspective is a visual trick of the eyes, as I showed you with your wiki's own example of flat Kansas. The ground still appears to rise to eye level right? Parallel lines converging in the distance is a visual illusion. They never converge, because they are parallel. The ground rising to eye level in the distance is a visual illusion (assuming a flat ground) as the ground doesn't actually rise to that level. The sun sinking below the horizon due to perspective, is a visual illusion on a FE. But the measured rays of light, cannot go below an angle of 8.5 degrees (more like 15 degrees for any reasonable approximation of Earth's size).

How do you know that it's an illusion that the perspective lines converge and that they do not really converge? Is it because you said the word "Fact."?

Tom, what causes the Sun and Moon to look larger when they are on the horizon? Wouldn't your interpretation of perspective preclude this? Also, I would appreciate your comments on my previous post as I do feel they point out some very obvious problems with how you try to use perspective to explain the setting of the Sun.
I think he's abandoned this thread like a few others that are looking for information from him. It's a shame really, his responses are at least interesting problems to attempt to create solid debate responses to, even if it seems like him and Junker never actually read the entirety of what's posted.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 07:39:42 PM »

I think he's abandoned this thread like a few others that are looking for information from him. It's a shame really, his responses are at least interesting problems to attempt to create solid debate responses to, even if it seems like him and Junker never actually read the entirety of what's posted.

It certainly is frustrating. This is a topic where we can actually prove FET wrong with simple observation of the morning and night sky, but they refuse to tackle the subject. I guess thinking the Earth is flat is more appealing than living in reality.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 06:56:37 AM »

In an editorial from the London Journal, July 18, 1857, one journalist describes the following from a hot-air balloon ascent:

Quote from: London Journal
The chief peculiarity of the view from a balloon at a considerable elevation was the altitude of the horizon, which remained practically on a level with the eye at an elevation of two miles, causing the surface of the earth to appear concave instead of convex, and to recede during the rapid ascent, whilst the horizon and the balloon seemed to be stationary.

During the rapid ascent in the balloon the author saw new and distant lands reveal themselves from the stationary horizon. The higher the balloon traveled in height, the further he saw. His perspective lines were constantly changing, revealing additional lands, while the balloon and the eye level horizon line remained stationary.

See my post about pinhole cameras.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6785.0

This nonsense about perspective is just that...nonsense.

PLEASE reply on the pinhole camera thread.   Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:01:42 AM by 3DGeek »
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?