Offline howardtheduck

• Flat Earth Truther; don't believe the lies.
    • View Profile
What is most likely the correct model of the Flat Earth?
« on: May 26, 2017, 03:21:06 PM »
So it seems there are plenty of different ideas of the shape of the earth and what surrounds it.

I've seen sources claiming it's flat or that it's a kind of bowl shape.

Some people believe in the firmament, while others disagree.

Is there an ice wall or aether surrounding the planet?

Some claim there are lands beyond the known Earth, while others think there is a defnitive edge.

What I wanna know is what are the most likely theories. Obviously a lot of them are speculative, some are based on math and observations.

But they can't all be true. So which is most likely, and why?
"The eye only sees what the mind is able to comprehend" Henri Bergson

geckothegeek

Re: What is most likely the correct model of the Flat Earth?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »
So it seems there are plenty of different ideas of the shape of the earth and what surrounds it.

Some claim there are lands beyond the known Earth, while others think there is a defnitive edge.

What I wanna know is what are the most likely theories. Obviously a lot of them are speculative, some are based on math and observations.

It just depends on which FE you talk to.
Maybe Tom Bishop would be the most likely.
He seems to have an answer for every thing.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
The earth is most likely flat, because that is what is observed.

The earth most likely has two poles, because two poles have been observed.

The firmament most likely does not exist, because it has not been observed.

The earth is most likely endless, because it is seemingly endless. No end has been observed.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:09 AM »

The earth is most likely endless, because it is seemingly endless. No end has been observed.
You have a strange style of writing in statements, as if this give your words more authority...

In 2017 we have moved on from 'most likely'.

The earth has not been observed as flat.  We see the movement of the sun, measured distances, angle of the sun, satellites, GPS etc. as proof.

Offline howardtheduck

• Flat Earth Truther; don't believe the lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »

Thank you for your answers.

How does the two poles fit into the flat earth model, though?
Surely the South Pole, not being a singular fixed point, but rather the entire circumference of the planet, is then entirely different from the North?

And could the South pole not conceivably be the end? If we have seen nothing passed this, then it may mean there is nothign to see.
"The eye only sees what the mind is able to comprehend" Henri Bergson

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »

You have a strange style of writing in statements, as if this give your words more authority...

In 2017 we have moved on from 'most likely'.

The earth has not been observed as flat.  We see the movement of the sun, measured distances, angle of the sun, satellites, GPS etc. as proof.

In 2017 (as it has it always has been and has proven to be  for quite some time) it's not "most likely" - it's the shape of the earth "IS" a globe.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 07:18:06 PM »
I feel that the center of the earth is being held in a type of prison, with Antarctica being the prison bars. Perhaps the other lands and oceans beyond our confinement is where we get things like Atlantis and Lemuria from. Atlantis never sank but is being kept out of sight from the central earth society. The planet, or the globe model, is nothing more than something I would call the CES (Central Earth Society).

Maybe the edge of the earth in the far distant waters would make you pop back at the other side of the map? Kind of like what happens in video games. Lots of speculation. Who knows? The people of the CES are not meant to know (you and me).  ???

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »
I feel that the center of the earth is being held in a type of prison, with Antarctica being the prison bars. Perhaps the other lands and oceans beyond our confinement is where we get things like Atlantis and Lemuria from. Atlantis never sank but is being kept out of sight from the central earth society. The planet, or the globe model, is nothing more than something I would call the CES (Central Earth Society).

Maybe the edge of the earth in the far distant waters would make you pop back at the other side of the map? Kind of like what happens in video games. Lots of speculation. Who knows? The people of the CES are not meant to know (you and me).  ???

Everyone is entitled to their own fantasies. LOL.

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
I have asked this on another thread but have not received answers.

Is the flat earth the shape of the Unipolar or the Bipolar model ?
What is the diameter of either model ? (Ice rim to ice rim in Unipolar ? Edge to edge of the oceans in Bipolar ?)
I am interested in this in determining the circumference of the ice ring in the Unipolar model and the circumference of the outer edge of the oceans in the Bipolar model.

I have estimated the diameter of the Unipolar model is 25,000 miles and the circumference of the ice ring is 78,000 miles
Is this correct ? If, not, what are the correct figures ?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:34:37 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 10:11:36 PM »
People think if the earth is flat it either terminates shortly after the ice wall, or it never terminates, but it's possible it has an edge, it's just millions of miles away from the ice wall, and the earth has several, whatever you want to call them, pond worlds, each with its own sun(s) or gigantic hydrothermal vent(s)/volcano(es) that melt the otherwise seemingly ubiquitous ice into water, making life possible.
Even if there is an edge, is that all there is?
What's beyond the edge, another disk earth, something else?
What's below it, nothingness, or perhaps the edge is more like a gigantic cliff, with ground, water or something below, it may be so distant and so dark there, that you can't even see what's below or beyond the precipice.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:01:20 PM by Antithecystem »

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 10:46:21 PM »
People think if the earth is flat it either terminates shortly after the ice wall, or it never terminates, but it's possible it has an edge, it's just millions of miles away from the ice wall, and several, whatever you want to call them, pond worlds, each with its own sun(s) or gigantic hydrothermal vent(s)/volcano(es) that melt the otherwise seemingly ubiquitous ice into water, making life possible.
What's below it, nothingness, or perhaps the edge is more like a gigantic cliff, with ground, water or something below, it may be so distant and so dark there, that you can't even see what's below or beyond the precipice.

As I have noted on other thread , there is a quote (I believe it is from some of Rowbotham's writings ? This may not be the exact wording ? ) :
"Beyond the ice wall there  is eternal darkness, frigid temperatures, ice, snow, and howling winds."

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 11:17:23 PM »
Our pond world (by that I mean everything within the ice wall, the oceans, continents and islands below, and the sun, moon and stars above) might only be one of many, each one separated from one another by thousands or millions of miles of ice and snow, but perhaps one of the other ones is heated by a gigantic active volcano or volcanoes instead of a sun, dozens or hundreds of times bigger than Mount Everest.
The summit couldn't support life, perhaps even the base couldn't, or only extremophiles, but the lands near the base might.
It'd be so big, bright and hot, you could see it from hundreds or thousands of miles away, it'd light up the sky.
Another pond world might be heated underground, by hydrothermal vents.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 11:21:23 PM »
People think if the earth is flat it either terminates shortly after the ice wall, or it never terminates, but it's possible it has an edge, it's just millions of miles away from the ice wall, and several, whatever you want to call them, pond worlds, each with its own sun(s) or gigantic hydrothermal vent(s)/volcano(es) that melt the otherwise seemingly ubiquitous ice into water, making life possible.

As I have noted on other thread , there is a quote (I believe it is from some of Rowbotham's writings ? This may not be the exact wording ? ) :
"Beyond the ice wall there  is eternal darkness, frigid temperatures, ice, snow, and howling winds."
Yes if the earth is indeed flat, that much might be certain, but I doubt that's all there is in existence, probably a lot more gong on, perhaps infinitely more, other worlds on the infinite flat plane or flat planes, and perhaps things we don't even have words for, and can't imagine, different physical laws.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:23:23 PM by Antithecystem »

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 04:01:55 AM »

The right question to ask is, IMHO:  Is there any functional model of a flat Earth at all?

There absolutely is not, is the answer.

What you will find is a constant attempt by the curious (possible believer) to the skeptic (majority, it seems) to pin down ANY aspect of flat Earth theory that would be able to explain or predict, with equal accuracy, basic observable natural phenomenon or unquestioned, excepted public information.

You seem genuinely curious, but I would ask that you consider what I just said.  If the Earth were flat, shouldn't it be at least equally be able to explain what the "false" theory can?  Given the information and technology we have easy access to, at a minimum present a generic "functional" model?  Like it could explain:
When and where(direction)  the sun rises and sets?
Distances between ANY major locations?
Phases of the moon?
Times of solar/lunar eclipses and their nature?

All of which are 2 clicks away on google and check-able by the entire world to verify the Globe.  That's a bare minimum list.

By all means pursue your answer, but at least demand more than a picture to prove it.

Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 06:05:57 AM »

I think one of the appeals of the Flat Earth model is that none of the things you listed above are "settled". There is no real "settled science" when it comes to FE, so it is really up to us to figure these things out.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 11:27:38 PM »

I think one of the appeals of the Flat Earth model is that none of the things you listed above are "settled". There is no real "settled science" when it comes to FE, so it is really up to us to figure these things out.

Welcome, one place a lot of answers are coming out of is this thread.   Use of indisputable evidence.  Join in

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6633.0
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Hmmm

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:43 AM »
howardtheduck, i really wanna know whether there is a giant Tree of life(hidden) or a hole in the center! If it's a tree, how high it is? If it's a hole, how deep it is, and where it is going to?

Hmmm

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:15 AM »
howardtheduck,
Some claim there are lands beyond the known Earth
Antithecystem,
whatever you want to call them, pond worlds, each with its own sun(s) or gigantic hydrothermal vent(s)/volcano(es) that melt the otherwise seemingly ubiquitous ice into water, making life possible.
that's just sounds a lot like a variation of Vyacheslav Kotlyarov's Honeycomb Earth theory!!! But instead ponds they are called cells and honeycombs.

Tom Bishop, you sound kinda robotic, i think... just because something wasn't observed and proven doesn't exclude its existence. A good example is IR/UV. We don't see it with our eyes(some mentally sensitive people do...), but it was proven to exist. So maybe the same applies to the world!
two poles have been observed.
By whom?! When? Where are, at least, video, photographic evidences?

In 2017 (as it has it always has been and has proven to be  for quite some time) it's not "most likely" - it's the shape of the earth "IS" a globe.

geckothegeek, and where is the evidence, not the BULLSHIT evidence of official science we were endoctrinated with from the beginning of our childhood and are throughout life.

We see the movement of the sun, measured distances, angle of the sun, satellites, GPS etc. as proof.
inquisitive, do satellites even exist, because i haven't observed any AT ALL, have you personally seen them, with your own eyes?
There is a theory, which claims GPS is a large network of local cell towers.

Everyone is entitled to their own fantasies. LOL.
geckothegeek, what makes this reality less fantasy/illusion/dream/one big variable movie/simulation/complex hologram!

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 05:50:32 AM »
We know satellites exist because we use use them for broadcast reception and navigation every day.  See documents published by the industry on their operation.

Where are the results of tests to prove the theory of towers?

Hmmm

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »
We know satellites exist because we use use them for broadcast reception and navigation every day.  See documents published by the industry on their operation.
inquisitive, you speak for yourself! Broadcasting could be other sort of technology we are not aware of. We are being smartly lied to! There is a system deployed, that governs multiple systems of "human activity"(science, politics, religion, society, etc). One of the endoctrination parts is to make us think broadcasting is satellite-based.
The theory of cell towers is just a theory. I'm not convinced myself about it being truthful,  but it's a somewhat alternative to official bullshit theory.

Have you ever-ever seen satellites through any telescope or with your own bare eyes?! I haven't!