Re: Total Eclipse July 02 2019
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2019, 04:55:33 PM »
If you guys want to know how prediction of the eclipses work, open any astronomy textbook or consult any astronomy source on the topic. That's how it's predicted. It's all there. If you are curious about the details, look into it. It has nothing to do with the Wiki.
Here: http://eclipsewise.com/help/de405-predictions.html
The coordinates of the Sun used in these eclipse predictions have been calculated on the basis of the JPL DE405 solar system ephemeris. This ephemeris consists of computer representations of the positions, velocities and accelerations of major Solar System bodies, tabulated at equally spaced intervals of time, covering the span 1599 Dec 09 to 2201 Feb 20. Beginning in 2003, the JPL DE405 has been the basis of the Astronomical Almanac. See Jet Propulsion Laboratory Developmental Ephemeris for more information of the JPL ephemerides.
So not using the Saros cycle like you say it is.

It says that the model was only used to get the position of the sun, not to predict the eclipse.

Do some searching and you will find that JPL DE405 is based on perturbation prediction.
It models the positions of the Sun, the Moon, and every known planet, using Newtonian gravity, general relativity, and some tidal-force effects studied. This information is one link away from the page I linked.

You're intent on driving this "perturbation" point for every simulation that has ever been used, yet you very clearly either didn't actually do those searches you're talking about, or cherrypicked what you found. If you show me some sources and provide quotes for debate then I'll take the claim seriously.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2019, 08:06:16 PM »
Here the animation of what will be the July 2nd 2019 solar eclipse... large penumbra, small umbra.
Watch and learn

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 08:06:55 PM »
Those arcs in those paths are more distorted than the Northern map.

And ... so what?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2019, 12:40:52 AM »
If you guys want to know how prediction of the eclipses work, open any astronomy textbook or consult any astronomy source on the topic. That's how it is predicted. It's all there. If you are curious about the details, look into it. It has nothing to do with the Wiki.
That's nice! They also say the Earth is round in there. Should I read that as well?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2019, 04:27:42 PM »
Here's the path of the Jul 2019 one, centred on the point of maximum eclipse, not on the South Pole.

http://www.eclipsewise.com/solar/SEprime/2001-2100/SE2019Jul02Tprime.html
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2019, 05:15:07 PM »
If you guys want to know how prediction of the eclipses work, open any astronomy textbook or consult any astronomy source on the topic. That's how it is predicted. It's all there. If you are curious about the details, look into it. It has nothing to do with the Wiki.

I got really confused now.

1.) There is a real world where we live and observe things.
2.) There is a controversy about this world to be an oblate spheroid and related conspiracies, so Flat Earth Theory was created.
3.) Based on that (2), Flath Earth Society Forum was created.
4.) On this Forum (3) a Wiki was created to explain how this our real world (1) works based on 2.

So, according to Tom Bishop, when participants try to understand something from 1 on 2, they should NOT rely on 3 and 4 ??
If you really want to make some points on 2 upon educated and not ignorant people, it is better to be prepared to answer all kinds of questions on 4.
If when things got ugly, you say 4 is not the place for answers, what the purpose of 4 (and 3) anyway?