Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
2019 Total Lunar Eclipse
« on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:05 AM »
In 4 hours, the blood moon eclipse will reach totality in NA, SA, Greenland, Iceland, and the UK.  If you're in one of these locations, let's try to take photos if we have a clear sky above us.

It will begin around 11:41 p.m. ET on Jan. 20 and peak around 12:16 a.m. ET on Jan. 21.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

Jimmy McGill

Re: 2019 Total Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:53:43 AM »
Lunar eclipse doesn’t have a flat earth explanation. Let’s hope that changes after tonight. Maybe we can gather some data.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 02:01:18 AM »
If you do watch the eclipse, take note of whether it comes from the East or the West on the moon's surface. Sometimes it runs contrary to RET.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:03:01 AM by Tom Bishop »

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 02:12:07 AM »
If you do watch the eclipse, take note of whether it comes from the East or the West on the moon's surface. Sometimes it runs contrary to RET.

Source?

Offline Bad Puppy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 02:18:39 AM »
timeanddate will be streaming it live as well.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:51:28 AM by Bad Puppy »

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 02:34:02 AM »
In hindsight... China should have landed on the near side of the moon to film the lunar eclipse from the moons perspective, lol.

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:15 AM »
Apparently, I dont have the right equipment for doing night time photos of astronomical objects. However, my observations 10:45pm EST in Indianapolis, Indiana, show me that the eclipse is coming on in the bottom side (East?) of my view of the moon as I am facing SE 120 degrees (according to the compass on my phone).

I was able to take some crappy photos with my phone through the lens of my telescope. (Don't make fun of me, lol, my budget is spent on children).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:56:30 AM by WellRoundedIndividual »
BobLawBlah.

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 03:59:48 AM »
The shadow is growing...

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 04:05:54 AM »
Apparently, I dont have the right equipment for doing night time photos of astronomical objects. However, my observations 10:45pm EST in Indianapolis, Indiana, show me that the eclipse is coming on in the bottom side (East?) of my view of the moon as I am facing SE 120 degrees (according to the compass on my phone).

I was able to take some crappy photos with my phone through the lens of my telescope. (Don't make fun of me, lol, my budget is spent on children).

I’m getting similar results. I’m about 4 hours southeast of you.
I’m in no position for a true experiment, as I’m at work, but it seems when I’m facing southeast at 140° the shadow is at the bottom. 11pm.

EDIT
Moon is almost half covered.

EDIT EDIT
Around 10:45 is was in fact more in line with 120°

EDITx3 11:20pm 150°
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:22:04 AM by Jimmy McGill »

Offline Bad Puppy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 04:27:24 AM »
Moon is almost completely in Earth's shadow right now.  Moon on my s/e at approximately 150 degrees.  Coming in from bottom left.  I'll up pics later.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 04:30:10 AM »

Source?
This is a misunderstanding on Tom's part. A number of us attempted to explain how it works, but I'm not sure he ever understood it or not. As of his last post in that thread he continued to state he didn't.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 04:51:16 AM »
According to FE theory there should be some other body covering the moon right now.  If that's the case then that mysterious body should be directly above the earth somewhere and be fully lit by the sun.
It should be fully visible somewhere on the earth.  Just where is it?  who can see it?
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 05:04:52 AM »
The Moon is almost completely dark on my W (271°).

EDIT: The shadow is moving from my left to my right.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:10:26 AM by Stagiri »
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 05:27:20 AM »

Source?
This is a misunderstanding on Tom's part. A number of us attempted to explain how it works, but I'm not sure he ever understood it or not. As of his last post in that thread he continued to state he didn't.

Yeah, I just asked for the source because I knew Tom didn’t understand what he was trying to debunk. I’m not entirely sure how it works either, but I know it’s more complex than just east/west. The reason we don’t have a lunar eclipse all the time is because it orbits the earth on a different plane than the earth orbits the sun. Or something like that. I don’t know I’m kinda drunk I’ll get back to you in the morning lol

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »

It all started off quite well for me here, but after this the clouds rolled in and that was the last I saw. Missed the whole blood moon thing altogether.

shootingstar

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »
The reason we don’t have a lunar eclipse all the time is because it orbits the earth on a different plane than the earth orbits the sun

That is right. The Moons orbit around Earth is inclined to the Earths orbit around the Sun by 5 degrees. Most months the full Moon passes either north or south of the extent of the Earths shadow.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 11:00:53 AM »
It all started off quite well for me here, but after this the clouds rolled in and that was the last I saw. Missed the whole blood moon thing altogether.
Yes. Bastard clouds. I got a couple of photos (not as good as those) when the shadow started to go across but then the clouds obscured the rest :(
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 12:05:05 PM »
Yes. Bastard clouds. I got a couple of photos (not as good as those) when the shadow started to go across but then the clouds obscured the rest :(

And to add insult to injury - hardly a cloud in the sky now of course. Argh!

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 01:11:31 PM »

And to add insult to injury - hardly a cloud in the sky now of course. Argh!
Yes, it did this last time. Lovely clear night skies for days, then we had an eclipse and it was completely covered in cloud :(
Interested by this quote from this Wiki page:

The Sun's light is powerful enough to shine through the outer layers of the Shadow Object, just as a flashlight is powerful enough to shine through your hand when you put it right up against your palm.
https://wiki.tfes.org/Why_the_Lunar_Eclipse_is_Red

The reason your hand looks red when you shine a torch through it is because there's blood in your hands and blood is red. The reason in the real world why the lunar eclipse is red is because of the way light filters through the atmosphere and hits the moon, the same reason sunsets are red. I'm not clear what FE think is in the shadow object which causes the red effect.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 06:16:24 PM »

When was it confirmed to do this?

Do you mean true E/W in lunar geography, or a notional North=up, South=down, West=left, East=right for a particular observer?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?