I found this interesting project:

What they did was they made 24 hours of video of people around the world calling in on a video call and showing their sunrise, sunset, and possibly solar noon times, as well as observations of sun elevation (and thus latitude).

I'm curious if anybody has gone through the data and tabulated it?

Some people are looking for evidence of 12 hour long (roughly, remember the definition of sunrise and sunset favors daytime) day/night split on the equinox, and I thought this might be useful to think about.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
Re: Observations of sunrise/sunset on the equinox made by flat earthers...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 04:18:53 AM »
You probably should reply here where the evidence was requested and leave a PM for Tom Bishop.
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

devils advocate

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »

Some people are looking for evidence of 12 hour long (roughly, remember the definition of sunrise and sunset favors daytime) day/night split on the equinox, and I thought this might be useful to think about.

Watcha Douglips, yeah this looks pretty watertight....to us but I'm Tom will disregard it, as he does with any evidence that goes against his belief. There is a veritable mountain of evidence being gathered to prove that we KNOW the exact times of sun sets and rises, mutually supported from many sources-your solar panels, numerous websites and personal testimonies. All of these are aligned with the round earth we know and ask some very serious questions of the flat earth being proposed, questions that cannot be answered.  :'(

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
There does not seem to be a write up of these observations. Please do an appropriate write up and show appropriate conclusions rather than linking us to a 6 hour long video and telling us to go investigate.

It appears that you took this from a Flat Earth youtube channel. Several of these people seem to be arguing that the earth is flat that the sun does not behave as expected. A full write up would be helpful.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »
There does not seem to be a write up of these observations. Please do an appropriate write up and show appropriate conclusions rather than linking us to a 6 hour long video and telling us to go investigate.

It appears that you took this from a Flat Earth youtube channel. Several of these people seem to be arguing that the earth is flat that the sun does not behave as expected. A full write up would be helpful.

Come on, Tom, you know these folks refuse to do their own work. They will incessantly insist they we tell them everything so they don’t have to actually do anything on their own.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 09:09:25 PM »

Come on, Tom, you know these folks refuse to do their own work. They will incessantly insist they we tell them everything so they don’t have to actually do anything on their own.
Similarly, any requests to validate the data on timeanddate.com result in silence here.  Tom?

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 12:02:41 AM »

The reason I posted this in Flat Earth Q&A was to ask if anyone had done this write up or not. I did not claim that anybody owes me such a writeup, I just thought if someone else had already done it it would be convenient.

And yes, this was specifically to gather evidence for that other thread. I'm trying to gather evidence and once again you pop up and ask me to gather evidence despite the fact that that's what i'm trying to do.  I didn't put this in the other thread and PM you to come look at it, you chose to come here to this thread.

If asking for further details on some flat-earth related topic is not appropriate for Flat Earth Q&A, then I'm sure junker will let me know and I'll happily apologize. It just seemed pretty relevant - "Here's some flat earthers gathering data, anybody know more about it?"

I did in fact take this from a flat earth channel - because I thought you might find data more amenable if it came from people who don't get a fat monthly check from Big Oblate Spheroid have a predisposition to believe the earth is round.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 12:06:49 AM »

How does this not qualify as a low content post?

Please show a single time I've asked for you to do my work for me. I've posted things which Tom Bishop has responded to intelligently and to which I or others owe a response, and I then went away to think about it. I don't immediately respond with tauntings like some others (flat or round) do.

In fact, I think I'll make another thread to try to gather the various things I owe Tom, because they are very interesting to think about from either the zetetic or scientific perspective.