Offline spank86

• View Profile
Re: Drugs should be legal.
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »
That may not be the case if drugs were legalized and their production were regulated.

Good point.

I think generally I come down on the should be legalised side, but not on the should be legalised tomorrow, more should be first studied properly then legalised and controlled.

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
They have been doing studies.  Haven't you heard that marijuana is the greatest evil on Earth and that if it were legalized the crime rate would sky rocket and productivity would approach 0?

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »
They have been doing studies.  Haven't you heard that marijuana is the greatest evil on Earth and that if it were legalized the crime rate would sky rocket and productivity would approach 0?

thats not so much a study as retarded scaremongering

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

The truth is scary.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:31 PM »

so are horror stories.
The truth is scary.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »
I'm not the most informed person about this, but from what I can tell, pot is a whole lot less dangerous than nicotine or alcohol. If the growing movement to legalize drugs gains more support, I still wouldn't support anything except pot, which is the only thing most people are campaigning for anyway. As far as it ruining people's life, there are plenty of legal things that already do that (alcohol, cigarettes, gambling), so I don't really see that as a valid reason against it.
Is this a joke? Pot like cocane KILLS YOU and overdose and im pretey sure that you smoke pot (or it was weed or marajuana im not reley sure wich 1) which would give you CANSER!!!!!!!!!!! And im vary consistint in this mater as I think alcahol and smoking should be ilegel to maybe even gambeling
Please ignore EJ in this thread unless he backs up a claim even a little. :'(
I can back up my claims (I prefer to call them truths and facts) fuley thank you vary much !
Please ignore EJ in all threads unless he backs up a claim a little.
*sigh*
MILIONS of people die evereyday cuz of drugs!!!

prove it

Boom

Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 12:38:48 AM »
Millions die every day?
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 01:16:18 AM »

Boom

bang a bang?

That doesn't show anything. That merely shows the % of people of different ages who die of drug overdoses. That could be from a sample of 100, 1000 or 10,000

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 03:18:12 AM »
Drugs ruined my mental health, I was borderline addicted to LSD and was taking it nearly daily about 10 years ago. I smoked pot for nearly half my life. But I don't even drink caffeine any more.
However I support the legalisation of harder drugs. They can be regulated and taxed. General health rates will rise and drug quality would be better. If addicts could be prescribed certain drugs it will stop the use of methadone, which is no better for the user, but it is safer. Needle exchange points do already exist in the UK but more can be done. If clean safe drugs were given to addicts it will put most dealers out of business and the crime rates will drop as the user can get what they need through a doctor. 
I don't know about soft drugs like pot though. I cant see why it cant be sold over the counter and I don't mean like the way its done in the US. that system is a joke anyway.
Our governments are missing out of millions in tax, just when we need it most. Ironically we are loosing drug centers and homeless shelters right now due to budget cuts. Our crime and homeless rates are due to rise over the next 5 years. This could be avoided right now if they were to control drug use in the UK.

as for killing you... What doesn't? It is the users choice. I once heard that tax on tobacco pays for the NHS alone.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2013, 03:21:19 AM »
We should just make anything that is potentially harmful illegal.

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 03:26:35 AM »
Demolition Man

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 04:00:15 AM »
Even if we assume for the moment that all drugs are bad for you, why does that mean they should be illegal? Eating McDonald's is pretty bad for you, should we outlaw fast food?

Does McDonald's impair your ability to operate dangerous machinery?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 04:01:07 AM »
Demolition Man

But do you know how to use the three seashells?

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »
Even if we assume for the moment that all drugs are bad for you, why does that mean they should be illegal? Eating McDonald's is pretty bad for you, should we outlaw fast food?

Irrelevant.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 04:18:40 AM »

Yes. Have you tried eating while driving?
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:10 AM »
Demolition Man

But do you know how to use the three seashells?

How old is that film? Yet that question comes to my mind too lol. I hear fuck you was a good method.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 11:40:36 AM »

Yes. Have you tried eating while driving?

yes, I can even manage the chips while riding a motorbike.

The burger is trickier without a flip up helmet though.

Jelvyc

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »
Like bath salts?

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »

Boom

bang a bang?

That doesn't show anything. That merely shows the % of people of different ages who die of drug overdoses. That could be from a sample of 100, 1000 or 10,000

Actually, that chart shows # of deaths per 100,000.  So for every 100,000 people aged 45-54, a whopping 25 people die.  However what is missing is the time frame.  Is this an annual death rate, a daily death rate, hourly death rate?  We cannot tell from this graph.

If this is an daily death rate, then 91.8 people die from drugs per 600,000. (I know i am messing up by combining the age groups, I am assuming that all age groups have equal numbers of people in them, however the census data I found doesn't split the age groups up the same way as this graph) according to the 2010 census data, there were 308,745,538 people in the US.  Now if we take the death rate of 91.8 deaths per 600,000 people and multiply it by the number of people, we will then get the daily deaths.

(91.8/600,000)*308,745,538=47238

So if this rate were a daily rate, worst case scenario (unless you want to make it an hourly death rate), you have just over 47,000 deaths per day from drugs.  A far cry from the millions that EJ claimed.

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »
The chat shows a year, 2010, I think it's safe to assume it's yearly. It also doesn't mention of it's illegal drug only, prescription drug only, or a combination.  All of this is irrelevant considering who posted it.