Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: African-Americans and Americans are two different groups
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 06:21:49 PM »
Listen to yourself. If the shoe were on the other foot you would be calling out the questionable nature of the Republican president's son. Don't even lie.

At least be honest and tell us that you don't care, that he's on your side so it's okay, or however you really feel. That's infinitely better than lying to yourself and everyone else by pretending to have morals.

I’m not so stupid as to think that the corruption of Trump’s children should be blamed on him. Stop projecting your weird North Korean mentality on to me. Instead think about how in 6+ years how you have never found any decision Trump has made to be lacking and how that shows a distinct flaw in your critical faculty.

Yeah, I am sure if Trump's son was corruptly receiving millions of dollars from foreign countries while Trump was president, you would jump up and down and insist that Trump being president had nothing to do with it.

"Who cares who the 'big guy' is. If foreign countries want to give a president's son money they have that right!" - Rama Set assuredly

If Trump's son then transitioned his career to artist and was selling artwork for hundreds of thousands of dollars while Trump was president you also would have no problem with it. People just really want to give a new crack addict artist large amounts of money.  ::)

You are just blatantly lying now.

Nancy Pelosi made millions while in Congress and makes better returns on stock trades than Warren Buffet. I don't see lefties calling her corrupt. The criticism for that comes from the right, not the left. The left generally ignores it.

literal lol. it's genuinely adorable that you think this is true.

Here's an economist saying it - https://www.independent.org/aboutus/person_detail.asp?id=383

https://www.foxbusiness.com/kudlow/kudlow-nancy-pelosi-trading

I'm extremely worried this evening over a 1% drop in the tech-heavy NASDAQ Index. Why this sudden concern? Because it may do great damage to Nancy Pelosi's almost perfect investment track record.

You may have read that one website has already nominated her as the 2021 Wall Street trader of the year. In fact, reading jacobinmag.com – which I'm told is a left-wing outfit – nonetheless, they have a fabulous story about Ms. Pelosi and her trading acumen.

The Gordon Gekko of the New York Stock Exchange. The oracle of Omaha is dead. Long live the Queen of Stocks.  According to reports, she and her husband Paul Pelosi have traded over $50 million in assets over the past year with annualized returns at 69% as of October, according to an estimate from the Nancy Pelosi portfolio tracker.

That's higher than Buffett, George Soros, Cathy Wood, and other star investors. Apparently, the Pelosi portfolio beat the S&P 500 by 4.9 percent in 2019 and a big 14.3 percent gain in 2020, according to an outfit called FinePrint. Ms. Pelosi is becoming a cult figure among stock investors.

I'll wait for you to find an economist who says otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:05:48 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 06:38:28 PM »
If Trump's son then transitioned his career to artist and was selling artwork for hundreds of thousands of dollars while Trump was president you also would have no problem with it. People just really want to give him large amounts of money for beautiful artwork.  ::)

You only make money selling your artwork if someone is willing to buy it.

Nancy Pelosi made millions while in Congress and makes better returns on stock trades than Warren Buffet. I don't see lefties calling her corrupt. The criticism for that comes from the right, not the left. The left generally ignores it.

Here's an economist saying it - https://www.independent.org/aboutus/person_detail.asp?id=383

I'm extremely worried this evening over a 1% drop in the tech-heavy NASDAQ Index. Why this sudden concern? Because it may do great damage to Nancy Pelosi's almost perfect investment track record.

You may have read that one website has already nominated her as the 2021 Wall Street trader of the year. In fact, reading jacobinmag.com – which I'm told is a left-wing outfit – nonetheless, they have a fabulous story about Ms. Pelosi and her trading acumen.

The Gordon Gekko of the New York Stock Exchange. The oracle of Omaha is dead. Long live the Queen of Stocks.  According to reports, she and her husband Paul Pelosi have traded over $50 million in assets over the past year with annualized returns at 69% as of October, according to an estimate from the Nancy Pelosi portfolio tracker.

That's higher than Buffett, George Soros, Cathy Wood, and other star investors. Apparently, the Pelosi portfolio beat the S&P 500 by 4.9 percent in 2019 and a big 14.3 percent gain in 2020, according to an outfit called FinePrint. Ms. Pelosi is becoming a cult figure among stock investors.

Seems like best returns are a moving target, with the GOP currently in the lead...

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Houston) did pretty well for himself in 2021, financially speaking. According to a new report from Unusual Whales, Crenshaw’s trading netted the fifth-highest rate of return among members of Congress, narrowly edging out House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. A total of 35 members of Congress got returns greater than the SPDR S&P 500 Trust ETF (SPY), essentially meaning they beat the market.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 06:39:24 PM »

i was referring to your claim that the american left doesn't call her a corrupt, corporate rat-fuck stooge.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 07:16:16 PM »
Quote from: Joe Biden
Poor kids are just as bright as white kids.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/08/09/joe-biden-poor-kids-bright-white-kids-newday-berman-vpx.cnn

Many people who make fun of Mitch McConnell for his comment are the same ones that voted for Biden. Probably under the reasoning that Biden obviously didn't mean it the way it sounded.

Rama Set

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 07:37:02 PM »
I’m not so stupid as to think that the corruption of Trump’s children should be blamed on him. Stop projecting your weird North Korean mentality on to me. Instead think about how in 6+ years how you have never found any decision Trump has made to be lacking and how that shows a distinct flaw in your critical faculty.

Yeah, I am sure if Trump's son was corruptly receiving millions of dollars from foreign countries while Trump was president, you would jump up and down and insist that Trump being president had nothing to do with it.

I wouldn’t. That’s idiotic.

"Who cares who the 'big guy' is. If foreign countries want to give a president's son money they have that right!" - Rama Set assuredly

If Trump's son then transitioned his career to artist and was selling artwork for hundreds of thousands of dollars while Trump was president you also would have no problem with it. People just really want to give a new crack addict artist large amounts of money.  ::)

Awww. You’re so mad. Cute. Maybe one day you will actually talk to real Rama instead of the one living rent free in your head.

It’s funny because I actually can’t think of anyone who likes Biden. My brother in law thinks Nancy Pelosi is better than the GOP solely because she tries to pass bills more beneficial to society while she gets rich from her office.

Tom and boogeymen. Classic as peaches and cream.

Rama Set

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 07:38:47 PM »
Quote from: Joe Biden
Poor kids are just as bright as white kids.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/08/09/joe-biden-poor-kids-bright-white-kids-newday-berman-vpx.cnn

Many people who make fun of Mitch McConnell for his comment are the same ones that voted for Biden. Probably under the reasoning that Biden obviously didn't mean it the way it sounded.

Biden didn’t mean it because he is senile. He speaks like a clam opens its shell, by reflex alone. Like when he wandered off after being asked about student debt cancellation; he didn’t even realize he was doing a press conference.

I still prefer him to Trump.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 08:24:29 PM »
Eh, he's an old white southern Republican. He's racist. It's really only a question of degree.

And it was a Freudian slip if the tongue if anything.

He is probably racist, sure. But to mentally distinguish between black people and "real" Americans isn't really what comes to mind when I think of racism against black people, unless we're talking about some super hardcore "black people are invaders from Africa!" white nationalist shit, which I doubt McConnell subscribes to. Now, if it were Hispanic people we were talking about, and in particular Puerto Ricans, then I might agree that this would be a case of saying the quiet part out loud, because it is very common among bigots to assume that Hispanics are illegal immigrants and that Puerto Ricans aren't real Americans. For example, people gave Kimberly Guilfoyle a lot of shit when she implied that her Puerto Rican mother was an immigrant, because although she herself probably knew better, her words were very likely chosen to fit the conservative belief that Puerto Ricans don't count as Americans.

The Ukraine story Tom referred to is no more true now than it was back when Trump first clumsily tried to smear Biden over it. Hunter Biden was never in any legal jeopardy over an investigation into Burisma, as the period of time that the investigation concerned preceded his employment with the company. Viktor Shokin was fired because he was corrupt and ineffective, and this was the position of pretty much the entire international community at the time, not a personal whim of Biden. Hunter is absolutely a dumb failson who trades on his father's name, but he and his father were not partners in any kind of corruption scheme. That simply is not what happened, and any honest appraisal of the evidence we have will come to the same conclusion.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 05:05:52 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 08:35:12 PM »

Here's a nice site.

https://housestockwatcher.com/summary_by_rep/Hon.%20Nancy%20Pelosi
That's her stats.  Indeed, she owns or has sold over $55 million in stocks over some time period (its not really established how old the data is)

Looking through the others, its kinda  a mixed bag.  Some have only a few thousand dollars, others have double digit millions in stocks.  A few have triple digits.  And its pretty well spread between Dems and Republicans.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.