Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Test to debunk flat earth models
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »
Does this mean a rainbow really isn't in a shape of a bow? Or that my eyes deceive me that it isn't multicolored? So much fake news.

I'm sorry, you've confused me. Fake news? Rainbows? Maybe a troll, but I'll bite.
A bow isn't. a shape. Rainbows always form circles or partial circles. They are made when light travels through water droplets in the atmosphere. Light travels more slowly through water than it does air so it bends, or refracts. you can create one with a water hose.
Rainbows aren't a sign from a sky wizard. Do you propose that, before the mythical flood, light behaved in a different manner than it does now?

Also, please explain what your reply has to do with my OP or any response it received...

A bow is clearly a small section of a circle or a dome.

Psalm 7:11-12   

God is a righteous judge, And a God who has indignation every day. If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready.

Were discussing refraction, No? stick with the topic
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 12:11:35 AM »
Does this mean a rainbow really isn't in a shape of a bow? Or that my eyes deceive me that it isn't multicolored? So much fake news.

I'm sorry, you've confused me. Fake news? Rainbows? Maybe a troll, but I'll bite.
A bow isn't. a shape. Rainbows always form circles or partial circles. They are made when light travels through water droplets in the atmosphere. Light travels more slowly through water than it does air so it bends, or refracts. you can create one with a water hose.
Rainbows aren't a sign from a sky wizard. Do you propose that, before the mythical flood, light behaved in a different manner than it does now?

Also, please explain what your reply has to do with my OP or any response it received...

God is a righteous judge, And a God who has indignation every day. If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready.

No one but Tom was discussing refraction. He went off on a tangent, and you went even further off on your own.
If you want to get off topic we can.

God knows everything (according to your book of myths), past present and future.
God knows what shoes I'll wear on July 15, 2022.
I wake up and put on my shoes, because I never had a choice in the matter; god knew it so I had to do it or else god's knowledge would be false.
God burns sinners in hell for eternity, even knowing before he created everything that they would sin.

1 of 4 things must be true.
God doesn't know everything therefore isn't all powerful.
God knows everything, stripping us of free will, and punishes us anyway, (such a "just" god).
God knows everything and doesn't punish us (your book of myths is wrong).
God isn't real.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 01:02:42 AM »

No one but Tom was discussing refraction. He went off on a tangent, and you went even further off on your own.

God knows everything (according to your book of myths), past present and future.
I wake up and put on my shoes, because I never had a choice in the matter; god knew it so I had to do it or else god's knowledge would be false.
God burns sinners in hell for eternity, even knowing before he created everything that they would sin.

God knows everything, stripping us of free will, and punishes us anyway, (such a "just" god).
God isn't real.

Ok Jimmy your test doesn't work, I'm not spending another dime on phoney baloney hocus pocus. The sky hasn't changed for thousands of years and it's recorded. They and we know it's flat like foot stool.

Now to correct your mistaken beliefs about the facts of God. Yes God knows his gates to Heaven are very narrow, he tells us that, some listen most don't. But we are given free will and the choice to have faith in his word. A child who dies gets a free pass from the BBQ, they are innocent. A person who never has heard the word of God gets the same pass although scripture tells us all will be told the word before the second coming of Christ but there will have been those few who lived a life of seclusion from the word being preached. Does he know if your name appears in the book, of course, he is God, all knowing. Does he take joy in your or anyone else's marshmallow over the fire ignition? Hell no. You are his child, he is your Father (he created you in his likeness) and in as much, you will be forgiven and given the real E ticket (eternal life, not the Disney ride on space mtn.) Now check it, you are saved by Grace not works, meaning once you are given the Gift and accept it, it will not be taken away. Your done, freebie !!! But like any shepherd you plan on culling the herd to only keep the finest in Heaven. We certainly don't wan't another Satan type disruption in heaven going forward now do we? Satan is given dominion over this pie plate for now to corrupt the many, he was an ass kicker, God made him tough as nails, but he doesn't own me and he doesn't have to own you either........The game is easy peasy, accept Christ as Gods son who died for all our sins and believe it. God and his mighty angels will protect you, and that is bad ass, not NASA phoney fake news !

Read the story of Job, he was righteous and God allowed the Devil to have his way with him because he knew Job wasn't weak sauce.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 04:32:56 AM »

God isn't real.

Ok Jimmy your test doesn't work, I'm not spending another dime on phoney baloney hocus pocus. The sky hasn't changed for thousands of years and it's recorded. They and we know it's flat like foot stool.

Now to correct your mistaken beliefs about the facts of God. Yes God knows his gates to Heaven are very narrow, he tells us that, some listen most don't. But we are given free will and the choice to have faith in his word. A child who dies gets a free pass from the BBQ, they are innocent. A person who never has heard the word of God gets the same pass although scripture tells us all will be told the word before the second coming of Christ but there will have been those few who lived a life of seclusion from the word being preached. Does he know if your name appears in the book, of course, he is God, all knowing. Does he take joy in your or anyone else's marshmallow over the fire ignition? Hell no. You are his child, he is your Father (he created you in his likeness) and in as much, you will be forgiven and given the real E ticket (eternal life, not the Disney ride on space mtn.) Now check it, you are saved by Grace not works, meaning once you are given the Gift and accept it, it will not be taken away. Your done, freebie !!! But like any shepherd you plan on culling the herd to only keep the finest in Heaven. We certainly don't wan't another Satan type disruption in heaven going forward now do we? Satan is given dominion over this pie plate for now to corrupt the many, he was an ass kicker, God made him tough as nails, but he doesn't own me and he doesn't have to own you either........The game is easy peasy, accept Christ as Gods son who died for all our sins and believe it. God and his mighty angels will protect you, and that is bad ass, not NASA phoney fake news !

Read the story of Job, he was righteous and God allowed the Devil to have his way with him because he knew Job wasn't weak sauce.

I didn't read a word past when you said "hocus pocus" without a hint of irony.

*edit*
Went back and read it. After all I've seen on these forums, I honestly assumed you were real. I know now there is no way you're not a troll. Well done, sir.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:55:22 AM by Jimmy McGill »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:53 AM »
Wildly off-topic (soz, mods), but I do feel the need to correct this logical fallacy.
I like The Beatles. A lot.

So, if I had a choice between, say, going to see Paul McCartney in London this December or going to see The Spice Girls next summer then my friends would know that I would choose the former.
Does the fact that my friends anticipated what choice I would make mean I didn't have a free choice? No, of course not. They didn't influence my decision, they just knew (or guessed) what it would be.
So if God is all knowing and knows us perfectly then he knows what choices we will make in every situation. That does not contradict the idea that we free to make choices
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
Well, this thread has gone off the rails. Locked.