Offline Uteliv

• View Profile
Bermuda triangle
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:33:32 AM »
Do you guys think that Bermuda Triangle is part of the lie as a cover for "distance loss/gain" with their ball earth model?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda triangle
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
Do you guys think that Bermuda Triangle is part of the lie as a cover for "distance loss/gain" with their ball earth model?

More likely there would be something in the southern hemisphere to cover the obvious issues with any flat earth map.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »
It should also be noted that the Bermuda triangle doesn't have a higher level of ship or plane accidents. It's the same as any other equally traveled stretch of ocean.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »

It has been shown that over the top 10 books about "The Bermuda Triangle" no two of them agree on the size or location of the "triangle".   Some of them stretch it to cover almost all of the Atlantic ocean in order to pull more "weird but true" stories into their books.

But even if the odd weird thing happens there - about a million NON-WEIRD things happen there every single day.    Any theory that says that this part of the ocean is some kind of an RE coverup still has to explain all of those non-weird things.

Put another way - if there is no coverup and the world is round - then we have one or two strange events that we have to explain.

But if the triangle is a way to cover up some huge discrepancy then YOUR theory has to explain a million strange (to you) events every single day.   OMG!  This plane flew from A to B over the triangle and it arrived ON TIME!!!   How the heck are you going to explain that one?

The preponderance of evidence is that this is a terrible idea!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

devils advocate

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 07:45:35 PM »

Please enlighten me reference the distance loss/gain situation that needs a cover story in the ball earth model, I've not heard of this one!

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 10:33:08 PM »

Please enlighten me reference the distance loss/gain situation that needs a cover story in the ball earth model, I've not heard of this one!

When you flatten out the map of a sphere into a flat map - the distances on that map are 100% guaranteed to be either squashed or stretched.  This is a mathematical fact.

So EITHER the Flat Earth map OR the Round Earth map must have incorrect distances.

Uteliv things that the error is in the Round Earth map - and that the incorrect distances are somehow located inside the Bermuda triangle and covered up by some vast conspiracy.   This is a bizarre theory even for flat earthers.

Truth is, the Round Earth map is the ONLY one that can explain the distances between cities that we actually observe (eg from Airline flight data).

The earth isn't actually flat, you see...that would be silly!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?