Whether flat or round...
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »
I'm new here and I really liked this theory… Of course, it is not true and easy to disprove scientifically in a million ways but it is irrelevant for me now... Because I am not interested in it scientifically... It is really fantastic if you enjoy it like a piece of literature… Such as Tolkien’s Middle Earth, The Flat Earth is a beautiful product of human creativity… I really admired Flat Earthers’ attempts to create seemingly convincing explanations for those matters questioned by “non-believers”…

But there’s something in it that interested me much more than this… I’ve been observing people who believe in the Flat Earth theory, and many others who “wish” to believe… I strongly felt that the truth lying under is the fact that we are actually NOT happy with our round one… Flat earth is standing as the symbol for our need to escape from reality… How nice would it be if all these bad things were the results of such a definable conspiracy… We would have a solid thing in our hands… However we are so hopeless... Our planet is dying… Wars, terrorism, racism, political interests, egoism, famine, industrial madness, excessive energy consumption, environmental hazards, pollution, deforestation, extinction of species… It is already on an irreversible path…

I think it's time to see that we have only this one earth, whether flat or round, and we should do better to save her…

Offline Berserk

• View Profile
Re: Whether flat or round...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 05:04:03 PM »
I'm new here and I really liked this theory… Of course, it is not true and easy to disprove scientifically in a million ways but it is irrelevant for me now... Because I am not interested in it scientifically... It is really fantastic if you enjoy it like a piece of literature… Such as Tolkien’s Middle Earth, The Flat Earth is a beautiful product of human creativity… I really admired Flat Earthers’ attempts to create seemingly convincing explanations for those matters questioned by “non-believers”…

But there’s something in it that interested me much more than this… I’ve been observing people who believe in the Flat Earth theory, and many others who “wish” to believe… I strongly felt that the truth lying under is the fact that we are actually NOT happy with our round one… Flat earth is standing as the symbol for our need to escape from reality… How nice would it be if all these bad things were the results of such a definable conspiracy… We would have a solid thing in our hands… However we are so hopeless... Our planet is dying… Wars, terrorism, racism, political interests, egoism, famine, industrial madness, excessive energy consumption, environmental hazards, pollution, deforestation, extinction of species… It is already on an irreversible path…

I think it's time to see that we have only this one earth, whether flat or round, and we should do better to save her…

subscribed.  :)

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Whether flat or round...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 01:41:35 AM »
I'm new here and I really liked this theory…  I am not interested in it scientifically...

You have come to the right place, my friend.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell