Offline jcks

• View Profile

The problem I see with science these days is that it has become Scientism ... another form of religion ... we don't know shit about the cosmos ... mathematical equations that seemingly intelligent scientists use are based on the premise of a theory ... after all maths is a language that can be flexibly written.

We have faith in science, like religious people have faith in religion.

Faith does not imply religion.

I have faith my next paycheck will come the same time it always does. Does this mean I worship my job?

They are lights in the sky? Has anyone ever seen mars apart from CGI graphics?

Have you ever seen any of your internal working organs? Your brain?

This line of thinking makes no sense. You assume because you have not seen it, it cannot exist.

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
Egyptians knew the stars better than we do. 1500 years ago we learned the Earth was round. These still haven't been disproved. Why?
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

The problem I see with science these days is that it has become Scientism ... another form of religion ... we don't know shit about the cosmos ... mathematical equations that seemingly intelligent scientists use are based on the premise of a theory ... after all maths is a language that can be flexibly written.

I have faith my next paycheck will come the same time it always does. Does this mean I worship my job?

This line of thinking makes no sense. You assume because you have not seen it, it cannot exist.

The paycheck analogy is just stupid, really really stupid.

So if even if you haven't seen something ... you believe it? That my friend, is faith.

Egyptians knew the stars better than we do. 1500 years ago we learned the Earth was round. These still haven't been disproved. Why?

you are basing that entire sentence on hearsay

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Continued: Theories based on what we have observed for a long time, we might be wrong, but it's scientifically sound.

Science has been proven wrong continuously throughout history ... things were "known" in the past

btw old Musky pants is about to get paid!
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/20/tesla-shareholders-vote-on-elon-musks-2-point-6-billion-dollar-pay-package.html

You might want to actually read that article.

Continued: Theories based on what we have observed for a long time, we might be wrong, but it's scientifically sound.

Science has been proven wrong continuously throughout history ... things were "known" in the past

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/20/tesla-shareholders-vote-on-elon-musks-2-point-6-billion-dollar-pay-package.html

I have ... and I predict that he will get paid

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

You're the heretic! We're basing our learning off thousands of years of knowledge!

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

Hm...yeah he will, be why and by who is very important.

You're the heretic! We're basing our learning off thousands of years of knowledge!

What religion do I believe in?? You've lost me now

My sentiments exactly ;-) ... back pocket pay packet coming up for Musky Pants

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
I'm an atheist, religion is ignorance.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

You really are ignorant. He's getting paid by the people who own part of his company, so THEY can make a profit out of it also. Woahhh

Saying that there isn't a god is ignorant if you don't know. I'm agnostic.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

Is ignorant? where is the proof that there is a god?

You really are ignorant. He's getting paid by the people who own part of his company, so THEY can make a profit out of it also. Woahhh

Love using the word ignorant dont you. Does it make you feel smart ... I hear your voice in a squeaky Michael Jackson voice when you say it. haha

Where's the proof there isn't?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

Rape, murder, school shootings, genocide. Where is your god now?

Rape, murder, school shootings, genocide. Where is your god now?

hang on a minute ... do you recall that I said I don't know if there is a god or not? When did he/she become "my" god hahaha

Offline jcks

• View Profile

The paycheck analogy is just stupid, really really stupid.

So if even if you haven't seen something ... you believe it? That my friend, is faith.

How so? According to your post above if you have faith in something then it's basically a religion. Are you saying that's not what you meant?

There's a difference between blind faith and faith. What you are describing is blind faith.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

Love using the word ignorant dont you. Does it make you feel smart ... I hear your voice in a squeaky Michael Jackson voice when you say it. haha

So offensive. It really is a great word, but I can use others. Dolt, Addlepate, Arrogant.