No, I haven't got time to read it yet ... I'm not an android sir ;-)

So you're decrying it without actually reading it, is that it?

Just saying wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information in my opinion

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Gav, look at this. I mean, really, LOOK at the whole of it, and tell us what you think is going on;

VID LINK

a lot of numbers are changing and an telescopey type thing is turning left and right .... Oh I'm convinced!  ;D

You're not even looking at stuff before you dispute it.

I posted it at 01:21:14 PM, it lasts 2m43s and you posted at 01:23:43 PM, 2m29s later - you haven't even watched the whole thing...
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

I never claimed NASA bought SpaceEx ... just I think Elon might be being propped up as some kind of cool independent iron man rich guy type of person as NASA's credibility has taken a bit of a nose dive...

Gav, look at this. I mean, really, LOOK at the whole of it, and tell us what you think is going on;

VID LINK

a lot of numbers are changing and an telescopey type thing is turning left and right .... Oh I'm convinced!  ;D

You're not even looking at stuff before you dispute it.

I posted it at 01:21:14 PM, it lasts 2m43s and you posted at 01:23:43 PM, 2m29s later - you haven't even watched the whole thing...

I looked at the video bud ... but it doesn't tell me anything ... it could be a clever looking load of data which is tracking imaginary satellites .... couldn't it?

Offline jcks

• View Profile
I never claimed NASA bought SpaceEx ... just I think Elon might be being propped up as some kind of cool independent iron man rich guy type of person as NASA's credibility has taken a bit of a nose dive...

You said you believe SpaceX was being propped up as "independent" and "private" implying they are neither. If they aren't private then what are they?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Just saying wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information in my opinion

... but why should anyone accept this, when you've shown no fault with either the wiki page I quoted, nor any other?

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
I looked at the video bud ... but it doesn't tell me anything ... it could be a clever looking load of data which is tracking imaginary satellites .... couldn't it?

No, it could not. The company making the telescopes and tracking software would not survive if they were doing this.

Nearly?

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile

You said you believe SpaceX was being propped up as "independent" and "private" implying they are neither. If they aren't private then what are they?

You clearly still haven't read my article.
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

I mean they are officially private ... but that's what needed, someone that is not government pushing the globe ... Elon might be an inside man

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
"Pushing the globe"? You mean wanting to go somewhere we know exists and we know we can get to. He's not pushing the globe, he's trying to go to a new planet, no one has ever set foot on, that's amazing if you ask me.

You clearly still haven't read my article.

I'm in work at the moment, so other than slighly talking to you nice people I'm a bit pushed for information intake ... I will check it out tonight though I promise ;-)

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Okay, let’s just have a look at this from your original premiss “Ok so ... this seems plausible to me that ... there is an agenda to make people feel insignificant and to carry on about their about their busy lives not questioning anything and being good wage slaves.

Before, back in the day when the Earth was flat for everybody, did they feel different, more special? And if they did, (due to presumably, a deity) How did this make them more open to questioning their surroundings?

With religious teaching there is the attendant concepts of Apostasy and heresy, whereby if you reject your teaching or interpret them differently from the norm you are subject to “interrogation”. Often in the past (and in some religions now), one or both would lead to excommunication for the questioner or death.
Now scientists can get pretty pissy if their pet project is superseded, but the only time I can remember that they died for their investigations per-se was at the hands of religion, so where does your impression that science is anti-questioning come from, as the converse is true.

The Royal Society's (one of the earliest dedicated science institution) motto 'Nullius in verba' is taken to mean 'take nobody's word for it'. The very essence of enquiry.

As for feeling insignificant, well I can’t help you much there, if you need a tyrannical father figure making constant demands to have any sense of self-worth then you are made in a different way to me, the universe is vast and to all intents and purpose, timeless, but without me it would seem empty.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

"Pushing the globe"? You mean wanting to go somewhere we know exists and we know we can get to. He's not pushing the globe, he's trying to go to a new planet, no one has ever set foot on, that's amazing if you ask me.

Yeah sounds amazing ... but the problem is you are saying "we know" .... we don't though? I mean you and I ... don't!

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
So mars does not exist? We do know, we've know for thousands of years, ancient civilizations know this.

Okay, let’s just have a look at this from your original premiss “Ok so ... this seems plausible to me that ... there is an agenda to make people feel insignificant and to carry on about their about their busy lives not questioning anything and being good wage slaves.

Before, back in the day when the Earth was flat for everybody, did they feel different, more special? And if they did, (due to presumably, a deity) How did this make them more open to questioning their surroundings?

With religious teaching there is the attendant concepts of Apostasy and heresy, whereby if you reject your teaching or interpret them differently from the norm you are subject to “interrogation”. Often in the past (and in some religions now), one or both would lead to excommunication for the questioner or death.
Now scientists can get pretty pissy if their pet project is superseded, but the only time I can remember that they died for their investigations per-se was at the hands of religion, so where does your impression that science is anti-questioning come from, as the converse is true.

The Royal Society's (one of the earliest dedicated science institution) motto 'Nullius in verba' is taken to mean 'take nobody's word for it'. The very essence of enquiry.

As for feeling insignificant, well I can’t help you much there, if you need a tyrannical father figure making constant demands to have any sense of self-worth then you are made in a different way to me, the universe is vast and to all intents and purpose, timeless, but without me it would seem empty.

The problem I see with science these days is that it has become Scientism ... another form of religion ... we don't know shit about the cosmos ... mathematical equations that seemingly intelligent scientists use are based on the premise of a theory ... after all maths is a language that can be flexibly written.

We have faith in science, like religious people have faith in religion.

So mars does not exist? We do know, we've know for thousands of years, ancient civilizations know this.

They are lights in the sky? Has anyone ever seen mars apart from CGI graphics?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Quite often actually, during Summer I just have to look at the start belt in my area (A line of stars that changes with the seasons, containing Mar, Jupiter, and a line of strangely straight stars. I got a telescope last summer, and used it a lot.

Edit: Summer.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:11:49 PM by ElTrancy »

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

The problem I see with science these days is that it has become Scientism ... another form of religion ... we don't know shit about the cosmos ... mathematical equations that seemingly intelligent scientists use are based on the premise of a theory ... after all maths is a language that can be flexibly written.

We have faith in science, like religious people have faith in religion.

Religion is way different than science, and we do know a lot about the cosmos.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Continued: Theories based on what we have observed for a long time, we might be wrong, but it's scientifically sound.

Continued: Theories based on what we have observed for a long time, we might be wrong, but it's scientifically sound.

Science has been proven wrong continuously throughout history ... things were "known" in the past

btw old Musky pants is about to get paid!
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/20/tesla-shareholders-vote-on-elon-musks-2-point-6-billion-dollar-pay-package.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:17:11 PM by gavisthename »