Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Abortion
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2022, 09:19:37 PM »
The Louisiana GOP just advanced a bill out of committee that says life begins at “the moment of fertilization.” That would criminalize contraception that prevents fertilized eggs from attaching to the uterus btw. I don't think Louisiana is the only state proposing a bill like this either lmao

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2022, 11:13:44 PM »
Because this country (the GOP and conservatives for clarity's sake) wants more white babies.

If this were truly the case, the GOP would be taking exactly the same stance as the Democratic Party. That is, they would want cheaper or free abortions in minority neighborhoods for "their own health and welfare." Planned Parenthood has lead to a larger effective drop in the latino and black populations than any other organization, such as the KKK, could have possibly hoped to accomplish through any other means.

Abortion alone has resulted in a multi-million population delta between the US white population versus other races. A hard right eugenicist would be the most passionate pro-abortion advocate you could hope for with numbers like these.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 11:18:23 PM by Rushy »

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2022, 12:40:00 AM »
Because this country (the GOP and conservatives for clarity's sake) wants more white babies.

If this were truly the case, the GOP would be taking exactly the same stance as the Democratic Party. That is, they would want cheaper or free abortions in minority neighborhoods for "their own health and welfare." Planned Parenthood has lead to a larger effective drop in the latino and black populations than any other organization, such as the KKK, could have possibly hoped to accomplish through any other means.

Abortion alone has resulted in a multi-million population delta between the US white population versus other races. A hard right eugenicist would be the most passionate pro-abortion advocate you could hope for with numbers like these.
Yeah, I can see your argument. But maybe they have to try something because millennials aren't having babies. The other reason is they're only trying to keep their radically religious minority engaged enough to keep them in office.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2022, 12:43:35 PM »
Yeah, I can see your argument. But maybe they have to try something because millennials aren't having babies. The other reason is they're only trying to keep their radically religious minority engaged enough to keep them in office.

"Millennials aren't having babies" doesn't ring true to me. Most millennials I know already have children. This could be a regional phenomenon. In general, rural areas have more children than urban areas. It's also up to how individuals perceive children. In my opinion, the more left a person is, the more often I've noticed the view that children are an inconvenience to oneself rather than being something desirable to nurture. I'm not entirely sure why that is the case, it could just be, again, a regional difference.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2022, 03:23:04 PM »
"Millennials aren't having babies" doesn't ring true to me. Most millennials I know already have children. This could be a regional phenomenon. In general, rural areas have more children than urban areas. It's also up to how individuals perceive children.

I also have a lot of friends with kids, but I'm basing this on all the articles about the declining birthrate with our generation, not my own personal experience.

In my opinion, the more left a person is, the more often I've noticed the view that children are an inconvenience to oneself rather than being something desirable to nurture. I'm not entirely sure why that is the case, it could just be, again, a regional difference.
I don't agree with this. People on the far left can have the nurturing urge just like anyone else. It's likely more correlation not causation. People on the left wouldn't feel the pressure to have children as someone on the right might. Even if you go back a few decades to earlier generations when having kids was just the "normal thing to do" you have a lot of people having kids who did not actually want them or shouldn't have had them. I think a lot of it is more what someone feels is the normal path of a life and people on the right would be more inclined to play the nuclear family role whether it's something they truly feel enriched from or not. Regardless, plenty of people on the left also still want and have families.

I mean, we could go into it where I give an example of a Trumper aunt who abandoned her kid when he was going through a rough time versus her nephew, whom she regularly calls a communist, who is completely devoted to his two daughters.

But this is irrelevant. The birth rate is declining. "As of 2020, the U.S. birth rate was 55.8 births per 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44, a decline of almost 20 percent from the rate of 69.3 in 2007." I really doubt Gen Z is going to boost those numbers back up.
https://econofact.org/the-mystery-of-the-declining-u-s-birth-rate

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2022, 04:05:23 PM »
I don't agree with this. People on the far left can have the nurturing urge just like anyone else. It's likely more correlation not causation.
Another factor is that people on the left tend to be more aware of the climate, housing and cost of living crises, which leads many to conclude that it is irresponsible to bring a child into today's world. Those who downplay climate change and believe that the market will fix the cost of living on its own tend to be more right-wing.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2022, 04:55:09 PM »
I also have a lot of friends with kids, but I'm basing this on all the articles about the declining birthrate with our generation, not my own personal experience.

Then I suppose it's a good thing for baby murder to go away, then.

I don't agree with this. People on the far left can have the nurturing urge just like anyone else. It's likely more correlation not causation.
Another factor is that people on the left tend to be more aware of the climate, housing and cost of living crises, which leads many to conclude that it is irresponsible to bring a child into today's world. Those who downplay climate change and believe that the market will fix the cost of living on its own tend to be more right-wing.

Ironic that the side that's "more aware" of "crises" would prefer to castrate their own genealogical lines resulting in the "wrong" ideology proliferating over their own.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2022, 05:02:00 PM »
Ironic that the side that's "more aware" of "crises" would prefer to castrate their own genealogical lines resulting in the "wrong" ideology proliferating over their own.
I wasn't aware political ideology was genetic.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2022, 05:09:21 PM »
I wasn't aware political ideology was genetic.

Then I'm glad to have enlightened you on the subject.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2022, 05:25:09 PM »
Then I suppose it's a good thing for *abortion* to go away, then.
Good thing for who? We don't need more people.

Abortion won't go away, it'll only be illegal. It will be as successful as the war on drugs.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 05:27:34 PM by rooster »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2022, 05:26:53 PM »
We don't need more people.
Don't we? Who's gonna pay for your retirement? And, more importantly, who's gonna pay for mine?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2022, 05:32:10 PM »
We don't need more people.
Don't we? Who's gonna pay for your retirement? And, more importantly, who's gonna pay for mine?
lol
Americans can't retire on Social Security alone if there's any money still around by the time our generation retires.
We need IRAs, personal savings, probably investment properties, etc. Or we can probably never retire tbh

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
Americans can't retire on Social Security alone
Do you think annihiliating Social Security will improve that situation?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »
Americans can't retire on Social Security alone
Do you think annihiliating Social Security will improve that situation?
Ask me again in around 10 years when the reserve funds run out.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2022, 06:15:26 PM »
Ask me again in around 10 years when the reserve funds run out.
OK, will do!

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2022, 07:23:35 PM »
I assume the whole left vs right on family planning was more in line with farms vs cities.  Where having more kids in a big house that's in a small town (and thus cheap to buy) wasn't as big a deal as having more kids in a 2 bedroom apartment somewhere on the outskrits of the city. 

Its simply an environment thing.  And as we know well, those who are in cities are more often Left than Right.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2022, 12:33:53 AM »
This has nothing to do with stimulating birth rates. Republicans want to turn back the clock and remove all of the important rights relating to privacy and sexual freedom that courts have recognized over the past several decades. Removing the right to an abortion isn't a means to an end of having more babies, it is the end of simply removing the right to have an abortion. The same goes for their upcoming plans to remove protections for LGBT rights and contraceptive use. Their ideal society is one where LGBT people hide in the closet and sex is only something that happens between married people when they want to have a baby. It's hard to imagine many people being onboard for such a future, but that doesn't matter, because, you know, minority rule.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2022, 12:48:47 AM »
Actually there is an even older law that supercedes those "established" "rights". The Constitution specifically says that anything not defined in it is left to the states. The Roe vs. Wade guarantee to abortion was always illegal. The states control health laws, not the federal government.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:02:51 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2022, 01:34:22 AM »
Yes, I'm sure that'll stop the GOP from passing the federal abortion ban they're already working on:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/02/abortion-ban-roe-supreme-court-mississippi/
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2022, 02:31:42 AM »
Actually there is an even older law that supercedes those "established" "rights". The Constitution specifically says that anything not defined in it is left to the states. The Roe vs. Wayde guarantee to abortion was always illegal. The states control health laws, not the federal government.

The Supreme Court decision does what every decision that interprets the constitution does: clarifies what laws are constitutional and which aren’t. That isn’t an infringement anymore than ruling that free speech extends to television.