Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: ECHOSTAR (Private Satellite) Earth footage?
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2022, 05:34:56 PM »
Echostar IX was under the purview of the International Telecommunications Satellite Corporation (ITSO):
ITSO is an intergovernmental organization with 149-member states, that incorporates the principle set forth in Resolution 1721 (XVI) of the General Assembly of the United Nations, which established that communication by means of satellite should be available to the nations of the world as soon as practicable on a global and non-discriminatory basis.

Looks like more of a UN connection, if anything, and not NASA.

Your argument appears to be here that the US Government is not involved because the US Government is involved.  ::)

Nope, my argument is that NASA was not involved with Echostar IX. Or about as much involvement as they had with the Chinese satellite launch I referenced.

If you have an issue with satellite launches and tech and governments in general, maybe take that up with the 149-member states of the International Telecommunications Satellite Corporation & the UN. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to entertain your opinions on the matter.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2022, 06:19:37 PM »
Echostar IX was under the purview of the International Telecommunications Satellite Corporation (ITSO):
ITSO is an intergovernmental organization with 149-member states, that incorporates the principle set forth in Resolution 1721 (XVI) of the General Assembly of the United Nations, which established that communication by means of satellite should be available to the nations of the world as soon as practicable on a global and non-discriminatory basis.

Your argument appears to be here that the US Government is not involved because the US Government is involved.  ::)

Nope, my argument is that NASA was not involved with Echostar IX. Or about as much involvement as they had with the Chinese satellite launch I referenced.

If you have an issue with satellite launches and tech and governments in general, maybe take that up with the 149-member states of the International Telecommunications Satellite Corporation & the UN. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to entertain your opinions on the matter.

Yeah, like when the UN got together and decided to do this they asked the country of Chad to organize it with their expertise of space travel. I'm sure something like that happened. ::)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 06:33:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2022, 06:44:20 PM »

Yeah, like when the UN got together and decided to do this they asked the country of Chad to organize it with their expertise of space travel. I'm sure something like that happened. ::)

Who said Chad was involved regarding Echostar IX? Just like who said NASA was involved regarding Echostar IX?

All I'm suggesting is that you take your concerns to ITSO & the UN and let the 149 member states know that you think satellites and space-travel are faked by NASA.

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2022, 08:12:02 PM »
UAll I'm suggesting is that you take your concerns to ITSO & the UN and let the 149 member states know that you think satellites and space-travel are faked by NASA.

Exactly. This would be the greatest discovery of the century, why not publish a paper about why it’s all faked and inform the UN?

I’m still calling into question the FE reasoning for why the footage “looks fake”, when all the concerns are based off a misinterpretation, and therefore not a good case against space travel.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 08:17:41 PM by secretagent10 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2022, 09:40:34 PM »

Who said Chad was involved regarding Echostar IX? Just like who said NASA was involved regarding Echostar IX?

All I'm suggesting is that you take your concerns to ITSO & the UN and let the 149 member states know that you think satellites and space-travel are faked by NASA.
Posting UN nonsense and claiming that it somehow disconnects US Government involvement is just absurd.

We don't need to take our concerns anywhere else, most certainly anywhere you suggest.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 11:22:33 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2022, 09:58:50 PM »
Posting UN nonsense and claiming it that somehow disconnects US Government involvement is just absurd.

We don't need to take our concerns anywhere else, most certainly anywhere you suggest.

How about a more direct question: are there any problems with the EchoStar video provided in the original post? Any errors that would suggest it’s not real? This is what I wanted to know.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2022, 10:02:06 PM »

What ARE your "concerns", though?

Tom is trying to link Echostar to NASA, but has not shown any direct involvement. What's your concern about the footage?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2022, 11:59:15 PM »
What's your concern about the footage?

They keep avoiding this and bringing up external factors about how the government is involved etc.
I want to know if the footage itself has flaws that would help FET?

I would like to add that I find it noteworthy that lots of people start “investigating” FET based on some misinterpretation, such as “well why don’t they burn up in the thermosphere! Huh, must be fake!”
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 12:06:05 AM by secretagent10 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2022, 10:18:02 AM »
That footage in the OP is a joke.

From 00:53, what do you see?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2022, 10:44:58 AM »

Why?

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2022, 11:18:51 AM »

Why?
Look at the footage for about 20 seconds from 00:50 to 01:10.

What do you see?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2022, 11:35:47 AM »
Look at the footage for about 20 seconds from 00:50 to 01:10. What do you see?

A crescent Earth, in a similar fashion to the way I see a Crescent Moon in its cycle.  I see the crescent growing from the RHS as more of the viewed portion of the Earth is illuminated by the Sun.   I see some internal lens flare, and I see specks of debris or dirt on the lens or lens filter.

Do you have a point to make? 

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2022, 11:52:14 AM »
Yeah, the point is there is nothing consistent about the amount of what you like to call reflected dirt.

All special effects and much worse than anything presented in 1969.

Just some hack who thinks he is Ray Harryhausen.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2022, 12:02:19 PM »
Yeah, the point is there is nothing consistent about the amount of what you like to call reflected dirt.

1. I didn't say anything about "reflected"

2. What do you find inconsistent about it?

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2022, 12:37:38 PM »

1. I didn't say anything about "reflected"

2. What do you find inconsistent about it?
I think you need to consider how anything not emitting its own light, let alone dirt, can be visible to you at all without reflectivity occurring, prior to believing you are capable of declaring any video is valid.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2022, 12:45:29 PM »
I think you need to consider how anything not emitting its own light, let alone dirt, can be visible to you at all without reflectivity occurring, prior to believing you are capable of declaring any video is valid.

Are we still talking about the specks on the lens, or are you referring to the reflected light from the crescent?

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2022, 12:55:30 PM »

Are we still talking about the specks on the lens, or are you referring to the reflected light from the crescent?
OMG...

Never mind Tumeni.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2022, 01:08:19 PM »
Can't you just outline, in more than a hastily-written sentence, what your objection is?  If your best answer to a direct question is to shrug your shoulders, why bother?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:09:57 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2022, 01:11:13 PM »
Is that a Yes or No?
That is a "I am no longer going to engage you in this thread."

Have a good day.

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
Is that a Yes or No?
That is a "I am no longer going to engage you in this thread."

Have a good day.

I’m not sure what your point is. The specks are from radiation. You can literally see the same “specks” effect on a phone camera.