Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
Great.  Now they can be drafted.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
I wonder how the EU and Germany is handling this inflation, no gas, no wheat, no yobs, no food.

They could have weathered all this strife if they just wouldn't have listened. Bad Gold, Don't buy to protect your fam.

Snowden and Seagal become Russian citizens...
Importing.
Using electric heat.

Its a mess and it sucks. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
I wonder how the EU and Germany is handling this inflation, no gas, no wheat, no yobs, no food.

Yes, Putin and the glorious Soviet Union will save all of Europe from inflation and Nazi aggression.

Snowden and Seagal become Russian citizens...

Yes, you should join them in their wonderful new life of prosperity and freedom. There are all kinds of career opportunities in the Russian military.

America needs to move as many of these traitorous freaks to Russia as we can. Rather than allowing the Republicans to make us part of the new Soviet Republic, we need to ship them to Russia. Rand Paul, Melissa Boebert, M.J. Greene, Matt Gaetz, Josh (the running man) Hawley, Ron Johnson, Donald Trump and the whole Hee Haw gang needs to go. Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Bill Barr need to go to prison for thirty years and then get shipped to Russia.

After Ronald Reagan's pressure helped bring down the Soviet Union, these turncoats are helping Putin rebuild it. These communist collaborators are supporting Russia for one reason, they know Russia will support them in the next election.

This is how Venezuela became a Russian nation state. Putin flooded their media with propaganda that got those idiots to elect a bunch of corrupt pro-Russia politicians who then changed the laws so they can't be un-elected. We're watching it happen here.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile

They could have weathered all this strife if they just wouldn't have listened. Bad Gold, Don't buy to protect your fam.
What will gold buy you if there is nothing for sale?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125322026/russia-ukraine-referendums

The referendums are widely viewed as an initial Kremlin move toward formal Russian annexation of the territories, even as the exact timetable remains unclear.

Results reported Tuesday by Russian state media allegedly showed over 98% voting in favor of the measure in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics; while 93% voted for it in the Zaporizhzhia region and 87% in the Kherson region.

This very legitimate vote shows that the regions Russia wanted to help keep the peace in now suddenly want to be part of Russia.

Rama Set

And by such overwhelming and compelling margins. I don’t see how anyone can support Ukraine anymore.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
Well that's that I guess.  I suppose the Ukrainian military will just be packing it up and leaving now.

Offline stack

• View Profile
Seems legit, not like the Russian reported numbers would give anyone pause...

Results reported Tuesday by Russian state media allegedly showed over 98% voting in favor of the measure in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics; while 93% voted for it in the Zaporizhzhia region and 87% in the Kherson region.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
In Russia, the elections are managed by the federal government. Everyone cast their ballot then a black truck from the federal government takes the ballots away and announces the next day that El Presidente Gigante won in the landslide once again. There are no state or local election officials and no accountability.

This is what Trump attempted to do in his first year in office. Most Republicans thought it was a pretty cool idea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trumps-voting-commission-asked-states-to-hand-over-election-data-theyre-pushing-back/2017/06/30/cd8f812a-5dce-11e7-9b7d-14576dc0f39d_story.html
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Pretty well. How's shilling for Satan going for you?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tron

• View Profile
Why does anyone doubt that the some regions in eastern Ukraine would want to seperate themselves from the current Ukrainian government?  In 2014, the same government overthrew there Russian Guy who has since been in exile in Russia. ?
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline stack

• View Profile
I haven't a clue what's true or not, but Russia reporting 98% voting in favor seems just a tad suspicious. I mean when in the world has anything like this legitimately resulted in 2% shy of 100%? I guess it could happen, but really, 98%?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
I haven't a clue what's true or not, but Russia reporting 98% voting in favor seems just a tad suspicious. I mean when in the world has anything like this legitimately resulted in 2% shy of 100%? I guess it could happen, but really, 98%?

Incorrect. It's 98% of those who voted, voted in favor of joining Russia.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
Yes, perhaps not everybody voted but I I think there was an effort to include residents of the area, including those who fled to Russia.  It does seem like a high number.  Zelenskyy said he's concerned about people within these regions who may not be so quick to pick sides.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
Well I'm not going to lie.  I'm pretty disappointed that they voted to join Russia.  But a votes a vote.  I notice that the Ukrainian army appears to be driving Russian out of their own sovereign territory as of a day ago!

Perhaps Russia should take the matter to the UN.  They've always been extremely effective at resolving international disputes.  I have no doubt that a strong letter written by them to Ukraine should cause them to retreat.

Rama Set

That’s what he said. 98% voting in favour.

Offline stack

• View Profile

Ummm, yeah, typically voters who voted are those who voted.

Did you want to make some sort of cogent point? If so, you may want to try again.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

Did you want to make some sort of cogent point? If so, you may want to try again.

His point is that anyone who didn't want to be part of Russia wasn't allowd to vote.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-63077272

Ah, you see, now that the regions are literally Russia, Ukraine is actually invading Russia! Putin is a true mastermind of strategic thought.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile

The point is that you phrased it as "Russia reporting 98% voting". This is incorrect phrasing and implied that 98% of the people voted in favor of Russia. It's really 98% of people who voted who voted in favor of Russia.

This connects to your remarks of absurdity. The people who loved Ukraine could simply have not voted or have already migrated out of the country or to the anti-Russia side of the country.

It is also possible that people simply side with Russia there and hate Zielinski based on social pressures there, much like how upwards of 98% of people hate pedophiles based on social norms and pressures.

Whatever the explanation, the point is that you were wrong about the phrasing of your remarks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 02:04:17 PM by Tom Bishop »