Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: The Taliban Won
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2021, 12:57:29 AM »
Seems like this is a good thing to me. The problem with 9/11 was that the US couldn't just bomb Afganistan infrastructure because the terrorists who did it weren't actually running the country. Now that they are, they can deal with the terrorists on a national war-like level.

Rama Set

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2021, 01:00:39 AM »
You write a lot of stupid comments. This is one of them. What you propose has precisely zero chance of lessening the threat of attacks against the USA.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2021, 01:05:04 AM »
You write a lot of stupid comments. This is one of them. What you propose has precisely zero chance of lessening the threat of attacks against the USA.

What was being done before to prevent people from coming to America to try to bomb buildings? Were the soldiers stationed there convincing the people there to love America?

No. The US was not getting people to love America by policing them. The longer the US meddles in their affairs the more hate is generated. The best way is to keep out of their affairs and stop trying to police them entirely.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:13:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2021, 01:11:40 AM »
The best way is to keep out of their affairs and stop trying to police them entirely.

How do you propose keeping out of their affairs and…

deal with the terrorists on a national war-like level.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2021, 01:18:34 AM »
The best way is to keep out of their affairs and stop trying to police them entirely.

What? 9/11 occurred because the US was meddling in their affairs. The US was the aggressor who attacked those people with their actions and presence and created terrorists. If you send soldiers into a country to police and control people or resources you can expect some terrorists. They didn't just attack the US out of the blue. If you don't want terrorists, stop messing with foreign countries.

Why didn't Bin Laden attack a skyscraper in India? Because the Indians didn't meddle with them. The solution is to be more like the Indians and stop warmongering over resources and policing foreign nations.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:39:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 06:42:36 AM »

What? 9/11 occurred because the US was meddling in their affairs. The US was the aggressor who attacked those people with their actions and presence and created terrorists. If you send soldiers into a country to police and control people or resources you can expect some terrorists. They didn't just attack the US out of the blue. If you don't want terrorists, stop messing with foreign countries.

Why didn't Bin Laden attack a skyscraper in India? Because the Indians didn't meddle with them. The solution is to be more like the Indians and stop warmongering over resources and policing foreign nations.

India's not really well known for their skyscrapers.

Out of curiosity which particular instance of meddling were you referring to?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 07:18:02 AM »
There are some collected quotes from Al Qaeda on their motivations for attacking here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motives_for_the_September_11_attacks

- Support of Israel by United States
- American Immorality
- Sanctions imposed against Iraq
- Presence of US military in Saudi Arabia
- Conflict in Somalia, Chechnya, Kashmir, Lebanon and the Philippines

Most of that is related to the US meddling in the affairs of the Middle East. The US meddled and some people got upset about it and attacked.

Bin Laden declared war on the USA years before the 2001 attack.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/08/twenty-years-war/496736/ - "[O]n August 23, 1996, Osama bin Laden declared war on the United States."

So a middle eastern group with a long time grudge attacks after the US continues to meddle in middle eastern affairs. How surprising.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 02:08:19 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 07:37:34 AM »
The USA have had 20 years to win this war. An entire generation that they could have 'educated' differently. You can't win a war by just fighting. You have to leave an indelible cultural mark behind you. The USA have left nothing. So they'll go right back to what they were doing beforehand.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 01:11:15 PM »
Despite this being the completely foreseeable outcome (long before trump announced his plan to withdraw, so I dont even drop the blame solely on his lap), this has been a wildly embarrassing display of a complete lack of preparedness by the countries who were in Afghanistan to help free the Afghani people. Seeing the mobs trying to get on evacuation flights, reading about embassy guards left to fend for themselves after the facilities were evacuated, interpreters being completely abandoned... just a sad display all around.

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2021, 02:36:33 PM »
Seems like this is a good thing to me. The problem with 9/11 was that the US couldn't just bomb Afganistan infrastructure because the terrorists who did it weren't actually running the country. Now that they are, they can deal with the terrorists on a national war-like level.

This is the worst take I have ever heard and it could only have come from a flat earther. I suppose anti-intellectualism thinks alike.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »

This is the worst take I have ever heard and it could only have come from a flat earther. I suppose anti-intellectualism thinks alike.

This just sets up a refrain  of "Trump was right to leave" followed by "Biden's incompetence botched our exit and left the country in shambles" which sets up a winless position where if he brings troops back in, he is a meddling warmonger, and if he doesnt, hes an impotent, weak old man who doesnt defend democracy.

Rama Set

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2021, 04:12:27 PM »

This just sets up a refrain  of "Trump was right to leave" followed by "Biden's incompetence botched our exit and left the country in shambles" which sets up a winless position where if he brings troops back in, he is a meddling warmonger, and if he doesnt, hes an impotent, weak old man who doesnt defend democracy.

The GOP is already setting the stage:

https://theweek.com/afghanistan-war/1003748/gop-takes-down-2020-page-touting-trumps-historic-peace-agreement-with-the

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2021, 07:14:46 AM »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2021, 11:05:40 AM »
I am very happy the Taliban have succeeded, just as I was very happy they succeeded (when they were called the Mujahudeen, when formed by the US administration of Czar Bushy the I, the single biggest mass murderer ever seen) during the war with Russia.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 11:27:06 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2021, 12:13:12 PM »
Although I understand wanting the US gone and having their imperialism stifled, I am not sure how one could be happy the Taliban are in power.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2021, 12:25:25 PM »
Although I understand wanting the US gone and having their imperialism stifled, I am not sure how one could be happy the Taliban are in power.
Could be that lack of understanding you have with the Afghans having a big problem with outsiders coming to their country and trying to spread their woke bullshit getting in the way.

There is no such fucking thing as "The Taliban."

That is some fucked up imperialistic word utilized by the woke neocon assholes that got us into this shit to begin with.

I hope they keep kicking ass and taking names, at least until the giants come out of the caves over there again.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 12:42:51 PM by Action80 »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2021, 12:29:54 PM »
We are watching a very Western narrative on the news. About how the Afghanis are devastated and it's the end of the world and we have to let them all immigrate over here and live with us. But I was watching Al Jazeera this morning and most Afghanis don't really care. Many by the Pakistan border were being interviewed and saying it hasn't even disrupted their businesses or their cross border trade. 

The thing is, it was a civil war. And the Americans picked sides. And when they do that, the enemy are suddenly evil terrorists and despicable and do all kinds of human rights atrocities etc ... but how you you expect them to treat you and your allies when you've been drone striking them for 20 years? They hate you, of course.

But regular Afghanis don't seem half as bothered as the BBC are making them out to be. Sure, the current Afghan politicians and those who aided the Americans are packing it. They've lost the war. But no one else seems that bothered despite all the protestations about women's rights and girls education and all the other leftist tropes the MSM like to bandy about.

My feeling is that apart from the current government and allies, everyone else will be better off now this power vacuum has been allowed to equalise.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
Except women. Women will be worse off. So half the population will be worse off. Oh, and all the men who think women shouldn’t be treated like slaves. They also will be worse off.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think America should have been there for 20 years and I don’t doubt on the ground level, many people won’t have their lives substantially disrupted. Except women, of course.

Rama Set

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2021, 12:40:53 PM »
Could be that lack of understanding you have with the Afghans having a big problem with outsiders coming to their country and trying to spread their woke bullshit getting in the way.

Yes, not wanting women treated like slaves is just far-left woke politics.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 12:45:00 PM »

Yes, not wanting women treated like slaves is just far-left woke politics.
I have no idea why you suddenly want to pretend to care about Afghan women, let alone women in general.

None of them could give two shits about your thoughts on anything.